• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

The Amuni have found their way back!

Deleted User - 106219

Planned, I assume. Just like Halfling Fields will work when next to a Halfling Farm, even if the Farm itself is disconnected.

Heymrdiedier

Enchanter
So many bad issues leading to degradation of gameplay. Does anyone notice the decrease in production per actual required squares including a space of supporting buildings (mostly residences) for manufactories 27 compared to level 23?

yes ive also wondered about this. And even asked on the us forum if there was someone who ever calculated the most optimal level of a manufactory.
This was the best reply i got:

I played around with a the numbers a bit a few months ago, using Elementals residences, culture and roads, and steel factories, but ignoring supplies to run the factories

I found that level 19 was the most efficient, assuming all population came from standard residences and all culture came from Cafe Masquerade and roads, BUT improvements to culture and/or population density made a difference - so pop/cult and culture event buildings, golden abyss, mountain halls, diamond buildings, etc would all push that level up (it kind of sticks at level 23/24, and then more extreme improvements push that to level 27)

My guesstimate is that for people doing events, upgrading AWs, and/or using diamond buildings, max level is either most efficient, or will become most efficient with next-chapter residences and roads

Killiak

Artisan
Even if it does drop per square, the absolute number still rises. So if you got the space, then max level will simply get you more per production.

Heymrdiedier

Enchanter
The goldsmiths and trap makers can be placed adjacent to disconnected residences and workshops and will work. So this was planned or is it another lack of design?
as others allready said, im pretty sure its designed like this. Its been like that with every guestrace so far? It only needs the connection to the building it states in the tooltip, and it doesnt matter if that buildings is connected or not. For example try moving your portal away from street, all your factories will still work even tho the portal is not connected (in some cases you wont be able to collect production tho, since without connected portal you have 0 storage for that good)

Kimelve

Spellcaster
I've decided not to do the questline for the Amuni. The number of buildings required just takes up too much space. In order to fit them all in, I will have to delete a lot of buildings that I really like and/or find really useful, as well as placing several more expansions including premium ones. I'm not inclined to do all of that, and as I understand it, provided I work to the end of the tech tree, the quests will then become declinable (please tell me if I'm wrong about that). I find it a shame that this guest race is so geared up to get people to pay money to make it through. I find the enjoyment goes out the window if you are forced to either skip large sections or pay money to progress. After waiting so long for the last two races to come, they have both been a huge disappointment. I hope they pick things up with the next one. If I didn't enjoy the company of my FS so much, I would probably just quit now.

Thagdal

Sorcerer
Thagdal said:
Do Storyline quests become declinable when you are no longer in the chapter they pertain to?

Dizzie-Lizzie reply
Yes they do- you will not get the rewards but you will be able to decline your way through to your current chapter.

@kimelve
If you are in the last chapter i dont think they will become declinable until the next guest race comes out.:(

Another in my FS has just finished fairies and put kp into the advanced scouts of orcs and goblins but the storyline quests still arent declinable for the fairies.
Maybe/hopefully after advanced scouts is researched...

Thagdal

Sorcerer
@Lelanya
I was talking about the orc advanced scouts.:)

but seeing as there is nowhere else to go after the amuni, the quests wont be declinable until a new guest race comes along. going by Dizzie Lizzie's reply.

Kimelve

Spellcaster
Thagdal said:
Do Storyline quests become declinable when you are no longer in the chapter they pertain to?

Dizzie-Lizzie reply
Yes they do- you will not get the rewards but you will be able to decline your way through to your current chapter.

@kimelve
If you are in the last chapter i dont think they will become declinable until the next guest race comes out.:(

:)

Thanks Thagdal :)

Killiak

Artisan
Here I don't understand what you were trying to say.
The drop in productivity per square means that you need more space to produce the same amount of goods.

My lvl 24 silk factory is 5x4, making 2926 silk / 3 hours. That's 146,3 silk per square / 3 hours
My lvl 25 silk factory is 4x6, making 3767 silk / 3 hours. That's 156,96 silk per square / 3 hours

So the absolute number is going up (2926->3767), as well as the basic production per square. Adding in other building requirements (residences/culture), then I suppose you are losing out on productivity / square.

However and as I said, if you have this space available, the upgrades are helping your production totals -> 2926 versus 3767

Deleted User - 106219

You got the levels wrong. Level 23 Silk (researched in S&D) is 5x4, level 24 (researched in Amuni) is 4x6. However, the upgrade from level 23 to level 24 costs 1984 Population and 625 Culture. That's A LOT of population, considering that upgrading a Residence from level 29 to level 30 gives you just 300 extra population. So yes, you are losing on productivity when you take into account all the extra stuff needed.

LazyTony

Sorcerer
You're missing the point @Killiak

I did the calculations for the t1 upgrade available in elementals. There was a slight increase in productivity per square (this includes the roads, houses and culture needed to build a factory), but all of this small increase was due to higher population per square from the house upgrades. In other words if your goal is maximum goods production and you don't care about ranking points, you would have been better off leaving the t1 at lev 23, and building more of them with the higher level elementals houses. I'm sure its the same for amuni, this is the new normal - Inno are squeezing our goods production while forcing 3 squad upgrades on us.

Killiak

Artisan
You got the levels wrong. Level 23 Silk (researched in S&D) is 5x4, level 24 (researched in Amuni) is 4x6. However, the upgrade from level 23 to level 24 costs 1984 Population and 625 Culture. That's A LOT of population, considering that upgrading a Residence from level 29 to level 30 gives you just 300 extra population. So yes, you are losing on productivity when you take into account all the extra stuff needed.

Yeah, I meant 23 and 24, I'll leave it be, since if I edit now it would look weird.
I will repeat myself again, that I am not looking at productivity per square, but at absolute numbers from just upgrading the manufactories one already has.

You're missing the point @Killiak

No, I am not missing the point. I am fully aware of the costs in terms of population and culture and the relative use of space, as I have mentioned already.
I will repeat myself again, that I am not looking at productivity per square, but at absolute numbers from just upgrading the manufactories one already has.

@Killiak This is too simplistic approach for estimating a real efficiency

And I will repeat myself again, that I am not looking at productivity per square, but at absolute numbers from just upgrading the manufactories one already has.

Because, dear gentlemen, the average player will not look at the macro-economics of Elvenar. So while they may lose out in terms of perfect efficiency, their total goods production will be up to par for whatever Inno decides to throw at them next.

Last edited: