• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

The Cauldron

Sir Derf

Adept
There is a plethora of "If Necessity is the Mother of Invention, then _____ is the Father." responses. Your counterexamples suggest "Dumb Luck".

JollyElf

Soothsayer
Okay. Now I’m interested to visit the forums more often… at least until the forum community fall into silence eventually, after the initial blowout looking at the inevitability…
Probably the company banks on it…

SpaceCowboy

Soothsayer
It's finally here :) I like it as a challenge - it's going to be very interesting to figure out how to best leverage this.

One thing I'm wondering about right now - the wiki mentions that the order of ingredients matters:
Your Potion will have different effects depending on what Ingredients you choose and in which order!
However, as far as I can tell, this wasn't the case for any of the recipes I've tried this on. Can someone provide an example where the order changes the result?

Also, some UI feedback: The preview window for the effects is too small. It's very inconvenient having to scroll to see all the effects. There is so much screen space available, I feel like it should be possible to show all effects at the same time.

Heymrdiedier

Enchanter
It's finally here :) I like it as a challenge - it's going to be very interesting to figure out how to best leverage this.

One thing I'm wondering about right now - the wiki mentions that the order of ingredients matters:

However, as far as I can tell, this wasn't the case for any of the recipes I've tried this on. Can someone provide an example where the order changes the result?

Also, some UI feedback: The preview window for the effects is too small. It's very inconvenient having to scroll to see all the effects. There is so much screen space available, I feel like it should be possible to show all effects at the same time.
Im past the brewing phase so can't really check anymore for you.
but i think its like this: if you add ingredient 1 with give you 5% chance hp boost, and then you add an ingredient B that doesnt even have that boost, then your 5% chance gets divided by 2: to 2,5%
However if you add ingredient B first, and then you add A, i think then your chance on hp boost will be higher then the 2,5%.

But maybe im wrong and its lower :D

Seems very complicated... will give it a try. No real idea what I'm doing with it. It says the order of ingredients affects the results, but that you only get to brew one potion a week. The tiny preview window is a pain to scroll through and it isn't clear whether the ingredient effects are cumulative or go into that window in order of ingredients?

Just had a go in my other world - still no clue re: the potions. Very short-lived effects. It makes you drink the potion for all goblets - I think it would be better if you could just do one at a time. Tho the effects would probably be even less. I did not try adding spell fragments as I do not have that many, and no way I'm spending diamonds.

It all seems a wee bit too random for my liking.

Also...not best pleased that the task cycle has vanished though and been replaced by Cauldron tasks. Wonder if the other tasks come back or if we are stuck with the Cauldron tasks now? ANSWER: Yes, the other tasks come back, I seem to now be able to decline Cauldron tasks - however there's a very handy one that gives 80 diamonds for hitting a certain number of tournament points so I will do that one!

Last edited:

Herodite

Forum mod extraordinaire
Elvenar Team
@kimkimkim I will try :D

I imagine it would get some heavy usage!!

Jake65

Sage
For those who are interested, here you have the potions and duration (at lvl.100), but I suggest you to read the whole thread in Beta forum before taking any final decision (like unlocking the technology for the Cauldron).
I'm confused. According to the chart I should have 3 hours and 2 hours duration (I'm sure the cauldron showed 5) but what I got is much less. Screenshot from a minute or so after glugging the potions....
Screenshot_20230110-082453~2.png

SpaceCowboy

Soothsayer
@Jake65 The durations in the chart (and what the preview window in the Cauldron shows you) are the maximum values you can get. When you brew the potion, the actual effect strength and duration are determined randomly. You can increase them by spending spell fragments when brewing, even beyond the maximum for your effect level.

magrat101

Seeker
I actually think its gross inno allows us to put orcs in a kettle.... feels like a genocide.
I'm glad you brought this up Heymrdiedier. For a long time I have been concerned about the way orcs are treated in Elvenar. They are a guest race, sentient, and they are also a commodity. This feels WRONG to me and one day I will leave Elvenar because of it. Or Inno could just sort it out - why not change the "commodity" orcs into something that is clearly not sentient? Bubbles? Tokens? Icicles?

magrat101

Seeker
I've been hearing rumours that we will "need" the cauldron for the FA that starts on Tuesday? Is this true? And if so, what will the cauldron do in the FA?

Heymrdiedier

Enchanter
I've been hearing rumours that we will "need" the cauldron for the FA that starts on Tuesday? Is this true? And if so, what will the cauldron do in the FA?
no we won't, people just think it will be easier to get the coin badges if you have the buff up, but honestly, the cauldron coin effect is ignorable small. You are much better off by just putting some spells on your buffed culture buildings to get a higher culture boost.

Jake65

Sage
@Jake65 The durations in the chart (and what the preview window in the Cauldron shows you) are the maximum values you can get. When you brew the potion, the actual effect strength and duration are determined randomly. You can increase them by spending spell fragments when brewing, even beyond the maximum for your effect level.
Thank you. I didn't realise the duration was also at the mercy of RNG.

Argos74

Novice
I have read the forum threads. I have pored over the wiki page. I made notes. I read them again, and it's makes less sense than my late grandfather's version of Mornington Crescent. He used the Greenwich Switchback Variation, with an anticlockwise Pimlico crossover if you roll a double, which I'm sure you'll all agree just adds unneccesary confusion. Especially with the addition of the Elizabeth Line, which just breaks both clockwise and anticlockwise crossovers in all the Hanover locations anyway. Thank goodness, my grandfather never lived to see that, it would have sent him completely doolally.

Anyway: Ealing Broadway.

Morning Town

Alchemist
I have read the forum threads. I have pored over the wiki page. I made notes. I read them again, and it's makes less sense than my late grandfather's version of Mornington Crescent. He used the Greenwich Switchback Variation, with an anticlockwise Pimlico crossover if you roll a double, which I'm sure you'll all agree just adds unneccesary confusion. Especially with the addition of the Elizabeth Line, which just breaks both clockwise and anticlockwise crossovers in all the Hanover locations anyway. Thank goodness, my grandfather never lived to see that, it would have sent him completely doolally.

Anyway: Ealing Broadway.
Oh dear this was bound to happen at some point o_O
At the risk of incurring a large dose of Mods wrath while "slightly" meandering off track...
Ahhh but that would incur a royal refusal based on Konev's inspiration at the 1976 Barking & Dagenham Open. As I am sure you all know, no moves with regal connotations can be played for 72hrs. Moorgate.

Last edited: