• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

the hypocrisy of kp exchange threads

DeletedUser4149

In theory this works just fine, in reality to many fellows end up not participating
it worked well in practice too, in both of my fellowships

and yes, i think there are at least a couple of bad side effects of having too many wonders--not enough kp to go around leading to less potent wonders and not enough space for portal stuff. i've seen at least a few players delete wonders that were higher than level 5. i'm not saying that's smart because they would've been better off not building 'em in the 1st place.

CrazyWizard

Shaman
Do you really think that's a problem? We have 6 swap threads and I didn't ever imagine people wouldn't be opening messages just because they have slid to the second page. Maybe it happens though. I do feel like there's quite a few people that don't always open messages. I've actually been mulling over starting a 100KP swap thread... then that would make 7, haha.

What I think would make much more of a difference is if the original message of a thread could be pinned to the top so that people were still reading the useful information when they open it. Sometimes I think that people see the back-end of a conversation going on and don't realise that there's something they should read at the beginning. We've asked Inno, more than once, for this feature to be added, but no joy so far.

Yes for me / usit was an issue, most people do not check the second page, there are parts of the week when we hit 1000 wondermail messages ~ every 2-3 days
It was near impossible to communicate trough mail because very few checked the 2nd page, Me included, sometimes I found out 2 days after someone send a sollicitation that I missed his or her message, especially in the weekend when I did not use mobile. mobile was in most cases te reason I noticed it.

At least now a message sticks untill a wondermail reset is needed (every 150-200 messages and then we reset all 4 at the same time), and when someone responds to it it sticks again untill a reset.
This way almost everyone at least notices it.

Lelanya

Mentor
Yes for me / usit was an issue, most people do not check the second page, there are parts of the week when we hit 1000 wondermail messages ~ every 2-3 days
It was near impossible to communicate trough mail because very few checked the 2nd page, Me included, sometimes I found out 2 days after someone send a sollicitation that I missed his or her message, especially in the weekend when I did not use mobile. mobile was in most cases te reason I noticed it.

At least now a message sticks untill a wondermail reset is needed (every 150-200 messages and then we reset all 4 at the same time), and when someone responds to it it sticks again untill a reset.
This way almost everyone at least notices it.
Lol well I always look at page 2, this goes with leading in my opinion

Gargon667

Mentor
Do you really think that's a problem? We have 6 swap threads and I didn't ever imagine people wouldn't be opening messages just because they have slid to the second page. Maybe it happens though. I do feel like there's quite a few people that don't always open messages. I've actually been mulling over starting a 100KP swap thread... then that would make 7, haha.

What I think would make much more of a difference is if the original message of a thread could be pinned to the top so that people were still reading the useful information when they open it. Sometimes I think that people see the back-end of a conversation going on and don't realise that there's something they should read at the beginning. We've asked Inno, more than once, for this feature to be added, but no joy so far.

Definitely messages on page 2 take far longer to get read (if ever)! We did the same. Went down to 4 threads. We do 10, 20, 30 and 50.

And your second point: Create a "NO REPLY" thread if you want to make an announcement and create a different thread where people can reply. Of course this is a roundabout way and still depends on cooperation of your fellows, but better than nothing for now...

Master Arthur

Alchemist
No system is perfect. We use a simple swap system which around half of our membership use with enthusiasm. We also ask members that if they have spare prize chests on offer to post a message in chat when their AW is down to 100 more needed. Members then have a choice if they want to gamble by putting in some without being sure of getting anything in return. Some members get outbid but mostly our bigger players see who has put in a claim and try as best to let them get their just rewards. As you say no system can always be fair to its smaller members.