• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

The Great Excavation

Kimelve

Spellcaster
This event is rubbish. Hardly any prizes on the event map, and the ones that do show up are nothing we want. The golden eye feature is utterly pointless as you have to have cleared one tile from every row in order to get a full map up to use it on. And there is zero chance of anyone getting the whole set building (which is a poor one anyway) without spending cash. This event is boring and unrewarding.

Jake65

Sage
And there is zero chance of anyone getting the whole set building (which is a poor one anyway) without spending cash
or diamonds.
It looks like, with only 3 and a bit days left to go, I won't get the 260 points needed to complete the set.
I've played this event the same way as I've done previously but I haven't come up this short before that I can remember.
On the upside, the first 4 buildings can be placed to get their max set boost.

Edit, 2 days and 20 hours left. I'm definitely not getting the 260 points :(

Last edited:

SkyRider99

Mentor
This event is rubbish. Hardly any prizes on the event map, and the ones that do show up are nothing we want. The golden eye feature is utterly pointless as you have to have cleared one tile from every row in order to get a full map up to use it on. And there is zero chance of anyone getting the whole set building (which is a poor one anyway) without spending cash. This event is boring and unrewarding.
Cheers @Kimelve. I was trying to think of a nice way to take a dump on this latest event, but you have summed it up for me! :)

m4rt1n

Adept
I'm close, 14 short of set building 5, luck could give it me or not, we will see.

I really used to enjoy events where just completing them gave you the prize, all this RNG that I see increased in the game sadly leaves me a little dismayed at what Inno are doing. :(

Silly Bubbles

Necromancer
I took this event easy as none of the prizes are fitting my playing style as I prefer good population buildings and don't need much else at this moment but that could be just me being at the end of Ch20. So that was good to take a bit of a break.

Considering that I took it easy I still hit the daily quests on day 15 to my surprise. So far I managed to get 13 daily prizes for disenchanting and 157 Amuni Knowledge even though I didn't dig for all of them as I was mainly going for daily prizes.

I do like the new twists in digging, both new packages and Golden Eye. :)

m4rt1n

Adept
Following my completion of task 72 I now need just 1 stone for set building 5, not obvious to get as I used the oddments left on shovels. sat on 259/260 required. I expect now to get it over the remaining 30 hours or so. I used throughout the packages in pairs, 80 and 140 until the latter part when I just used the 80 package then a few individual shovels.

Jake65

Sage
I'm on 242 having completed #72. I might get one or two more points using the droppings.
Interestingly, the gold level requirement is currently 251 which is quite low for the second last day, it's usually way past 260.
Overall a low scoring event for everyone it seems.
FA here we come for the last building :)

OldHag

Necromancer
I finished on 238 and the silver league. Very poor result overall, as I'm guessing that the vast majority of players wouldn't have come close to getting the full set, I believe the gold league finished at 265.

Jake65

Sage
I finished on 238 and the silver league. Very poor result overall, as I'm guessing that the vast majority of players wouldn't have come close to getting the full set, I believe the gold league finished at 265.
I also came in silver which is normal for me but I usually get the 260 with a few spares.
I now have the Asim twins in my city, Ashni is MIA :)