• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

The main problem with Fellowship Adventures - IMO

Pauly7

Magus
I wasn't sure where to put this, so I started a new thread here.

I have expressed my negative views about the difficulty of the Fellowship Adventures and that this would need to be looked at before we seriously considered participating. However, as our FS casually plays through the early stages of this Adventure, just picking up the badges that are convenient and not detrimental to our games - it becomes glaringly obvious to me what the sole problem of difficulty is:

Blacksmith Badges.

This badge requires a player to take 5 of their workshops out of action for 24 hours. This is often over half of someone's workshops and if (like me) your city can only just support itself with tools output, then lining up your workshops to make a Blacksmith badge (especially when you aren't taking the FA seriously) doesn't bear thinking about.

Let's assume, also, that there isn't any room to build a lot of 'throw away' workshops and we're not prepared to knock our cities down for an FA (before we go down that road.)

So if you compare this to the 1 day or 2 day goods production badges, one of those can be obtained by only taking one marble manufactory out of action. Not only that, but when tool production is tight it is more critical that you keep producing the same amount than it is with goods.

Even though the Blacksmith badge is much harder to produce than those other long term badges, it seems that the FA requires you to produce twice as many of them.

So it's in the suggestion forum as I mean this to be another piece of feedback in relation to Fellowship Adventures. If the Blacksmith Badge was altered so that only one toolbox was needed (or possibly two at a push) then the whole thing would seem a good deal less insane.

DeletedUser2114

I totally agree Pauly. We are being asked to make an incredible amount of these badges. Most of us don't have the space to build extra workshops which would be ideal and I certainly am not taking half my workshops out of production for a whole day. The rewards in this event are not really making any of it worth while to the point where most of our Fellowship couldn't be bothered compared to the rewards in events.

Deleted User - 384643

I agree that the amount of Blacksmith Guild badges required are ridiculous.
The Fellowship Adventures before this one needed a lot less Blacksmith badges and was therefore more balanced IMO.
Not sure why the Elvenar devs felt the need to double down on those %^$^#^% Blacksmith badges again in this FA. :(

cwgiii

Shaman
I agree that the number of Blacksmith Badges is a challenge. And I agree for a particular player that it might be impossible. However, each fellowship is unique and each player has their own circumstances at any given point in the game.

Last FA, I had to really only pick up what I could in the course of my regular play. I was more than half way through a chapter and wanted to get to a point where I could maximize the next award structures given in the upcoming holiday event. I had no space in my city as I had maximized my guest race structures. So, as a fellowship, we relied on other players to do some heavy lifting. This time (as in a previous FA, I was able to time things so I had a clear area in my city from clearing my guest race structures. That afforded me the space to really be flexible with lots of T1 structures and Workshops. So I could really contribute a lot. This all waxes and wanes. Everyone helps in the ways that they can. That, to me is one of the real fun aspects of the FA.

What may seem as a challenge to a particular player now, is easy later on. I might have the time to churn out those beverages this time. But later, I really just can't stay put for that long (real life calls), and I have to produce longer interval goods.

DeletedUser2114

Definitely co-ordination and forward planning is key as is communication. Unfortunately all the above seem to be lacking within my fellowships at the moment, and if anything driving us further apart, than actually bringing us together :(. For instance I asked several times in chat what should I be producing or focusing on but it was like pulling teeth. We do seem to be more organised today and I have been put making potions and those day long workshop things, but up to now nobody knew who was making what and so on. I've not enjoyed it I must say and the tasks we are asked to do don't seem to match the rewards. Roll on Crash and the Undead :D

m4rt1n

Adept
The other main problem with the FA badges is the spells. In my fellowship a lot of new players eager to join in and not fully understanding the concept cannot seem to make the spells badges. The 100 planks silk elixir just put them off doing them completely. :(

cwgiii

Shaman
The other main problem with the FA badges is the spells. In my fellowship a lot of new players eager to join in and not fully understanding the concept cannot seem to make the spells badges. The 100 planks silk elixir just put them off doing them completely.

