• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

The Harvest Festival

LazyTony

Sorcerer
Its been killing me, but I finished the sequential quests after 3 or 4 days, and have been sitting on my splinters ever since. 4225 splinters to spend tonight on the field of gold, and I will get double flares for the first 2 hours because of the overlap on double flares from the first day to the next. This means I will most likely get all the grand prizes too :)

m4rt1n

Adept
I'm sat on 700/800 sun flares for GP3, but with only about 200 moon splinters left, so should get GP3 before the end. I've been collecting set one though and need to be able to spin for the final set 1 building on day 24. I'm going to use 140 splinters tonight in the last 2 hours of double day and see how it goes. :)

DeletedUser5976

Only buildings I placed in my city during this event are temporary ones, like Trading Outpost, Monument of Ancient Knowledge and Wishing Well. So nothing specific to this event (I'm guessing those two will be coming back in future events).

DeletedUser5976

Unfortunately the first try made me go through my remaining splinters without the cart. Anything I have left now I will use for more Trading Outposts.

DeletedUser5976

I still keep hoping for buildings like Eldrasil's Holy Halls, or Village or the Winter event stuff like Frozen Shipwreck.

DeletedUser

I'd love to replace my Grounds of the Orc Strategists as they're seriously out of date but we haven't had any of them for a long time.

I remember back in the old days when we used to be able to amass a lot of relics as event prizes but we've moved away from them as well.

It does seem that as soon as we're able to get multiples of something useful its taken off the prize list.

Lelanya

Mentor
I'd love to replace my Grounds of the Orc Strategists as they're seriously out of date but we haven't had any of them for a long time.

I remember back in the old days when we used to be able to amass a lot of relics as event prizes but we've moved away from them as well.

It does seem that as soon as we're able to get multiples of something useful its taken off the prize list.
Or, the Royal Restoration spell we've been told about, right? Cause my 4 in A realm are keeping up, but I actually have to build Strats in W realm where there are only 3, and at least two a chapter behind the other..
I suppose they COULD surprise us with one in the last day of the event

m4rt1n

Adept
I'm sat on 700/800 sun flares for GP3, but with only about 200 moon splinters left, so should get GP3 before the end. I've been collecting set one though and need to be able to spin for the final set 1 building on day 24. I'm going to use 140 splinters tonight in the last 2 hours of double day and see how it goes. :)

Some success I got a free spin and won the building so now am sat on 780/800 sunflares for GP3. Now it's a certainty for the GP3 health and internet willing so I'm tempted to see if I can spin for set 2 also, the problem being that will we a risk of not finishing set 1 as the last set one is 2 days after the set 2.
I would say I spent no money, but I did at the beginning, spending £4.99 on the moon mirror which in my opinion has the graphics reversed and the stars pass as the circle of the moon making a little odd.

Last edited:

DeletedUser4695

How come you are not offering the Moon Mirror for the daily prize on live worlds?

DeletedUser5976

How come you are not offering the Moon Mirror for the daily prize on live worlds?
That was not a daily prize, but something you could purchase with real money on day 2. It was also offered on the live worlds.

Susie49

Soothsayer
We had practically the same conversation today in our FS, where one of our fellows also completed the sequential quests & amassed some 1400 or so splinters and then spent all of them getting one set 1 building. Rotten luck but unfortunately there is no guarantee that you will get your desired prize - each try is independent of the others and carries the same probability of success, he did say he had a winning streak of "gain 140 splinters", 8 in a row, not too bad !

You could also try purchasing a quest package of splinters as one of our other members did. She had no problems getting the desired prizes on first or second try & often multiple times as well.

We also recommend what Killiak has suggested to choose your "target prize" in advance and to stick to that to have a "better" chance of success.

Happy gaming.

I agree that saving your moon splinters for the prizes you want is a good idea. Sadly even though I saved mine for the Shrine of Kirit I did not get it despite opening 8 large chests :mad:

It’s a pity there is no second chance to get the daily prize set buildings.

I had the opposite extreme when I got a spare wishing will with my first large chest, but then back to loads of goes today to get the second shrine. Hey-ho go with the flow :)

Geminatrix

Soothsayer
Last time I looked the Trader post was there for 100 days and now i see its 50 days ?

Whats going on ? was it a bit too popular or was i just dreaming that elvenar gave us a decent building in an event. Have to say .. if this building has changed from 100 to 50 days then something should have been said.

cwgiii

Shaman
Last time I looked the Trader post was there for 100 days and now i see its 50 days

I have in my notes that this building expires after 50 days (notes from the GGOK website). The Monument of Ancient Knowledge and Carting Library both expire after 100 days. Might you have confused these? Just wondering.

DeletedUser5976

The Trading Post didn't change. I placed them the first time around and they were for 50 days then and are still the same now.

Geminatrix

Soothsayer
I think i looked at the other temp buildings like wishing well, library and monument (all 100) and just dreamed the trader was 100 also o_O