• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

'The Forbidden Ruins' questline event - started in Beta Jan 2022

Jackluyt

Shaman
A new questline event starts in Beta on Thursday - so it looks like we are not getting a Fellowship Adventures.
I will post full details in a Google Doc just as soon as I have more information, probably on the day it starts.
Happy New Year!!
:)
Almost certainly we will get those multi-purpose artifacts in Tomes in the next event to give us the choice to finish our evolving building - and I suspect that may be why they invented them, so we could have fewer 'compulsory' FA's.
If that is the case, many of us will heave a sigh of relief...

271192045_10220341910118495_2836717115376682268_n.jpg

Last edited:

Silly Bubbles

Necromancer
Great! I still wouldn't fully give up on the FA though. They like to keep a good gap between Beta and live so there's still a slight possibility that the FA will happen. Also, the event was quite hard to get all 9 artifacts so they better do the FA or else! :D
Of course, I could be completely wrong.

Jackluyt

Shaman
Great! I still wouldn't fully give up on the FA though. They like to keep a good gap between Beta and live so there's still a slight possibility that the FA will happen. Also, the event was quite hard to get all 9 artifacts so they better do the FA or else! :D
Of course, I could be completely wrong.
Almost certainly we will get those multi-purpose artifacts in Tomes in the next event to give us the choice to finish our evolving building - and I suspect that may be why they invented them, so we could have fewer 'compulsory' FA's.

Denerleigh

Adventurer
A new questline event starts in Beta on Thursday - so it looks like we are not getting a Fellowship Adventures.
I will post full details in a Google Doc just as soon as I have more information, probably on the day it starts.
Happy New Year!!

271192045_10220341910118495_2836717115376682268_n.jpg
Actually, I was looking forward to a New Year FA. I feel greatly disappointed that there won't be one.

If there are those that don't like to play it, then no one is twisting your arm. Maybe, have them less frequent (like every 3 months), but please don't take them off us. I feel greatly disappointed that there won't be a New Year FA!!

DeletedUser6472

Actually, I was looking forward to a New Year FA. I feel greatly disappointed that there won't be one.

If there are those that don't like to play it, then no one is twisting your arm. Maybe, have them less frequent (like every 3 months), but please don't take them off us. I feel greatly disappointed that there won't be a New Year FA!!
Well, giving us an opportunity to get missing artifacts only during the FA, is essentially "twisting our arm". I, for one, absolutely hate, hate, hate FAs and I know of 48 other people that feel about them exactly the same way. I would be thrilled if we never got them ever again.

Piglets For All

Soothsayer
Well, giving us an opportunity to get missing artifacts only during the FA, is essentially "twisting our arm". I, for one, absolutely hate, hate, hate FAs and I know of 48 other people that feel about them exactly the same way. I would be thrilled if we never got them ever again.
Totally agree with you on this one, as an FA hater the thought of no more endless clicking fills my heart with joy!

Silly Bubbles

Necromancer
I used to hate the old FAs as it was just mindless clicking and needed us to destroy too much of our cities. I think that this new style is ok. Any half active FS can get all the prizes and it doesn't need as many additional buildings or going too much out of the norm of playing. They surely improved it a lot :)

Denerleigh

Adventurer
So sorry that 48 of you feel like that. But there are those fellowships that really really like them. Ours is not the only one. It brings our fellowship closer together. It really is a team effort to get through the whole thing. Plus, we have a healthy competition with a number of other fellowship as well. I would hate to lose the FAs.

Jackluyt

Shaman
So sorry that 48 of you feel like that. But there are those fellowships that really really like them. Ours is not the only one. It brings our fellowship closer together. It really is a team effort to get through the whole thing. Plus, we have a healthy competition with a number of other fellowship as well. I would hate to lose the FAs.
I don't think that many people are talking about losing FA's Denerleigh. It is just that many players feel that having one every six weeks is overkill - four a year would be quite enough, and would give those players who don't particularly like the FA a chance to recover. I personally don't particularly like the FA or the silly prizes - but being a conscientious ArchMage, I put aside a whole week to shepherd my group through the event. With eight FA's a year, and another eight in Beta where I am also a conscientious and diligent A/M - that means I am losing sixteen out of every fifty-two weeks from my life - and that is really a bit too much.
I like an FA every now and then - they are fun and good for team building. But like Black Forest Cherry cake, a healthy slice every now and then is a great treat. But eating it every day may make you bilious and bloated...

