• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

The Cauldron

Silmaril

Community Manager
Elvenar Team
Dear Humans and Elves,

Please use this thread to discuss the update the latest addition to Elvenar - the Cauldron!

We're looking forward to your feedback!

Kind regards,
Your Elvenar Team

Sir Derf

Adept
Question - I assume people already into Chapter 5 when this feature is added will not have a new Chapter 5 Research added to the tree that we will have to go back and research?

SpaceCowboy

Soothsayer
Question - I assume people already into Chapter 5 when this feature is added will not have a new Chapter 5 Research added to the tree that we will have to go back and research?
I believe I read on the Beta forum that this is in fact the case.

m4rt1n

Adept
I actually think its gross inno allows us to put orcs in a kettle.... feels like a genocide.
Orcs are a commodity, just like coins, supplies, seeds, mana and unurium , strong words there, Elvenar is a different world, a magical fictional world where anything can happen.

Looking forward to discovering the Cauldron.

Laurelin

Sorcerer
I'm not going to comment here in any detail. If anyone cares to know what I personally think of The Cauldron in more depth, I'm doing that sort of thing mostly on the Beta Forum now (yay for New Year's Resolutions!), and I've posted my views on this subject over there - as have plenty of others, too. In fact, if anyone wishes to know how the Cauldron works, inasmuch as this can be derived by players (it's very complex), rather than experimenting with it 'blind' and/or for fun, it's well worth reading all of the Beta Forum Cauldron thread; there is a great deal of very useful commentary there, as well as much helpful analysis of the Cauldron's mechanics. Many players have been looking forward to The Cauldron's introduction.

That said, the Cauldron's UI is pretty enough, and it has evidently been developed and implemented at a considerable cost and with significant levels of expertise and dedication in terms of both programming and artistic design. This alone I find very interesting, but I'm not going to waffle any further here. However, @Silmaril @Herodite : IF our opinions here will be collated and sent to anyone at Inno in a position of influence with respect to altering the Cauldron's functionality, I am actually rather disappointed by this new feature, and sufficiently so to provide the following feedback, for what it's worth (specifically the following bold statements, to save you time assessing the rest of this comment):

I was much looking forward to the Cauldron in principle BUT I am not impressed with its implementation and will not use it as it stands.

Furthermore, I do not intend to experiment with The Cauldron, nor to spend City Resources or Diamonds on it as it stands, because it is too complex and expensive, its mechanics are not sufficiently transparent/accurately explained, and its limited and randomly activated functionality does not IMO justify the required expense in my own case - until/unless its strong RNG-dependence is considerably reduced (to allow potion effects to be more reliably activated each week) and the potion effects are significantly improved particularly in terms of their duration. I will not complete any Optional Chapter Research solely in order to achieve the largest number of possible Cauldron effects (for known mathematical reasons relevant to my own choice of playstyle and City functionality).

Wow, I never knew I could do feedback in less than 10,000 words...! [insert quote here about necessity being the Mother of Invention]... heh ;)

Alcaro

Necromancer
I will not complete the new tech for Cauldron and hopefully it will not appear in my MA.
I had high expectation from this new feature (in Beta) but after trying it for a while and almost depleting my stocks of goods (that might mean something considering that I had over 10M of T1 and a bit less of T2 and T3) I decided that I have better use for my goods. Once the RNG factor is involved, my appetite for such features drops to zero. I really do not like to play like "fingers crossed", "let's hope for the best" in a strategy game (or at least this was supposed to be).
Beside that RNG factor are also other minuses from my point of view like the constant increasing of the cost of Witch Points to a point where 1 point cost will be equal with your MH capacity. Then I ask, what's next after that? The same goes for goods when, at some point, 1 WP will cost millions of a single type of goods.
I liked the visualization of a player in Beta, regarding the Cauldron and another soon to come feature. It summarize my feelings about this new feature. Throwing a match and walk away.
throw the match.jpg

Last edited:

Jake65

Sage
For those who are interested, here you have the potions and duration (at lvl.100), but I suggest you to read the whole thread in Beta forum before taking any final decision (like unlocking the technology for the Cauldron).
It certainly seems most players are unhappy with it. Which is a pity.
I'll try it out anyway, give it a fair chance and hopefully not blow too many resources in the process.
I did enjoy this comment :)
Screenshot_20230107-113221~2.png

Monohr

Spellcaster
The cauldron is not ideal, yes. But in beta, in my chapter 5 city I still got 12h of 40% T1 bonus (level 21 or 31, can't remember) which is 60% less than the max. This after not really giving any thought about leveling and such.
What you have to remember is that this is an investment. You level them up and they stay like that forever.
I'm looking forward to it going live.

Alcaro

Necromancer
It certainly seems most players are unhappy with it. Which is a pity.
I'll try it out anyway, give it a fair chance and hopefully not blow too many resources in the process.
I did enjoy this comment :)
View attachment 6910
I enjoyed it too :D :D. It will be even funnier when you will start testing the Cauldron. It will make more sense.
About resources - you don't have many choices. If you don't raise the level of some potion (meaning spending unbelievable amounts of goods) the outcome is insignificant and then, why wasting resources anyway? If you decide to level up only 2-3 potions, will cost you an arm and a leg and eventually you will be blocked by the costs of WP, which you have to buy them weekly if you want to brew something. No matter how I looked at this feature, I see only loss-loss situation.

The cauldron is not ideal, yes. But in beta, in my chapter 5 city I still got 12h of 40% T1 bonus (level 21 or 31, can't remember) which is 60% less than the max. This after not really giving any thought about leveling and such.
What you have to remember is that this is an investment. You level them up and they stay like that forever.
I'm looking forward to it going live.
Most probably was lvl.31 but do not forget, the bonus is applied to the basic production not the boosted one, just like Mountain Halls does.

Last edited:

Herodite

Forum mod extraordinaire
Elvenar Team
@Silmaril @Herodite : IF our opinions here will be collated and sent to anyone at Inno in a position of influence with respect to altering the Cauldron's functionality, I am actually rather disappointed by this new feature, and sufficiently so to provide the following feedback, for what it's worth (specifically the following bold statements, to save you time assessing the rest of this comment):

Feedback will be sent across as always! :D

To be honest im quite looking forward to the feedback on this! It's a very different feature!

Jake65

Sage
Once the RNG factor is involved, my appetite for such features drops to zero.
This is currently the aspect that does make me a bit sceptical.
I feel anything that "costs" should have a fairly predictable outcome or high value rewards that make the gamble worthwhile.

I'm still looking forward to it though :)