• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

The Harvest Festival

m4rt1n

Adept
Hi @Oscar Kitty I remember this discussion that has a lot of references to the advantages and disadvantages of the optional squad size upgrades.

https://en.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/imbalance-in-tournaments.7167/

Now to get back on the topic of the event, so far I'm still steadily progressing through the sequential quests, having virtually no space to do things quickly and will be finished with a few days to spare.
Also only spinning the 140 cornucopia, I'm finding myself well on track to get GP3, having now got 380/800 sunflares and plenty of quests left to do.

Last edited:

malph

Spellcaster
completed all quests just daily ones left ....I must admit I got most of the prizes I wanted
don't think I will get the 3rd main prize but am not complaining as the 3 outposts are a massive help

and I might get lucky and win a few more prize's before it ends :):):):)

FieryArien

Necromancer
This event I was very lucky with Wishing Wells. I went for them in my baby city (just in the 1st chapter at the beginning of the event). With around 1700 splinters I went first for the small chest, but after 25 tries I still had no Well and still had around 1600 splinters (many free rerolls). That would take too long. The remaining splinters were used on the large chest and I got 7 Wells (with quite a few “free rerolls”). Currently 270/400 to the second price. Pretty lucky, I’d say.

In my main city I’m sitting on 3,5k splinters (all sequential quests done) and I’m waiting for the Carting Library.

Oh and to put my luck into proper perspective: during the previous big event my luck was pretty bad.

For anyone who was interested in the squad size upgrades discussion, it was moved to separate thread to avoid being very off topic here.
(...) But what’s the deal with optional squad size upgrades?Can you explain the trade off in more detail and explain the best strategy for these upgrades.I would be interested to know before l get too far into the game.
Link to the thread: https://en.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/optional-squad-size-upgrades.8580/

Sir Derf

Adept
Inno, you are a sneaky bunch.

1) To get the Grand Prize buildings requires getting Sun Flares
2) Getting Sun Flares requires opening cornucopias.
3) Sun Flares are efficiently gotten by opening cornucopias on Double Flare days.

but

4) Grand Prize buildings are set buildings
5) Set buildings get the most benefit from combining with the other buildings in the set.
6) The other set buildings are Daily Prizes, which require you to open multiple cornucopias on the days they are offered.
7) So far, the three set buildings have been offered as daily prizes each on the day before a Double Flare day.

So, in trying for the boosting accompanying set buildings you are decreasing your Moon Shards right before Double Flare days, decreasing the best chances of getting the primary Grand Prize set buildings.

Is this new, or have I not noticed this in previous Events?

DeletedUser6819

I may be being a total muppet here, but I have the cornucopia, and the north and South thingies. I have them built next to each other but only gaining the one upgrade instead of two. How should I be laying out the building set?

Sir Derf

Adept
I may be being a total muppet here, but I have the cornucopia, and the north and South thingies. I have them built next to each other but only gaining the one upgrade instead of two. How should I be laying out the building set?

It's not how many are in a chain, it's how many touch each one individually.

a-b-c-d-e gives one bonus to a and e, and two bonus to b, c and d.

a
|
b-c-d gives one bonus to a, b, d and e, and four bonus to c.
|
e

You can't get maximal bonus on all pieces of the set. The question is, which pieces give what you value most.

(Edit - In the editor, whitespaces move a & e in second example to the middle to line up with c, in display, whitespace removed and they line up with b.)

Last edited:

DeletedUser7275

Looks like the reward information shown on EG of K for today's daily prize (Carting Library) is wrong. Shame, I was looking forward to that.

m4rt1n

Adept
Looks like the reward information shown on EG of K for today's daily prize (Carting Library) is wrong. Shame, I was looking forward to that.

Yes, the culture is half the amount shown on GGOK, and no mention of the 100 day expiry, however it was not on my target list.
Remember also that the site uses info from the beta version and often things can change before it comes to the live servers. GGOK are good though at correcting from beta the changes, and I'm sure the live server info will be correct within a few hours.
I'm now within reach of GP3 if I'm careful and stick 90% to double days, but will spin for the set1 building as then I will have the full set and can replace my previous full set and continue to get my daily broken rune. :)

SummerJoya

Alchemist
Im wondering how many Moons Splinters drop down per day. I have calculate how many of them needed to get all three main reward, cause guests not give enough.