I don't like the spell badges either. Personally, the only spell I have any use for is the meditation spell to double KP capacity, which is not included in the badges. I literally have over 400 of the others each and climbing. So many had to be generated early on, and are now given as prizes, while I use so few, that I can't imagine wasting relics on their generation. Just my humble opinion.

But, they are part of the adventure, and we distribute that load among the fellowship.

DeletedUser3781

I agree that blacksmiths are the worst. Even if you build 1st level buildings to make badges, 5 workshops take 20 squares, which is the most space needed per badge.

The other main problem with the FA badges is the spells. In my fellowship a lot of new players eager to join in and not fully understanding the concept cannot seem to make the spells badges. The 100 planks silk elixir just put them off doing them completely. :(
I don't mean to be rude, but I don't get what a problem is. It seems super simple to me: 1. get a spell 2. go to trader and pick up a trade. Are they so small they don't have enough goods to trade?

cwgiii

Shaman
It also seems simple to me, but for some reason they don't seem to understand. It leaves me somewhat puzzled.

Some (or all) may understand, they may just not want to comply.

However, unfortunately, there are folks out there that just need extra hand-holding too.

Lelanya

Mentor
I agree that the amount of Blacksmith Guild badges required are ridiculous.
The Fellowship Adventures before this one needed a lot less Blacksmith badges and was therefore more balanced IMO.
Not sure why the Elvenar devs felt the need to double down on those %^$^#^% Blacksmith badges again in this FA. :(
Because all the extra clicking caused several FSs to 'lock' their pit. On our server it was the Knights of Anduin on EN1. Support spent hours helping them and despite my attempts to get folks to appreciate their efforts many staff quit in disillusion.
Also several folks reported health issues due to excessive clicking

DeletedUser2114

I agree that blacksmiths are the worst. Even if you build 1st level buildings to make badges, 5 workshops take 20 squares, which is the most space needed per badge.

I don't mean to be rude, but I don't get what a problem is. It seems super simple to me: 1. get a spell 2. go to trader and pick up a trade. Are they so small they don't have enough goods to trade?
The problem here is, and I only realised on my Felyndral account this weekend is that most of my fellowship and I are still only in Chapter 1 and 2 and we haven't unlocked the Orange spell yet. And the one that requires Elixer, well again a lot of us are still only on Tier 1 so to acquire Elixer means putting up 16 times our tier 1 goods which are not in great supply at that level. Granted some of the bigger players help out here but it can be a huge problem for fellowships starting out. If you ask me, the whole thing is unfairly balanced to favour big fellowships with advanced cities.

Lelanya

Mentor
The problem here is, and I only realised on my Felyndral account this weekend is that most of my fellowship and I are still only in Chapter 1 and 2 and we haven't unlocked the Orange spell yet. And the one that requires Elixer, well again a lot of us are still only on Tier 1 so to acquire Elixer means putting up 16 times our tier 1 goods which are not in great supply at that level. Granted some of the bigger players help out here but it can be a huge problem for fellowships starting out. If you ask me, the whole thing is unfairly balanced to favour big fellowships with advanced cities.
Another indication that mixed level FS are required

Deleted User - 384643

Because all the extra clicking caused several FSs to 'lock' their pit. On our server it was the Knights of Anduin on EN1. Support spent hours helping them and despite my attempts to get folks to appreciate their efforts many staff quit in disillusion.
Also several folks reported health issues due to excessive clicking
What does excessive clicking have to do with more or less Blacksmith Guild Badges needed?
So there are 3 less Quest Givers now, but I doubt it makes a huge difference. FA still require a lot of mouse movement and clicking.

m4rt1n

Adept
I see what everyone means about the blacksmith badges now we have just managed to unlock map 3. How much spare space can everyone have to put up extra workshops. :(

Also the prize Venar's Rocks 1, is about to be nerfed. :(