• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

'The Forbidden Ruins' questline event - started in Beta Jan 2022

Sir Derf

Adept
Sigh... Semi-Pointless Math (tm) has been summoned.

The Event runs January 6 to January 27, about 21 days, therefor about 21 Daily Quests.
The Event has 78 Quests.
78-21=57, therefor about 57 regular Quests and 21 Daily Quests.

2 Suggestions:

INNO, now that you have a standard questline progress bar, could you do something that calls out where the change from regular to Daily Quests take place? Maybe change the color of the progress bar at the transition point? Maybe grey vs. black for undone and green vs. blue for done?

@Jackluyt could you add to your document template some notes that address this? In the Quests section, the first bullet point describes regular vs. Daily Quests and the second bullet point describes the duration and when the last Daily Quest is added. Maybe add a third bullet that reproduces my computation, with conditional wording? Also, in the quest lists, you could add a statement to both the possible last regular Quest and possible first Daily Quest.

Sir Derf

Adept
YouTube video dropped describing the event, but unless I missed it, it does not mention the official start date on live servers.

1) Just realized that all my Semi-Pointless Math on this event is wrong, as this is not a random 3-out-of-9 random chest event, but a random 1, 2 and 3 chest event. This changes the details, but not the broad strokes, namely that a true mathematical approach needs deeper computations than currently being done, in that there is mathematical justification for taking cheaper 'worse' choices in anticipation of better future offers.
2) Leagues are back, and 5% league prize includes a Tome allowing you to pick one building from last year's Pilgrim's Manor set. Interesting use of Tome.

SpaceCowboy

Soothsayer
Which is precisely why one needs to know when the 'dailies' start!
I've always assumed the dailies start at the point when the number of remaining quests is equal to the number of remaining days in the event. So it depends on how fast you go at the start. In theory, you can hit the dailies on day 1.

AsterObelix

Alchemist
I've always assumed the dailies start at the point when the number of remaining quests is equal to the number of remaining days in the event. So it depends on how fast you go at the start. In theory, you can hit the dailies on day 1.

+1
Your next quest will be locked when the remaining quests are equal to the remaining days in the event.
So if you finish quest 57 on day 1, your next quest will be locked till the next day starts.
If you finish quest 58 on day 2, your next quest will be locked. Etcetera.

If you don't do quests for several days after being locked then you can do several quests in one day again, till you hit the day limit again.

Elwenn

Seeker
Sorry, new to the game - I saw the video announcement but the quest hasn't started for me. Do I understand from your comments that the quest starts at different times for different players? I finished to the point I got to in Winter Magic on the last day of the event. So not sure when the new event would start for me. Thanks for your reply

Jackluyt

Shaman
The new 'Forbidden Ruins' questline event runs in the Live Worlds from January 18th to February 9th.
Read all about the version we are currently playing in this Google Doc, which has screenshots, strategy, quests, daily exclusives and prizes: https://tinyurl.com/3j877v5s
The Beta version is usually very similar or identical to the one that goes Live.

271713247_10220371798985698_6362918665372382147_n.jpg

I think the only thing that truly annoys me about the FA business is the lack of choice and how hard it is to ignore the fact that your game screen and your own game is superceded by a game you might not be equipped (yet) to play.

Silly Bubbles

Necromancer
I think the only thing that truly annoys me about the FA business is the lack of choice and how hard it is to ignore the fact that your game screen and your own game is superceded by a game you might not be equipped (yet) to play.

I agree that doing the FAs and events in early chapters is a bit of waste of time. It's mainly because players progress that fast that the event buildings need upgrading a lot. The efficiency of those building last longer in later chapters and become more important too.

Sigyn

Spellcaster
Actually, I was looking forward to a New Year FA. I feel greatly disappointed that there won't be one.

If there are those that don't like to play it, then no one is twisting your arm. Maybe, have them less frequent (like every 3 months), but please don't take them off us. I feel greatly disappointed that there won't be a New Year FA!!
I agree, I know that not everybody likes them and there were rather a lot last year, it also felt like they were compulsory if you wanted to completely upgrade the event building (as already mentioned) - HOWEVER they are really good fun in smaller doses and they did bring the whole fellowship together - we set ourselves a goal and we came 10th in the last FA; it felt really good and the whole fellowship joined in to achieve it which was exactly the point; so I hope that they don't disappear altogether - It would be a real shame.

Jackluyt

Shaman
I agree, I know that not everybody likes them and there were rather a lot last year, it also felt like they were compulsory if you wanted to completely upgrade the event building (as already mentioned) - HOWEVER they are really good fun in smaller doses and they did bring the whole fellowship together - we set ourselves a goal and we came 10th in the last FA; it felt really good and the whole fellowship joined in to achieve it which was exactly the point; so I hope that they don't disappear altogether - It would be a real shame.

They are not going to disappear - not soon anyway; the recent announcement outlines three major changes to FA which they would not have bothered with if there was any suggestion of discontinuing them.
:)

rock stream

Scholar
I think I'll only get 7 artifacts, again. From BETA:

Hazel Caballus Well-Known Member
Friday at 09:47
  • Bor de Wolf 1965 said:
    Now we are on the last day of this event I would like to talk about the League prizes, for I think they are just stupid.
    "I also complained about this when they started the league system. It seems to me that the people who need them the least get additional artifacts, while players who need them don’t get them. As I’ve been following along the discussions I realized that the league system prizes, especially gold league, are targeted at players who want to have a second evo building. By giving them 2 artifacts as a start, they should be motivated to spend more diamonds/money in order to get more artifacts, so that they will eventually get a second fully (or at least reasonably) evolved building. As Inno continued with the strategy to give 2 artifacts in gold league, I guess they’re satisfied with the results. Imagining that a certain group of players is highly motivated to get a second evo building, it does make sense to me now.
    What I still don’t like is that only a small number of active event players (around 5%, as we can see from the end results of the leagues) were able to get 9 artifacts. I believe that everyone who finished the quest line and made reasonable choices of using their event currency should have a good chance to get the complete building. Adding one artifact as a prize to Bronze league would be a good idea, even adding one to Iron league, but it’s very unlikely that this would happen."