• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Discussion The May Celebrations Event

Killiak

Artisan
Doesn't change the fact that it is... again... a shuffle board.

Inno may have tied a lovely pink ribbon to a corner, and painted the edges in a pretty gold color; the base form is still the same.

Jackluyt

Shaman
The 'May Celebrations' Questline Event starts on Monday May 11th

You will find all the core information including prizes and discussion here:
https://tinyurl.com/ybctnlsy

You are welcome to share this link with friends and fellowship.

96310244_10216686906865698_6294669391451652096_n.jpg

Here is a look at the Festive May Tree evolving building:

95743465_10216663387517729_435987047954513920_n.jpg

Elvenar Platinum Leaf is a free-to-join public Facebook group for lovers of Elvenar.
You and your friends are welcome to join, to join in discussion with our members, and share all the latest news from the Forums.

Timneh

Artisan
@Timneh. I have above mentioned the three changed from these sources.

You mentioned changes to the event as a whole not changes to the shuffle board specifically. In your earlier post you said there have been considerable changes to the "shuffle", this would appear to be incorrect as it seems the only change to that is that flowers will be returned if a player opens the shuffle prize meaning the shuffle feature is still practically the same as it was last time where almost everyone hated it. If the devs had listened to feedback this feature would not have been brought back as most of the feedback asked for it to never be used again.

Thagdal

Sorcerer
"If a present containing a Reshuffle is opened, your invested Red Ribbons for opening this present are returned and you receive a Candy Hammer."

From winter magic announcement, so yeah there are no changes to the "Shuffle"

Timneh

Artisan
Thanks for correcting me guys, i don't remember getting back ribbons in the winter event (but i didn't do a lot in it)
@Silmaril if there has actually not been any changes made to the prize giving system at all why did you post that there has ?

We have made some considerable changes to the 'shuffle' in the event as well as a few other changes to improve and move forward event mechanisms. Based on feedback from previous events...

I draw your attention to the first part of your post.

Silmaril

Community Manager
Elvenar Team
Thanks for correcting me guys, i don't remember getting back ribbons in the winter event (but i didn't do a lot in it)
@Silmaril if there has actually not been any changes made to the prize giving system at all why did you post that there has ?

I draw your attention to the first part of your post.

Because three main changes have been made as per the announcement: The Daily May Reward, Quest Milestones, Limited Story Questline and then episodic quests. We have also made sure that one quest = 1 unlock, rather than previously several quests needed to be completed to create one unlock.
So from a point of the shuffle board one quest = 1 prize now, Milestones mean that you get additional prizes when you reach each milestone, which has never been the case before either.

Timneh

Artisan
This is like talking to a brick wall. The 3 changes made are not changes to the shuffle system. You stated that considerable changes had been made to the shuffle system but apparently there have been none, the changes you mention are changes to the event not the shuffle system. Why can't you just admit that no changes have been made to the shuffle system but 3 changes have been made to the event ?

Pauly7

Magus
Agreed. Quite frustrating.

This conversation isn't going to go anywhere. @Silmaril you keep repeating changes to the event system that have nothing to do with the shuffle board.

The truth is there are no changes to the previous shuffle system.

It is possible that what we are seeing is the voice of Inno relayed to us, but it's starting to feel like one of those situations now where they've decided on a way of spinning something, imagining that we'll believe it's new and exciting and be on board.

I'm more frustrated by the argument now than the reintroduction of the terrible system.

Hekata

Artisan
The frustrating part is indeed making us feel a bit like fools incapable of comparing the 2 systems and seeing it's the same thing. Personally I'd rather have an honest answer that they have decided to keep the shuffle board as it is and just experiment with a different way of balancing the event.

Edit: No offence meant to anyone. I just don't like the feeling of being told that something is different when it's clear that it isn't.

Last edited:

DeletedUser4149

be careful. twice i was banned from this forum for seeing through lies and deception that were more blatant than this situation.

Silmaril

Community Manager
Elvenar Team
I apologise if this has got lost somewhere in translation, here. To me the whole event is a ''shuffle event'', so therefore any changes to our usual events of this type is a change in my eyes. Maybe that is not the case with others here, but thats my perspective anyway.

Does anyone know if the quests after #38 will expire if not completed within 24 hours? Will the next daily quest pop up after completion or will either of the quests be lost?

Hekata

Artisan
Does anyone know if the quests after #38 will expire if not completed within 24 hours? Will the next daily quest pop up after completion or will either of the quests be lost?
From what I've read on Beta, they don't expire, it works pretty much like the old daily quests.

Sir Derf

Adept
For those negative Nancys out there, notice that this means that what before were a second parallel line of quests you could do once a day regardless of progress on the main quest line is now shifted so you can't start them until you've finished all the others.

Killiak

Artisan
Every new community manager tries this a few times, waving about 'changes' when every 5-year old can see that it's all just window-dressing.
Personally I think it is hilarious that Inno thinks they can fool their players this way.

Edit; deleting negative parts of comments doesn't change the fact that polishing up your shuffle board with a little chrome does very little for how they are perceived by the players.

Last edited:

Silmaril

Community Manager
Elvenar Team
I must be in the minority here then as I do actually like the shuffle events and was happy to see them also in Elvenar. As of course this is not the only Inno game I play. So I am sorry that these changes have left many here unimpressed.