• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Discussion The May Celebrations Event

Paladestar

Enchanter
Just reading some patch notes from the last time we had the shuffle board.

"All 3x Relics rewards have been changed into Knowledge Points, Ancient Knowledge Instants, or Time Reduction Instants."

So at Christmas the 3x relic reward was deemed to be so bad it was replaced. Now with this event we can get 1x relic rewards! Hmmmm...

geordianna

Soothsayer
How do I get the last flower on the task bar - today when I collected the 10 points the bar disappeared and I got the message "task completed that never happened before" - will the task bar appear again tomorrow when I do the next daily task?

DeletedUser

How do I get the last flower on the task bar - today when I collected the 10 points the bar disappeared and I got the message "task completed that never happened before" - will the task bar appear again tomorrow when I do the next daily task?

hello @Geordianna, the task bar will appear tomorrow, and 1 each day until the last day of the May Celebrations Event.

Alcaro

Necromancer
I am disappointed by this event on so many levels that doesn't even worth mentioning them I hated the bricks from winter event, now we have spinning buds!
Stop wasting my time!!! I have 4 cities and I have to spend hours on using the buds! I hoped that on app will go faster but no, there you have to wait until the "Tap to continue" appears to be able to go further! :mad:
Are we taken for kids of 3 yo who would be amused by this kind of animation????

Last edited by a moderator:

Hekata

Artisan
I agree @Alcaro . That extra click and animation is probably the worst part of the shuffle system. The animations are so slow and take too much time.

DeletedUser

dear @Alcaro, Firstly, I couldn't disagree with you more over the animation. It is cute, pretty, & has a fairy touch to it. Secondly, if we choose to have more cities than one hand can hold, it is our problem if we are stressed out & stretched with no leisure left to sit back to enjoy things. Your post is aggressive, disrespectful & unproductive. Please kindly have a look at the forum rules page.

Errandil

Conjurer
dear @Alcaro, Firstly, I couldn't disagree with you more over the animation. It is cute, pretty, & has a fairy touch to it. Secondly, if we choose to have more cities than one hand can hold, it is our problem if we are stressed out & stretched with no leisure left to sit back to enjoy things. Your post is aggressive, disrespectful & unproductive. Please kindly have a look at the forum rules page.
I'm sorry, but I just converted 200 thingies to the grand prizes yesterday and I have to strongly disagree, it may be cute the first five, maybe ten times, but even with one city it's painfully slow and annoying. If I was running several cities I'd probably already be on my way to find the genius who came up with this idea. Artificially slowing the game with animations (which is the common thing nowadays, especially in the mobile gaming) is overall pretty annoying, and it's even more so when it suddenly comes up in the game that usually don't have this issue.

Deleted User - 1759805

I'm sorry, but I just converted 200 thingies to the grand prizes yesterday and I have to strongly disagree, it may be cute the first five, maybe ten times, but even with one city it's painfully slow and annoying. If I was running several cities I'd probably already be on my way to find the genius who came up with this idea. Artificially slowing the game with animations (which is the common thing nowadays, especially in the mobile gaming) is overall pretty annoying, and it's even more so when it suddenly comes up in the game that usually don't have this issue.
And the worst part? The game already knows what the outcome of the conversion is (1, 2 or 3) even before animation even starts. It is received from the server, and only then animation starts. Just pure waste of time.

Timneh

Artisan
The animations are pointless. All they do is take up time and make some people angry, as for being pretty that is a metter of personal opinion.

Paladestar

Enchanter
The animations are indeed tiresome. Thankfully however, all good web browsers come with a set of dev. tools built-in and these can be used to streamline the process of spending all of the pink thingys...

RainbowElvira

Sorcerer
The event is over, here's my feedback:

What I liked:
- finite quest line
- doable quests (for me)
- enough prizes to fully evolve the may tree

What I disliked:
- scratchcard style event
- lifeforce conversion animation could not be stopped
- another evolving building

All in all, little gain for little effort.

Hekata

Artisan
Ah the joys of the shuffle board when you collect enough seeds to open one last flower and you get the 2x, lol

Pauly7

Magus
Ah the joys of the shuffle board when you collect enough seeds to open one last flower and you get the 2x, lol
That seemed to always happen to me if I was opening flowers on any particular evening and had used them all up. The 2x always seemed to be that last one of the day and you knew it was going to reshuffle by the time you got more seeds.

Alcaro

Necromancer
Hi Trilljay,
if it's my problem for choosing to have more cities then it's your problem disagreeing with me about the animation. Don't care how cute and pretty is if it's wasting my time. Using almost 170 buds in one city it took me almost 1.5h. Now, please enlighten me, what is cute on that!?
After spending almost 6 hours with those buds, you can be sure I was angry and I seem aggressive but can you point it out exactly what part of my comment was disrespectful? Btw, respect is earned.
Please, exemplify, how it would sound a productive sentence, describing an simple action which is extended to hours?

Pauly7

Magus
I only did a very small amount of the event and was not pleased when i got the x2 followed by the shuffle, and it happened twice.
That's a bummer too... Although, you still get 20 free seeds instead of 10 right? It's better than getting x2 followed by one relic.

By the way, Inno, if it hasn't been said enough already, I think a prize of 1 relic is an insult. I would actually prefer it just to see a message saying "you didn't win a prize this time". That would be less annoying.