• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

The Buried City

Herodite

Forum mod extraordinaire
Elvenar Team
@Jake65 @Jackluyt Send a ticket into support and we'll see if this is intentional :)

Kind Regards

Herodite

Jake65

Sage
Is this really true?
Then I have been playing wrong forever!!
Or is it a glitch?
I checked today (had to collect enough donkeys first) with screen recording on and it behaved normally. Visible but still dusty items were not collected.
So, yes, must have been a (lucky) glitch.

Jake65

Sage
With 3 days and 21 hours to go, my Echoes of the Forgotten building is evolved to level 10.
It can be done without diamonds, just need lots of luck and a little bit of strategy :)

Disclaimer: no donkeys were harmed while evolving the building.

Hekata

Artisan
It's interesting that we're on the last day of the event and one can be in the silver league without having collected the 9th artifact. So not even 5% of players managed to get all 9 afrtifacts so far. I think that's the first time this happened.

Jake65

Sage
Good point!!
9th artefact at 260. Didn't even realize the significance until you pointed it out.

rock stream

Scholar
Yes! I got another 8 artifacts for my collection. Two+ pages of purple thingies. Since I'll never ever use a blueprint for an artifact nor do I ever have 10,000 spell fragments laying around it was one more waste of time adventure. Looking forward to the next one :rolleyes:

Egwene al Vere

Adventurer
well you'll get tomes in the FA as prizes for maps 2 and 3. It includes a choice between the artifact for the buried city and the boblin express so if you want the buried city to level 10, take part in the FA :) I'm going for the boblin as I need mana more than orcs currently.

OldHag

Necromancer
I completed all the quests, ticked yes in the survey, but I only ended up with 7 artefacts, which they didn't ask about in the survey. So I'm actually pretty disappointed in the event and the survey for not asking if I managed to get the evolving building to level 10.

Sir Derf

Adept
1) RNG gonna RNG.
2) Strategy gonna Strategy. Just like perpetually picking the worst-odds chest will negatively impact event rewards, there are choices in supply purchase and map exploration that can negatively impact event rewards. I don't know how you played, so if this doesn't seem like it fits you, see #1.

OldHag

Necromancer
I didn't even look at the dailies @Sir Derf I just bought shovels and ploughed my way through, only stopping to pick up those things that went towards collecting artefacts. I really enjoy the style of event, as opposed to just opening chests......yawn.....but would really like to be able to get the 9 needed artefacts during an event and not in an fa further down the road, I think that's a horrid idea.

Sir Derf

Adept
Just bought shovels...

For Prizes, you needed tombstone-thingees. For tombstone thingees, you needed to 1) find them, and 2) uncover them. Ignoring free spaces, a shovel can, under best case, find 3 squares and uncover 1, and you aren't always able to use them under the best case. The other two tools can, under best cases, find 10 squares and uncover 5 more or find 11 squares and uncover 7 more. If you spent your whole time working with shovels only, you were not using your resources optimally. A better strategy would have been trying to move forward in order to open opportunities to use your tools in more efficient places.