• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Discussion The May Celebrations Event

Silmaril

Community Manager
Elvenar Team
I will keep you updated

Sir Derf

Adept
Cheers for another example of good intra-ThirdRockfromtheSunDenizening.

(I can't say that I've got a million of them, but that's not my last...)

IronOrchid

Seeker
scratch card event again.
shoot myself now shall i?
perhaps INNO can have an opt out button for events. I would actually be happier if i didn't have to deal with it at all

Deleted User - 1759805

I wonder if this feedback would have been the same if we were playing for a Fire Phoenix or Brown Bear or equivalent. If people actually want the evolving buildings then 500 diamonds is still worth more than what the mystical object would pay out in event currency, but then I think there is normally double the chance of getting that event currency.

p.s. I don't remember any discussion on this topic.
Yes, some people (myself included) stashed dozens of Mystical Objects in the hope that there will be an outstanding event building one of those days, and a little extra event currency can make a difference.

Good thing that no outstanding buildings are in sight ;)

pobble

Spellcaster
So I have got to the quest "

Recruit a huge amount of Units or Invest 10 Knowledge Points in any Ancient Wonder
Produce a good amount of Marble, Steel or Planks
And I dropped a 10kp AW instant into my neighbours Elvenar Trade Centre.
Alas, the quest claims that I have not achieved the "invest 10 KP" half of the requirement.
What is the problem here please? Is it a bug?

Hekata

Artisan
And I dropped a 10kp AW instant into my neighbours Elvenar Trade Centre.
Alas, the quest claims that I have not achieved the "invest 10 KP" half of the requirement.
What is the problem here please? Is it a bug?
I think I remember it was a bug on Beta. Seems it crept back in again.

Killiak

Artisan
Newsletters are still on-going for events and there is now an option in your game settings to re-subscribe to make sure you get them. However today the link has broken as m4rt1n has found. We are working on fixing it currently.

Really? Because Support has told me several times now that you cannot re-subscribe. Ever.

Silmaril

Community Manager
Elvenar Team
Really? Because Support has told me several times now that you cannot re-subscribe. Ever.
This changed at the end of March, so as long as your email has been validated and is current. Just reconfirm your preferences in the data usage window (settings -> data usage -> Receive e-mails about game events, features and offers as well was news about our other games. This will now allow a resubscribe.

C-Nymph

Necromancer
I will keep you updated
Do you have any news yet? I always used to get the emails but haven't received one yet now. I understood from the US forums that the roll out of the mails had been halted due to the error (https://us.forum.elvenar.com/index....ion-event-discussion.22742/page-3#post-176941), which is why some people received mails and others didn't, but I'd like to know if and when new (correct) emails have been sent out, so I can check/confirm whether I have indeed received one or need to send a ticket to support in case I haven't.

AstralSoul

Illusionist
This changed at the end of March, so as long as your email has been validated and is current. Just reconfirm your preferences in the data usage window (settings -> data usage -> Receive e-mails about game events, features and offers as well was news about our other games. This will now allow a resubscribe.

I had it checked, but updated it again anyway and got "Your data usage options have been successfully changed!" So, will the e-mail arrive eventually? Thanks!

RainbowElvira

Sorcerer

Thank you for the info. If there was an announcement, I missed it. This is great news for some of my fellow players.

Killiak

Artisan
Very much so, please spread the word as although to late for this event it does help to get a few extra goodies

So, Inno changed something that has been VERY important for many people, who have sent in many, MANY tickets on the issue; and then DID NOT ANNOUNCE IT.

I have made many posts on this forum about Inno's very poor communication skills. So here we have another one.
@Silmaril How many more posts am I going to have to make?

Gargon667

Mentor
Well I have held back posting so I could play the event for a bit first, even though all the facts have of course been out there before.

Anyway I think I finally understand what the point of all this is! But first about this event:

Always tried to find something good, and have managed at least something small. This time extremely hard, but I try anyway:
- mana and seed producing buildings in the shuffle board instead of only the pure culture garbage! Unfortunately more than overcompensated right away again by removing Pet Food, so ends up being worse than before!
- the timeline is a nice idea, looks good and is useful. Problem it is right away used to NERF our prizes while outwardly looking like giving us 3 artifacts extra. Unfortunately it does not, the even gives us the same number artifacts as always. by giving us 3 "free" artifacts they also reduce the number event currency we get, which leads to the sma enumber artifacts, but FEWER of all other prizes, both dailies and fillers! So awesome way to turn a nice looking feature into the worst part of the event!
I better stop with positive feedback, it is too depressing.

intermediate:
-The grand prize, well wouldn´t call it grand, but absolutely decent. It is not worse than the previous one at least which in this event could bump this up to the best thing I can come up with for this event!
- No event currency in the Mystical objects! Sure never was a big bother I just never opened one during events. Now I don´t have to wait 3 weeks... Btw in the discussion (I actually started one in the suggestions section) I asked to improve (not delete) this featuer by tripling the amount of event currency to make it a fair deal when compared to other prizes in the objects. However deleting this option is at least better than keeping it.

negative:
-look at the positive ones!
- SHUFFLEBOARD! The worst invention in any event ever! No way to see anything positive here. have not seen anyone else (except people working for Inno) who have seen anything positive about it either.
- limited quest line: seems pointless to keep bringing it up, endless quests will never come back anyway. So we accept it as normal now?

So here comes the player feedback for future events: GET RID OF THE SHUFFLEBOARD, DO NOT IMPROVE IT, GET RID OF IT AND NEVER BRING IT BACK! If in doubt about what I want to say with this, please contact me and do not assume that I want it "improved".

So now to what I mentioned above: What it all means. Btw if this has been common knowledge before I apologize, I have not seen it posted yet.

