• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

The Harvest Festival

m4rt1n

Adept
Yes, it expires after 50 days. Afterwards it stops giving you the portal refil instants. The building stays in your city, but it only gives you the (small) culture bonus.

Yes, but the instants (25) that you can collect will stay in your inventory I believe.

Sir Derf

Adept
It might have been different in earlier events, but for this event

-Small Cornucopia gives best returns on Daily Prizes and SunFlares (and thus Grand Prizes) (and if better of the three on non-double, of course still better of the three on double days)
-Large Cornucopia gives best returns on Knowledge Points
-Medium Cornucopia gives best returns for most of the other stuff

It's deceptive, in that you need to figure in the odds of getting additional Moon Shards, and thus being able to open more Cornucopias. Think of it as the Fantasy World version of the sci-fi "deposit a dollar in a savings account and time travel into the future" compound interest scenario. Or "And for my third wish, I would like three more wishes."

And yes, it really helps/is necessary to save up Moon Shards for Double Days.

A goal of 490 Moon Shards, huh?

Lets say 1 Moon Shard/hour over 19 days remaining = 456 MS, 918 with the Moon Mirror, 19 days of 35-MS quests = 665 MS, for a total of 1,583 MS. That would be 11 more LCs, giving 220 SFs direct, or 31 more SCs, giving 155 SFs direct. Do all of that on double days, and you're at 440 or 310 SF. Factor in some compound interest from getting MSs back, and it's not impossible to get 490 SFs by the end.

Factor in to that, though, that the Grand Prizes are set pieces, and the other set pieces might not be offered on double days, so you might not get the complete set(s).

Good Luck.

DeletedUser7650

A big thankyou to Shadowblack,Lelanya and Sir Derf for your replies.I will start putting my MS into the small cornucopia from here on and see what happens.It’s gonna be close!Haven’t given up just yet though.

m4rt1n

Adept
I've only been using the large cornucopia and so far have done well in winning the 200 and 140 moon splinters.
Current position and about to use the 2 extra double hours on the trading post (Halflings are Quarterlings currently for farm production activity) is 220/400 towards GP2 and currently waiting on Quest 43 to complete in about an hour, with 366 moonspinters in the bag.
I did buy the initial building on day 2 so don't know if that has any "secret" luck added by inno, but expect not. :)

EDIT: 66 moonbeams left, but 340:400 now for GP2 and +1 Trader Post.

Last edited:

DeletedUser4878

Ridiculous. I save all my moon splinters to gain the trading post, but more than 1265 splinters couldn't get any:(. Just, lots of KP which I don't need them now because I am stuck till upgrading the campus and its faculties.
There are lots of beautiful prizes, but I have no space for anyone of them now. And, I think I have to wait untill spring event because I don't like any winter buildings in my green city.

m4rt1n

Adept
Ridiculous. I save all my moon splinters to gain the trading post, but more than 1265 splinters couldn't get any:(. Just, lots of KP which I don't need them now because I am stuck till upgrading the campus and its faculties.
There are lots of beautiful prizes, but I have no space for anyone of them now. And, I think I have to wait untill spring event because I don't like any winter buildings in my green city.
From lots of experience I never spin all in one go, and break the spin as the game has a habit of giving the same. The only time I break my own rule is when a building is the one I want and I get it first time. I ended up with 3 shipwreck's from the winter event but now have none in my world as they at the time were great but now were worse for space than the culture and house upgrades available.
Long story short, progression in the game will make 90% of any buildings won obsolete to your city within 3 to 6 months.

DeletedUser2717

1400 use for trading outpost, that is 10 times with 25% chances. i got 0 . that is wayyy wrong.
If they put 10 % will make more sens. i like the prices i got but is not fare

DeletedUser5976

Long story short, progression in the game will make 90% of any buildings won obsolete to your city within 3 to 6 months.
That wouldn't be the case, if they finally released the Royal Restoration spell. It's ridiculous how long it's been since we heard something about it.

DeletedUser4878

I design my city to include all _ _ _ elemental buildings where I have to build another boosting manufactories plus what I already have. At that time, I have to build all the manufactories, I think, because no one to trade with - my fellows and neighbours are moving slowly -. That means I have to build lots of residences and culture - NO SPACE FOR PRIZES even though I do love some of them. The only thing that I thought would help me to pass that chapter was the trading post - I was looking forward building my ancient city in a new style -.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser6404

etgswehdtr.jpg

DeletedUser6404

I got lucky. First go got one. I was told that it helps to log out and back in after a win. I tried that. 3 tries after and I got a second one. Not sure if it worked or just luck.

