• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

the dumbest rule ever...

• Thread starter DeletedUser4149
  • Start date

DeletedUser4149

is that we can't trade during trader upgrades.:mad: i know that we can use instants. but those have become a lot more valuable now w/ crafting and trader upgrades can take 40 hours. our wonders still work while they're being upgraded. our homes still hold people while they're being upgraded. we can leave trades on the trading block, we can harness the magic of powerful wizards, dragons, woodelves, and elemenntals but we can't have traders from other cities come to our city because 1 building is under construction? i think that someone didn't think this through very well when they thought of it.o_O

this rule is a major inconvenience for team players and punishes younger cities that depend on larger fellows more than the city that actually does the upgrade. now this dumb rule is starting to reoccur every single chapter. just think of the new players that are just starting the game, need trades, and were left all alone in timbuktu because someone only moves cities once per year.:( do we want to find more ways to frustrate new players?:eek:

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser7733

Yep, I used instants on mine. And what about the small players that leave the game while their Main Hall is being upgraded and other players miss out on coins from visits. I understand that a building that is being upgraded can't be used but things shouldn't be taken to the extreme either.

DeletedUser4149

yes, moving them or bypassing the whole closing down the buildings entirely idea would help.
they are pretty quick to delete players that are inactive but slow as heck to help active players stuck in the middle of nowhere.
i'm actually in good locations, considering where some of my teammates are. but i feel bad for other players that weren't so lucky.

DeletedUser5976

Every month cities in large numbers keep disappearing around me. One active neighbour around me that I can have any meaningful trades with (a second one is an FS mate). Without my FS I would be nowhere and had quit the game a long time ago. I pick up the trades of small neighbours to encourage them, but after a while they stop playing anyway.