• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

The Great Excavation

anonglitch

Co-Community Manager
Elvenar Team
Dear Humans and Elves,

Please use this thread to discuss the new Event, The Great Excavation.

We're looking forward to your feedback!

Kind regards,
Your Elvenar Team

Jake65

Sage
Same mechanics as the Misty Forest by the looks of things, so many events though, so will just play this one as normal gameplay allows.
This one has the Godfather inspired donkey heads :D

C-Nymph

Necromancer
The funniest thing just happened... I just got the newsletter for this event!
So much for it being a 'fault' on our end for not having received one for the last event, or so they wanted us to think ;) Since this one reached me just fine! But that's all I'll say about it because I don't want to upset the mods for speaking up about that again... :eek: I'm just happy that the error where lots of people missed out didn't turn out to be a regular thing and that everything appears to be back to normal with this event.

Last edited:

Sir Derf

Adept
1) I had been e-mail-less last event for the first time, got the e-mail for this one
2) Either those are teeny, tiny donkeys wandering around outside of my city, or people have been accidentally dropping some really large keys, tickets and feathers over the years...

Sir Derf

Adept
I thought I was being flippantly humorous....

...and then I saw the event-themed splash screen.

donkey.jpg

Well played, INNO, well played...

m4rt1n

Adept
I noticed we have to reach level 260 to gain all 5 set pieces, a tough ask going on experience, especially with the changes to the tool purchases, however time will tell, I expect the average player will have to spend to get the 5th set building as is the case most times without great luck.

Sir Derf

Adept
This might be a slight help, just noticed that the first three of five rewards as you solve quests is Event Currency.

AuroraBolt

Seeker
I don't think the changes made in the 80 pack and the 140 pack reflect any balance or value when compared to previous misty forest style events. The fact that you only get 1 shovel in the 140 pack and that you have to sacrifice the savings you would normally get from paying in bulk is non existent now as you have to get the 80pack to get 5 shovels. It's always been, you'll be rewarded for getting the 140 pack because that was where the biggest savings were and you would get more bang for your buck, or in this case provisions.

SkyRider99

Mentor
It's always been, you'll be rewarded for getting the 140 pack because that was where the biggest savings were and you would get more bang for your buck, or in this case provisions.
Yeah, I'm missing that aspect in this event. It would have been offset to some extent if the chances of getting a particular daily prize were increased. But if anything it seems to be the opposite. A lose-lose situation for me. :(

Jake65

Sage
The fact that you only get 1 shovel in the 140 pack
I also looked at this and thought "huh?".
Put them together as a 220 pack and there's a bit more balance but as individual packs they don't help much.

nmgara

Novice
Am I the only one who dislikes this excavation style of quest? I don't mean just the current one. I mean all these "dig around in the dark to find something". I didn't like it when these games started appearing, not fond of doing it every few months for Elvenar. It seems overly time consuming and tedious.

m4rt1n

Adept
I also looked at this and thought "huh?".
Put them together as a 220 pack and there's a bit more balance but as individual packs they don't help much.

That has been my thinking for the most part, however as needed I have added the odd extra 80 pack, still a way off the final set building though, and noticed only gold get an extra Ashni + Asim, silver just the Asim which I have, could have been the other way round as then I would possibly get the full set as with 8 days left and from experience, having used everything so far I will drop from the gold league to the silver league.

SkyRider99

Mentor
Am I the only one who dislikes this excavation style of quest?
No, you are not alone with that @nmgara. ;)

I am also irked when the quests lock me down to one-per-day towards the end.

1678063122333.png

I am sometimes unable to play every day at the end of the event, and subsequently I can miss out on completing all the quests/prizes. :(