• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Question That just gave me a real good laugh!

Gargon667

Mentor
I just received the funniest error message in as long as I can remember (which I admittedly forgot how long that actually was):

Forum-error-smilie.jpg

Oh dear...

Anyway the question is, did I do something wrong or is this just a funny way of saying smilies are not allowed in an orcish signature? *cough* speciesists *caugh*
But never fear Gargon will trick the system and insert a heart instead, haha!

Gargon667

Mentor
@Gargon667 I think the problem may be the assumption that an Orc "smiling" could incite Fear, Terror, involuntary Vomiting?

I am not questioning the wisdom in this, I rather am in awe of the programmers that somehow managed to program an Orc filter into this forum that is powered by ethereal energy, as neither my passport information nor my photograph gives me away as an Orc.

Also are other species like say actors/wizards/coffee drinking knights/smurfs etc similarly discriminated against or is it just me?

Pauly7

Magus
The interesting thing is - because it says "0 smilie(s)", that implies there must be another area of the forum where you're allowed to insert only 1 smiley (judging by the use of parentheses).

Giraffi

Enchanter
Also are other species like say actors/wizards/coffee drinking knights/smurfs etc similarly discriminated against or is it just me?
Don’t forget the giraffes, but then, I have been hiding my long neck. Guess a tongue sticking out emoji won’t work either for me.

Herodite

Forum mod extraordinaire
Elvenar Team
I am not questioning the wisdom in this, I rather am in awe of the programmers that somehow managed to program an Orc filter into this forum that is powered by ethereal energy, as neither my passport information nor my photograph gives me away as an Orc.

Just you dearest :)

THAT is how special you are!

Gargon667

Mentor
The interesting thing is - because it says "0 smilie(s)", that implies there must be another area of the forum where you're allowed to insert only 1 smiley (judging by the use of parentheses).

That was kind of my thinking, there must be limits to smilies in various places with various limits... like "Ooops, your post may only contain 10 smilies" "Oops you message may only contain 1 smilie" "..."
Only I have never seen anything like it before. And well the only one that I now encountered is this rather non-sensical version of "may only contain 0 smilies"

Isn´t that odd?