So far I have always assumed Inno was trying to balance events. I agree that the last years summer and autumn events have been completely out of whack in terms of balance, because of unchecked unlimited questlines. So highly active players broke the bank and gained insane advantages. This needed to be fixed and I thought the christmas event was a fair compromise in terms of catering to both active and less active players. The shuffleboard, was my only major complaint back then. I thought they made the Christmas event extra bad, so they can then ramp it up again in the future to a level somewhere in between Summer/Fall and Christmas. Little did I know, that actually every single event after then has been worse for rewards than the previous one! Without exception. This cannot be called balancing anymore. It is a constant downwards spiral.

So far the facts. Now here my interpretation:
The goal is not actually to balance the game for active players vs. less active player, or well if one want to call it balancing it is the most extreme form of balancing:
1. Remove all kind of choice
2. Remove the influence of activity level
3. Reduce amount and quality of rewards

=> this leads to a completely level playing field: Everybody will receive the same (low) amount of random junk, no matter how hard you try.
This can be easily repeated without much work input forever. It, in the end reduces events to something like an elaborate challenge with nicer graphics.

How is it done?
1. Remove choice: Shuffleboard:.meaning no strategic thinking player can gain better results than a completely random clicker.
2. Remove activity: Shorter and shorter limited quest line that absoluteley everybody can finish without problems (no more need even to build little lvl 1 buildings this time at all). Handing out free currency just for logging in instead of having more quest is another push. A third one is handing out free artifacts on a tiny questline, reducing the need for more quests even further. What´s the point? The point is noone can gain more from an event than the designers want. everybody gets the same amount, no more balancing necessary.
3. Reduce rewards: The amount is drastically reduced again this time by handing out free artifacts and therefore lowering all prizes including the dailies, that now don´t have to be (and cannot be, because no more event currency is offered) gained anymore from opening chests/shuffleboard prizes. The quality has been reduced over the last couple of events as well. Gone are the 30 KP instants and all the time boosts! KPs have simply been lowered to smaller numbers, while time boosts have been replaced by lower quality troop instants (of course this has been sold as an improvement). The daily prize buildings seem to be kept at similar quality levels, but since the numbers are so drastically reduced it has about the same effect. It will simply not be possible to do as much with the rewards of one event as it was with rewards of previous events.

What do we make of it?
That is the big question! We can:
1. Fight for better events or
2. Accept them as they are: Cost no effort (they finish themselves after a while) and our cities benefit as little as it costs us. We take away a few mostly useless random gimmicks which we didn´t have to work for. It´s fair enough really, can´t complain. But excitement about events is sure never going to happen again.

So now I am finally and utterly done with this topic, sorry for the long text, just felt like it needed to come out...

Sir Derf

Adept
Just to discuss one of your points. Is this a reduction in quests?

Is this a parallel of last year's Summer Solstice (which followed the Phoenix event), a 25 day 116 quest+daily quests event with the Stonehenge evolving building?
Is this a parallel of last year's Queen of the Seas, a 10 day 39 quest event with Mauriel non-evolving building?

I thought I recalled a 58-quest event, but my quick research did not find it.

AstralSoul

Illusionist
It feels to me it is a "quarantine Event" as it is developed so you need to play every day the event. It is the first event I can't finish within 2-3 days. Those NH helps (I do them all at once), and the speed of relic request is high, forcing us to wait into (and play ofc), the tournament. And I did read somewhere that after 30-40 quests, you stop getting more, and you get a daily quest.

It's a sold idea to keep you engaged. I am happy finishing it fast and continue my regular gameplay, but I know some players finish it fast, and are hungry for more.

I am the odd type that liked the event item drop from the MA, and I had 7 chests waiting (@Silmaril that was the grand total, I thought I had more haha.) Most people didn't like this, so they were kind to remove it. (How about making it optional, Silmaril? Like 100 event items, or chest? That way, everybody happy. Although, except for the dreaded Winter Lamptions, and another Manasaw mill, prizes were exciting (boosters, knowledge, my fav).

I do not know why they brought the shuffleboard back. I like more the chests, although the board is more thrilling, I think this was an even bigger problem besides the event items in the MA!

Pauly7

Magus
And I did read somewhere that after 30-40 quests, you stop getting more, and you get a daily quest.
There are 38 regular quests. Once finished quests will then appear 1 per day. The event is 20 days long and you need to complete 58 quests to receive the final artefact on the timeline.

Gargon667

Mentor
Just to discuss one of your points. Is this a reduction in quests?

Is this a parallel of last year's Summer Solstice (which followed the Phoenix event), a 25 day 116 quest+daily quests event with the Stonehenge evolving building?
Is this a parallel of last year's Queen of the Seas, a 10 day 39 quest event with Mauriel non-evolving building?

I thought I recalled a 58-quest event, but my quick research did not find it.
Why compare it to something that old? Btw Phoenix was the Easter event, Solstice was the Stonhenge. But no matter what both events came before the unlimited questlines and I did not include those events in my thoughts really. I am talking about how the Summer and Autumn was of course insanely over rewarded (much higher rewards than the previous 2 events on limited quest lines). Then they tried balancing it for Christmas and after that it was a constant downhill from there.

I don´t think the length of the questline is a major factor for rewards (you can simply hand out more event currency per quest, if you want to keep rewards the same), they are an indicator of making events simple for everybody to complete. Simple for everybody means insanely boring for active players. When I started playing it was a challenge to get through the quest line, as I got better it was a challenge to get it done quickly, then for 3 events it was an actual challenge to complete as many as possible! Now it is a challenge not to fall asleep and forget collecting the strawberries, but at least they work on making the rewards so uninteresting as to not matter anymore if one forgets...