Silly Bubbles

Necromancer

I love that it can be done on a completely voluntary bases. Fellows that love it are usually happy to do more and others can contribute as much or as little as they want. Getting two artifacts for contributing two badges is a very easy way of getting them. Of course, it's not ultimate from the team work point of view but when someone feels like a break and then contributes more in the next FA, it's fine by me. I suppose it depends on what kind of fellowship you're in. We're doing it very relaxed, not organised way and still finished 12th.

Welfish

Seeker
I don't think that many people are talking about losing FA's Denerleigh. It is just that many players feel that having one every six weeks is overkill - four a year would be quite enough, and would give those players who don't particularly like the FA a chance to recover. I personally don't particularly like the FA or the silly prizes - but being a conscientious ArchMage, I put aside a whole week to shepherd my group through the event. With eight FA's a year, and another eight in Beta where I am also a conscientious and diligent A/M - that means I am losing sixteen out of every fifty-two weeks from my life - and that is really a bit too much.
I like an FA every now and then - they are fun and good for team building. But like Black Forest Cherry cake, a healthy slice every now and then is a great treat. But eating it every day may make you bilious and bloated...
Denerleigh was responding to regina8 saying they did wasn’t to lose the FA and if you read Denerleighs original post you will see that she suggested the FAs are 3 monthly.

Jackluyt

Shaman
I'm just wondering how do you know that?
I post and follow the replies regularly in the official Elvenar site as well as my own site with 7.6K members, and any post that mentions a new FA gets a lot of very negative remarks, and not a lot of positive ones. I also discuss this with players in my various fellowships.
Note that I deliberately said 'many players' not 'most players' - but there are definitely a significant number of people who feel that the flood of FA's are overkill. Why don't you start a poll to see how many feel one way or other, if you want to quantify this? Though such a poll would probably get very different answers if you posted it on the Forum or on the official FB page, because I believe that the two sites have very different types of members.

Check out this post if you want to see a sample of the kind of comments I am referring to:
and this one:
People have commented in the Forums that they believe Facebook attracts mostly negative comments. Perhaps, and perhaps not. But you cannot deny that there is a significant sub-segment of the total Elvenar players who use FB - and quite a few of them would prefer a few fewer FA's that we have been getting.

Last edited:

Silly Bubbles

Necromancer
I post and follow the replies regularly in the official Elvenar site as well as my own site with 7.6K members, and any post that mentions a new FA gets a lot of very negative remarks, and not a lot of positive ones. I also discuss this with players in my various fellowships.
Note that I deliberately said 'many players' not 'most players' - but there are definitely a significant number of people who feel that the flood of FA's are overkill. Why don't you start a poll to see how many feel one way or other, if you want to quantify this? Though such a poll would probably get very different answers if you posted it on the Forum or on the official FB page, because I believe that the two sites have very different types of members.

Check out this post if you want to see a sample of the kind of comments I am referring to:
and this one:
People have commented in the Forums that they believe Facebook attracts mostly negative comments. Perhaps, and perhaps not. But you cannot deny that there is a significant sub-segment of the total Elvenar players who use FB - and quite a few of them would prefer a few fewer FA's that we have been getting.

Sorry, the only numbers that I would take seriously are actual stats from Inno on how many people play and spend diamonds on FA, anything else are just assumptions. And yes, it's usually the unhappy ones that are the loudest ones and the ones that are happy just keep playing their game and they have no need to say anything. When they do, they're usually shut down by the unhappy ones. And yes I agree, it's hard to word things right. I was just curious how do you come up with your numbers.

Alcaro

Necromancer
I hoped to see something about the new event, instead I just see divagations about FA.
It's so hard to stay on topic? It's so hard to start a new topic about FA only?

Silly Bubbles

Necromancer
I hoped to see something about the new event, instead I just see divagations about FA.

Yes and yes :D

PS: This forum used to be very strict on staying on topic years back and it caused a lot of broken conversations and arguments. It would be great if the whole "stay on topic" worked in practice.

Denerleigh

Adventurer
Ahh, but it is connected. The new event 'Forbidden Ruins' seems to have taken the place of the January, 2022 FA.