DeletedUser5306

It might have been different in earlier events, but for this event

-Small Cornucopia gives best returns on Daily Prizes and SunFlares (and thus Grand Prizes) (and if better of the three on non-double, of course still better of the three on double days)

Good Luck.

Well after around 30 attempts with the Small Cornucopia for the Trading Outpost today, I only got 2 in the end... with a lot of 50/90 MS and coin, supply and booster instants... A few in my FS were even more unlucky than me...
So either the 7% evaluated by inno is legit or those statistics are isolated and the chances are really random to each player...and that's about it.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser4947

8 Solve 12 Encounters OR buy 12 Knowledge Points -- nope.
First of all, can't afford it.
Second of all, can't afford the goods to negotiate 12 Encounters. And THEN 16 Relics. And whatnot. Nope, just...nope.

malph

Spellcaster
I just wanted to say The Harvest Festival has some great prize's and a joy to play ..If I was to moan about anything it has to be buying Knowledge Points ..I play all of these and the price of them go up all the time and it will get to a stage where its to expensive ...If you stopped doing buy KP then a lot more players would get to the end ....

Lelanya

Mentor
I just wanted to say The Harvest Festival has some great prize's and a joy to play ..If I was to moan about anything it has to be buying Knowledge Points ..I play all of these and the price of them go up all the time and it will get to a stage where its to expensive ...If you stopped doing buy KP then a lot more players would get to the end ....
Ah but it is your choice to buy them at any time. Savvy players have advised all to save them for events. If you do not I guess you have chosen short term gain over cool event buildings. When I need more KPs I just tourney more provinces :)

malph

Spellcaster
I agree with you Lelanya like most players when starting the game they buy KPs without thinking and I did that
Just now i can afford them but it will get expensive very soon ....and i have learnt the hard way ...

FieryArien

Necromancer
Ah but it is your choice to buy them at any time. Savvy players have advised all to save them for events. If you do not I guess you have chosen short term gain over cool event buildings. When I need more KPs I just tourney more provinces :)

I’d like to emphasize the tourney keyword (also bold in the quote above is done by me). If some new-ish player misreads it and goes wild in clearing regular world provinces, it will have basically as bad consequences as buying KPs outside of events.

On the other hand, since we are talking about new-ish players and we are telling them they shouldn’t widely buy those cheap KPs, it doesn’t make much sense to offer them KPs from tournaments. They just don’t have that many provinces available.

In my opinion one just has to accept that there are many aspects in the game to slow you down (for example accruing of those KPs) and that trying to hasten the progress might have consequences much later. Or in other words, use shortcuts and optimization only when you already know what you are doing and are willing to accept the consequences.

PS: Buying KPs isn’t offen the choice you talk about above. Newbies see the option to buy KPs (isn’t there even a quest teaching you just that?) and they don’t know about these big (quarterly?) event that ask for loads of bought KPs. It’s not conscious choice when you don’t know the consequences! The same can be said about researching optional squad size upgrades - newbies have no idea about the trade off between easier tournaments and easier world provinces. Neither already bought KPs nor already researched squad size upgrades can be taken back.

DeletedUser7650

I’d like to emphasize the tourney keyword (also bold in the quote above is done by me). If some new-ish player misreads it and goes wild in clearing regular world provinces, it will have basically as bad consequences as buying KPs outside of events.

On the other hand, since we are talking about new-ish players and we are telling them they shouldn’t widely buy those cheap KPs, it doesn’t make much sense to offer them KPs from tournaments. They just don’t have that many provinces available.

In my opinion one just has to accept that there are many aspects in the game to slow you down (for example accruing of those KPs) and that trying to hasten the progress might have consequences much later. Or in other words, use shortcuts and optimization only when you already know what you are doing and are willing to accept the consequences.

PS: Buying KPs isn’t offen the choice you talk about above. Newbies see the option to buy KPs (isn’t there even a quest teaching you just that?) and they don’t know about these big (quarterly?) event that ask for loads of bought KPs. It’s not conscious choice when you don’t know the consequences! The same can be said about researching optional squad size upgrades - newbies have no idea about the trade off between easier tournaments and easier world provinces. Neither already bought KPs nor already researched squad size upgrades can be taken back.
So l am a newish player,just about to finish chapter 2.I understand the whole not buying KPs until seasonal events come up strategy.But what’s the deal with optional squad size upgrades?Can you explain the trade off in more detail and explain the best strategy for these upgrades.I would be interested to know before l get too far into the game.