• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

The Double Spiral Design

Tonton-des-bois

Illusionist
Thx for the rating and thx for the tips. I am currenty building a city planner in a spreadsheet if u wanna see ;)
I had the same idea... then I learned that you could import your city in elvenarchitect.com from your stats page in elvenstats.com... only by a few clicks... so I gave it up ;)

DeletedUser9340

NIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICE.I used a google docs spreadsheet before but now I use elvenarchitect.com :D

Tonton-des-bois

Illusionist
I now use all the pages :D :D :D P :p :p
but if you like to "play" Excel... you can download openoffice for free, copy the building tables from my site and make your own simulator to balance your productions or anticipate the good balanced guest race settlements... among other suggestions ;) have fun
Tip : the game tables are huge and contain a lot of useless columns, so, once you imported the tables you need, make doubles where you only copy the columns you need or simply remove the junk from your copy... then, after adding a "level" column in front of each table, by using "vlookup" you can create interactive formulae that will give you the results if you change the level or the amount of a type of building... (the times are in seconds in the tables)

Last edited:

DeletedUser9340

but if you like to "play" Excel... you can download openoffice for free, copy the building tables from my site and make your own simulator to balance your productions or anticipate the good balanced guest race settlements... among other suggestions ;) have fun
Tip : the game tables are huge and contain a lot of useless columns, so, once you imported the tables you need, make doubles where you only copy the columns you need or simply remove the junk from your copy... then, after adding a "level" column in front of each table, by using "vlookup" you can create interactive formulae that will give you the results if you change the level or the amount of a type of building... (the times are in seconds in the tables)
Damn it!I don't get you.Plz expalin it in short *_*

ANIKHTOS

Soothsayer
es.png

My go for a truly symmetrical and spiral road city o minimize roads. Note you can move city o edges so you have 3 or 2 hands. The green roads will split city into 2/3/4 depending where you place he main hall. The great is you can devote a part of city for buildings of a particular orientation. Which will keep he road layout easier to maintain and upgrade as you go Downside you need to decide where to put main hall, before you go this way

Apart this easy city to build, you can always let he buildings you have do dictate a more chaotic road system, where you pack he most building is he less space possible

I would love to have he super symmetric city but i am sack with he chaotic approach ,since building change size and is impossible to maintenance symmetry with he few space i have to go around

some times i spent a few hours to re arrange buildings just to save 2-3 spaces of road

DeletedUser9340

I take it you know about elvenarchitect and the quick link to get your city via elvenstats.
Yes,I use elvenstats to get to elvenarchitect and I use elvengems once in a week and Elvenar Forum almost everyday ;)

DeletedUser9340

1.PNG

As you can see,my city(a little different only with Woodelves Habitat) is similar to Wheat Ear which was recommended by Tonton-des-bois which is adaptable to building's coordination change which helped me a lot(no I didn't take recommendation from him)because it organizes buildings and helps saving space but I also like your recommendation.Really makes the city look stylish :cool: and beautiful @ANIKHTOS

Attachments

• 1.PNG
    1.PNG
    1.6 KB · Views: 153

ANIKHTOS

Soothsayer
View attachment 4182

As you can see,my city(a little different only with Woodelves Habitat) is similar to Wheat Ear which was recommended by Tonton-des-bois which is adaptable to building's coordination change which helped me a lot(nouo I didn't take recommendation from him)because it organizes buildings and helps saving space but I also like your recommendation.Really makes the city look stylish :cool: and beautiful @ANIKHTOS
well i can improve your nice city
just move all culture and no need road building on top

which will save you some vertical road no much but still a few of them

also i see some empty dead space in your city so while it looks nice there is space not used

DeletedUser9340

well i can improve your nice city
just move all culture and no need road building on top

which will save you some vertical road no much but still a few of them

also i see some empty dead space in your city so while it looks nice there is space not used
Woodelves Habitat and Weeping Willow need a road and it gives more than culture,mana.You need mana to pass Woodelves and Sorcerers & Dragons(Ch-9 and 10) and to build the roads researched there and after(except Ch-15/Elvenar)

Tonton-des-bois

Illusionist
Damn it!I don't get you.Plz expalin it in short *_*
sorry, I'm only passing here before to open a ticket, to check if it's a general issue...
I gave you a link to all the building tables... up to last current chapter
if you copy, by example, the woodelves portal and factories, you can then put bellow a line for each with a variable value for their number of items and one for their level... then, for each, you can search the tables with vlookup(level;table;column;false) to get their production regarding the value of the level, multiplied by the amount of building and you get your production for 3h, 9h or whatever cycles they have... with that value, you can calculate your production by day, with the sum of the products needed in the researches divided by your production by day, you get an amount of days... and then buy changing the amount of buildings and their levels, you get directly the the resulting amount of days so you can balance precisely the amount of buildings and their levels to have balanced production... if you still don't follow me, I post you a picture next time

AstralSoul

Illusionist
Mine works well, is very productive. Some roads next to the guest races will help

(Note: I am in woodelves now, and I have all FS Adventures stuff in the guest race corner)

city.JPG

DeletedUser9340

Mine works well, is very productive. Some roads next to the guest races will help

(Note: I am in woodelves now, and I have all FS Adventures stuff in the guest race corner)

View attachment 4220
The road which is situated up(excuse me lol) looks like a staircase. You really have to improve your city or else the Weeping Willows(5x5;needed at least 9) won't fit in ur city

AstralSoul

Illusionist
The road which is situated up(excuse me lol) looks like a staircase. You really have to improve your city or else the Weeping Willows(5x5;needed at least 9) won't fit in ur city

If you check it right now, you will see I need no whipping willows... I don't want one of those ugly things in my city. Before portal research, I will stall for ancient wonders level up. Right now, I am researching elvenwood main hall, which I will research before taking the stall.

You can work your way without them, proof below:
growning-plank.JPG

You can see three planks growing to level 20, hence its researched.

And:
mana.JPG

As you can see, mana is not an issue for now, and I had 150K this morning but completed several researches now the tournament is over. I built one weeping willows, and sold it as soon as I cashed the quest.

I produce about 40-60K mana a day, no willows. (I could produce more, but I prefer the gems since it's not my boosted.)

Even though that "staircase" type of road is gone, I fixed all of that today, to fit the three new planks:

city.JPG

Still fixes, but for now, it goes, and all that empty space (it grew a bit, almost another four rows for bigger upcoming for guest races.) And room for main hall growth. (ignore that thing on that area, in 5 hours it will be gone, its a carting library that expires in seven.

Last edited:

AstralSoul

Illusionist
With Spire sets and event buildings, those whipping willows are junk (nice culture, but too big)... those poor treants... that's treant cruelty!!