• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

The Amuni have found their way back!

Thagdal

Sorcerer
just been looking at the building sizes on the wiki for the Amuni and they dont really change much, residences stay at 4x4, workshops go from 3x7 to 4x6. and the portal buildings are similar per square, you dont need portal roads anymore so that gets rid of the canals from elementals. seems you might be gaining some space by getting rid of the elemental buildings. (im sure someone will correct me if im wrong about that );)

but if inno are supposed to release 2 guest races a year (i think i read somewhere) surely it would get pretty boring just flipping buildings around on the same size map, they have to increase the map size to make it more interesting so they should be increasing free expansions from scoutable provinces.
not many will fork out hundreds of $ for premium expansions surely.

Deleted User - 106219

just been looking at the building sizes on the wiki for the Amuni and they dont really change much, residences stay at 4x4, workshops go from 3x7 to 4x6. and the portal buildings are similar per square, you dont need portal roads anymore so that gets rid of the canals from elementals. seems you might be gaining some space by getting rid of the elemental buildings. (im sure someone will correct me if im wrong about that );)
Goldsmiths and Trap Makers are 5x5 each, and they need to be connect directly to Residence (Goldsmith) / Workshop (Trap Maker). If you follow the story quests then you will need 8 Goldsmiths and 4 Trap Makers, so that's 12 Expansions right there.

Thagdal

Sorcerer
So i take it youve already deleted the elemental buildings and filled up that space with other buildings before the Amuni arrived?

Deleted User - 106219

So i take it youve already deleted the elemental buildings and filled up that space with other buildings before the Amuni arrived?
No, but I don't see what that has to do with anything?

Thagdal

Sorcerer
Well seeing that the elemental portal takes up 4 expansions alone, theres a 3rd of the expansions you need for Amuni buildings...the rest of the elemental buildings would be a few more expansions, so wouldn't that give you the space needed for the Amuni?

Deleted User - 106219

Not quite. In order:
Temple of the Dunes at level 4 - 9x7, ~4 expansions (according to Elven Architect, as I can't confirm it myself yet)
4 Pillars of the Temple - 4x2 each
3 Palm Gardens - 3x3 each
Temple of Veneration - 5x5
Temple of Sustainability - also 5x5

All of the above need to be directly connected to the Temple of the Dunes.

Then there are 8 Goldsmiths and 4 Trap Makers, 5x5 each, so that's another 12 expansions.

Total expansions needed: ~20, possibly more, just for the settlement stuff. Then there's the need to build a new T2 manufactory and upgrade it all the way to level 24+, in order to produce your boosted T5 good. It's a 6x4 or 4x6 building, depending on which one you need to build.

So you'll need more expansions for the Amuni than for the Elementals. And you'll aso need a lot of reorganization, as Goldsmiths need to be directly connected to Residences, and Trap Makers need to be directly connected to Workshops. So you can't place them just anywhere.

Thagdal

Sorcerer
So you're saying you cant do the Amuni without purchasing premium expansions?
Seems a bit unfair for those that dont buy diamonds.

Deleted User - 106219

Sure you can do it without premium expansions. You'll just need to demolish some of you buildings to free the needed space. But many players don't want to destroy their buildings - whether because of the loss of points and rank, or because of how long it takes to rebuild stuff...

DeletedUser5037

I'm slightly peeved that the number of available PREMIUM EXPANSIONs has increased, but available PROVINCE EXPANSIONs haven't.
I fully understand why... it's just a little annoying! (ie I'm one of the many in the 500+ Province Club ^_^)

indigomage

Adventurer
Ah, just realised that made a mistake above when I said there were three options, I forgot about the fourth option, 'play creatively!' That is to say, create dozens of alternate accounts to pump KP into your space-saving ancient wonders. My sense of ethics and fair-play won't let me do it, but if anyone reading this was sheltered from these pesky concepts in their formative years, knock yourselves out! - I'm told that it is a perfectly fine way to play the game.

but isn't that not so much "playing creatively" as, well..., cheating?

Pauly7

Magus
So I'm not there yet, but a couple of thoughts...

I'm not sure how the timing of release makes any difference. I quite regularly don't start a new chapter if I'm wanting to concentrate on an event, a Fellowship Adventure, a tournament, upgrading Ancient Wonders. The fact that a chapter is there or not doesn't change that.

