• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

'The Forbidden Ruins' questline event - started in Beta Jan 2022

Sir Derf

Artisan
Sigh... Semi-Pointless Math (tm) has been summoned.

The Event runs January 6 to January 27, about 21 days, therefor about 21 Daily Quests.
The Event has 78 Quests.
78-21=57, therefor about 57 regular Quests and 21 Daily Quests.

2 Suggestions:

INNO, now that you have a standard questline progress bar, could you do something that calls out where the change from regular to Daily Quests take place? Maybe change the color of the progress bar at the transition point? Maybe grey vs. black for undone and green vs. blue for done?

@Jackluyt could you add to your document template some notes that address this? In the Quests section, the first bullet point describes regular vs. Daily Quests and the second bullet point describes the duration and when the last Daily Quest is added. Maybe add a third bullet that reproduces my computation, with conditional wording? Also, in the quest lists, you could add a statement to both the possible last regular Quest and possible first Daily Quest.

Sir Derf

Artisan
YouTube video dropped describing the event, but unless I missed it, it does not mention the official start date on live servers.

1) Just realized that all my Semi-Pointless Math on this event is wrong, as this is not a random 3-out-of-9 random chest event, but a random 1, 2 and 3 chest event. This changes the details, but not the broad strokes, namely that a true mathematical approach needs deeper computations than currently being done, in that there is mathematical justification for taking cheaper 'worse' choices in anticipation of better future offers.
2) Leagues are back, and 5% league prize includes a Tome allowing you to pick one building from last year's Pilgrim's Manor set. Interesting use of Tome.

SpaceCowboy

Seeker
Which is precisely why one needs to know when the 'dailies' start!
I've always assumed the dailies start at the point when the number of remaining quests is equal to the number of remaining days in the event. So it depends on how fast you go at the start. In theory, you can hit the dailies on day 1.

AsterObelix

Seeker
I've always assumed the dailies start at the point when the number of remaining quests is equal to the number of remaining days in the event. So it depends on how fast you go at the start. In theory, you can hit the dailies on day 1.
+1
Your next quest will be locked when the remaining quests are equal to the remaining days in the event.
So if you finish quest 57 on day 1, your next quest will be locked till the next day starts.
If you finish quest 58 on day 2, your next quest will be locked. Etcetera.

If you don't do quests for several days after being locked then you can do several quests in one day again, till you hit the day limit again.

Elwenn

Dreamer
Sorry, new to the game - I saw the video announcement but the quest hasn't started for me. Do I understand from your comments that the quest starts at different times for different players? I finished to the point I got to in Winter Magic on the last day of the event. So not sure when the new event would start for me. Thanks for your reply

Silly Bubbles

Conjurer
I think the only thing that truly annoys me about the FA business is the lack of choice and how hard it is to ignore the fact that your game screen and your own game is superceded by a game you might not be equipped (yet) to play.
I agree that doing the FAs and events in early chapters is a bit of waste of time. It's mainly because players progress that fast that the event buildings need upgrading a lot. The efficiency of those building last longer in later chapters and become more important too.