• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

The Elvenar are arriving!

m4rt1n

Adept
At what point can I use RR spells, I have unlocked Advanced Scouts and the new portraits, yet when trying to use RR spells it says Research.

DeletedUser6357

Well those Frogs have made the tournament harder
Probably because as soon as the new chapter was entered, the difficulty of the unconquered provinces diminished - my autumn-yellow provinces turned spring-green.

Seed problems can be experienced by players who do not plan ahead - I have 1 festival merchant and Stonehenge in town, and I have five more seed production buildings in the warehouse waiting for their time.
The black lotuses I sold them - I have too many buildings 2x2 and 2x2 from events and it is more difficult to find a place for them.

DeletedUser8632

Probably because as soon as the new chapter was entered, the difficulty of the unconquered provinces diminished - my autumn-yellow provinces turned spring-green.

Seed problems can be experienced by players who do not plan ahead - I have 1 festival merchant and Stonehenge in town, and I have five more seed production buildings in the warehouse waiting for their time.
The black lotuses I sold them - I have too many buildings 2x2 and 2x2 from events and it is more difficult to find a place for them.

Well, you may be right but then explain how this new "Balance" /s massively affects players that are nowhere near Chapter 15?

DeletedUser3571

i don't think its re-balancing, its just now we have to face the 3 star frog which can do a lot more damage than 2 star (especially the 30% defence loss, which is worse when there are more than 1 of them as they all target the same one)

DeletedUser

Well, you may be right but then explain how this new "Balance" /s massively affects players that are nowhere near Chapter 15?
Because nothing 'just happens' in Elvenar and this probably is one reason why all the feedback is ignored. Main prizes in events with Phoenix, massive amounts of goods and now troops with the brown bear giving heavy units. And Presto! here we are now, all back to normal, all advantages wiped away with one shot. Fun game eh :D

DeletedUser6357

I have no idea.
It may be some bug, and I wouldn't be surprised if the tournament was made difficult by some odds - visually, things are similar to learning a new SS in the tech tree: the provinces change color and the battles in the tournament become more difficult.

The frog is not so scary. It even looks pretty harmless. :cool:

DeletedUser8632

I have done a couple of actual combats now (on Auto-combat) and simulated a lot more on elven architect. The Frog Prince may look harmless but it costs me on average 2 stacks of heavy melee per combat more than the same fight with Fainted Frogs II instead. What's worse is that that using magic units (Priest II) leads now to a 100% loss rate.

This is for Humans. Elves do much, much worse. Compared to the same tournament 9 weeks ago, the loss rate is now almost +3.5 stacks heavy melee (Treants III) units.

hawk the slayer

Spellcaster
I'm not too sure if I'm right here as I've not encountered these "terror toads" before but I have noticed since they arrived that my troops are often trapped behind long obstacles and narrow exists. The end result is they are hit at least once ( sometimes twice ) before they even get in range. Thats not so bad if there's only 1 or 2 but sometimes there a 5 or 6.

Heymrdiedier

Enchanter
if you have issues with seed production or think you cant make enough sentient goods for the chapter. I would suggest levelling up the pyramid. you need a lot of orcs in this chapter aswell so every time you make orc you would get some sentient goods without having to use seeds.

For those worrying about the 250k-350k of sentient goods. Just make a deal with 10 players in your fellowship. day1 you all give 25k of a good to player 1, day 2 same to player 2, etc till everyone got the goods. That way you can beat the decay.

Lelanya

Mentor
if you have issues with seed production or think you cant make enough sentient goods for the chapter. I would suggest levelling up the pyramid. you need a lot of orcs in this chapter aswell so every time you make orc you would get some sentient goods without having to use seeds.

For those worrying about the 250k-350k of sentient goods. Just make a deal with 10 players in your fellowship. day1 you all give 25k of a good to player 1, day 2 same to player 2, etc till everyone got the goods. That way you can beat the decay.
That's a great idea :)

Tiriake

Soothsayer
I don't think that I'm going to run into trouble with seeds. I guess I have upgraded enough wonders :)

In the past, with every new sentinent good at the beginning people said that you must have 2 manufactorys minimum or you'll stay in that chapter for ages. And yet, I have built only 1 boosted sentinent manufactory per chapter. And I had to wait for months for the new chapter to arrive. So I don't know perhaps this time it is like people are warning. The costs do look high though. But it's not like we have anywhere to rush really.

I did have harder time getting the needed sentinent goods for advanced scouts, but it may be because a lot of people were trying to buy the same thing.

alsael

Enchanter
Seems this will be last chapter in the game. We will meet our ancestors, the name of the race is the same like the game.
Your assumption seems logical,but if this is the last chapter then what?just doing endless events?elvenar 2.0?game over?

DeletedUser8409

Unlikely to be last chapter considering the AW improves Portal bonus.

Maybe the Elvenar will spin out the story to introduce a whole new world of opportunities?

DeletedUser1874

Unlikely to be last chapter considering the AW improves Portal bonus.

Maybe the Elvenar will spin out the story to introduce a whole new world of opportunities?
This. It'd also feel weird if we were left with uneven manufactories, so I expect at the very least two more guest races, but probably more (because if they run out of guest races, they'll either have to find other things to keep us playing the game, and events alone won't suffice, or call it quits which I don't think will happen given how lucrative these games are).