Sir Derf

Adept
Im wondering how many Moons Splinters drop down per day. I have calculate how many of them needed to get all three main reward, cause guests not give enough.

They say about 1/hour. so let's go with that. We've got about 10 d, 10 h left, which approximates to 250 Moon Splinters. This is probably an underestimate, but better than no number.

DeletedUser2838

The Moon splinters drop down at the rate of approximately 1 per hour until 6 are down, then they stop until you start collecting them. To ensure a continuous supply of them you need to sweep your city a few times a day.

m4rt1n

Adept
I seem to get more by switching play between the app and PC, and also if playing app all day, reload fully each time and I seem to get 2 or 3 dropped.

DeletedUser4947

Way too much "get X amount of relics" :(
I'm completely stuck on "Research Technology" because I can't fight encounters and win, so I have to negotiate, and I can't produce goods fast enough for that, either.
So... I do like events, but this whole "Get relics" is way too much to bother.

m4rt1n

Adept
Way too much "get X amount of relics" :(
I'm completely stuck on "Research Technology" because I can't fight encounters and win, so I have to negotiate, and I can't produce goods fast enough for that, either.
So... I do like events, but this whole "Get relics" is way too much to bother.

Use the tournament, and it's a few quick autofights on round 1, very easy to do if you use the many guides around, or even cater.

DeletedUser7707

i just finished all the quest today and only left with the daily quest. so far i have about 1k+ moon splint which i end up spending all of it just now just to get today's set building...all on 140 with the 25%rate really awful luck here.
so my problem starts now with not enough moon splint to earn for getting any of the rewards in the days to come.
especially tomorrow is double flare day the best time to fill up for the main prize build which i guess now i cant get it done even with the remaining days left of this event.since im out of quest.

i wish they make the rolls with a sure chance of giving you the daily' items(set buildings etc) after you spend like a certain amount of moon splint rolls like example after 4tries of 140 with 25% rate if you still dont get the featured daily. the game should give it to you on the 4th try or so.
kinda like going to the arcade with the claw catching machine game. where some shop owners give you the prize after spending certain amount trying to catch the prize yet failed to do. since you already invest more than what is needed.

Killiak

Artisan
especially tomorrow is double flare day the best time to fill up for the main prize build which i guess now i cant get it done even with the remaining days left of this event.since im out of quest.

The thing with this event is, and it has been a trend really, is that you have to choose. Do you want the the grand prizes (set 2), then best spend everything on the double sun days. Do you want set 1, then best spend on those days and on nothing else. Otherwise you wind up like you did, without moon splinters and without the full set of rewards.

Of course, this is never communicated and you are left to consider it all on your own. Which is why a site like Elvengems.com is fantastic in providing a lot of info before an event begins.

I hope this helps for the next event.

DeletedUser7275

i just finished all the quest today and only left with the daily quest. so far i have about 1k+ moon splint which i end up spending all of it just now just to get today's set building...all on 140 with the 25%rate really awful luck here.
so my problem starts now with not enough moon splint to earn for getting any of the rewards in the days to come.

i wish they make the rolls with a sure chance of giving you the daily' items(set buildings etc) after you spend like a certain amount of moon splint rolls like example after 4tries of 140 with 25% rate if you still dont get the featured daily. the game should give it to you on the 4th try or so.
kinda like going to the arcade with the claw catching machine game. where some shop owners give you the prize after spending certain amount trying to catch the prize yet failed to do. since you already invest more than what is needed.

We had practically the same conversation today in our FS, where one of our fellows also completed the sequential quests & amassed some 1400 or so splinters and then spent all of them getting one set 1 building. Rotten luck but unfortunately there is no guarantee that you will get your desired prize - each try is independent of the others and carries the same probability of success, he did say he had a winning streak of "gain 140 splinters", 8 in a row, not too bad !

You could also try purchasing a quest package of splinters as one of our other members did. She had no problems getting the desired prizes on first or second try & often multiple times as well.

We also recommend what Killiak has suggested to choose your "target prize" in advance and to stick to that to have a "better" chance of success.

Happy gaming.