A lot is being said about paying diamonds for a whole new row of city expansions. Surely this is not the way that the game is designed to be played so the cost is not something to be worked up over. In all other chapters we just hold out for the two or three it gives us when it gives them. If there were massive amounts of space available to do everything your hearts desired then it would get boring quickly and you would complete the tech tree faster and have nothing more to do (which presumably is what will probably happen for those already working on this chapter.)

DeletedUser5037

I've always been the first to ignore the "negative influence" of the long-term players posting here on the forum, as I have learned to adapt to INNOGAME's way and move on, but this new chapter is really beginning to annoy me.
Has INNOGAMES heard of Beta Testing? I know they have as I have seen the "notifications" in-game asking for new beta testers. However, this is too much!

I have checked and there are NO new notifications ANYWHERE... however, if I reset my connection (ie reload my browser)... THIS IS WHAT IS AM FACED WITH! CONSTANTLY!
Yes, I have checked AGAIN and AGAIN!... none of them have any messages at all.

It looks like this CHAPTER was never beta-tested at all! A mean, what's my incentive to buy DIAMONDS?
I realise I am 0.005% of the playing populous, but where's my incentive to EVEN continue playing?

EDIT: Oh great! My screenshot is too big to see the multiple messages via PM or "notifications" that lead nowhere! Great! Nice one INNOGAMES! Make me look like the ****!

EDIT2: 1 CITY UPGRADE in comparison to 4 SQUAD UPGRADES? Yeah! INNOGAMES sure want you to play as you feel you want to feel... as long as it's in a military vein!

Attachments

• WTF.jpg
    WTF.jpg
    357.4 KB · Views: 244
Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser5976

multiple messages via PM or "notifications"
I have posted this in the Bugs section as I am also getting these notifications and am only in Dwarves. So I'm guessing it has nothing to do with the chapter. I've been told to restart and clear my cache. Although the notifications disappear after I log in again, they might just pop up suddenly out of nowhere and I hear others in the FS complaining about the same.

Killiak

Artisan
There is a distinct lack of Arcane Ink in Arendyll. So much so that there are 19 pages worth of demand on the Trader.

Quite a bothersome problem for those trying to get through the Amuni right now

Geminatrix

Soothsayer
I am also in the (you have maxed your province expansions) club and 1 city expansion compared to the whole row of space made available alongside 9k plus diamonds for the 6 it will allow me to purchase of premium expansions has simply stalled me as I'm not willing to pay out that kinda cash on this game anymore

Imo The Grinch has crept into game development in here and my spirit of adventure in Elvenar has faded.

DeletedUser5037

I am also in the (you have maxed your province expansions) club and 1 city expansion compared to the whole row of space made available alongside 9k plus diamonds for the 6 it will allow me to purchase of premium expansions has simply stalled me as I'm not willing to pay out that kinda cash on this game anymore
If you are willing to pay "some monies" to Innogames, then I recommend waiting for a "100% added bonus" incentive to appear in your city. Then buy your DIAMONDs as normal (the 30,000 one is rather expensive but also quite useful for FA and Tournaments, but is essential if you want all that available, but not necessarily needed, space) and use the extra 100% DIAMONDs to pay for half of the expansions (ie 3 at around 10,000 DIAMONDS each... or ~£80 GBP each!) That's what I tend to do! ^_^

Currently, I have 6 premium expansions left (out of a possible 10 available... minus the one "Amuni Chapter Expansion", of course ^_^) so even when buying all of the premium expansions, the AMUNI chapter does not fill all of the available space given to us by Innogames! Why? How? WHAT?

DeletedUser7576

In over 18 months I have only bought diamonds twice (2 lots of 1000 for $4.99 at 1/2 price). Just about to finish elementals and still have over 1700. Only use them rarely to finish off a build so I can start another before going to bed ect. I know its how Inno make their money but figure if you are a hard core coiner then you are not really using skill to play and havent really achieved anything. Gaining a top rank in your fellowship simply by spending masses of money while others work hard at game play is a bit weak. The skill in the game is decision making and geometric planning to maximise the advantage of your assets. Thats why its called a game! In Amuni once you are past the first 2 columns you can burn off a lot of your mana producers to make room for the guest race. Dont sell off Elementals until really needed as I am using them to hide over 50000 mana and ?6000 seeds from the daily 10% tariff.