• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

thanking the mods

I was surprised this morning to find that my city had been moved from one place on the map to another--very gently, not a single glass was broken, and for a small while I missed the people there, including the 25 +/- who had moved on and left blank spaces--but soon I realized I was in a much better area, with more active members...so yes, thank you for moving a player so gently it was hardly noticed--and definitely appreciated--

Almondum

Spellcaster
This is so interesting to read! My city was moved a few weeks ago as well and I came here to write about the same, but asking if there was an option to turn it off!
Happy to see that some people appreciate it!

Enjoy your new neighbourhood!

I suggest that if you have an issue with any of that, talk to the mods about it. They are wildly precise about planting us in new areas, but I agree it would be a good idea to ask you first if you even want to BE moved. Honestly I'd have said no, since I was relatively comfortable where I wasd--but having seen the difference in responses, I'd have been foolish to refuse.

Almondum

Spellcaster
Wonderful suggestion, I will certainly try next time. Now I am 2 weeks into the new place and have made new friends!

schadenfreude

Enchanter
First, automated moving happens on Mondays, so congrats! Second, there used to be an option to turn off being moved, but they removed it because it created more problems if you chose to be left behind. They tweaked the automated moving script so more people were getting moved at once (also known as the Great Migration). If you opted to not move, you get left behind in the desert and then will have to whine to support to be moved anyway. So they removed that and just move everyone if your neighborhood is getting swept.

love that image! I have no idea where I was, so I cant go back to see where I came from: now Im thinking, maybe all those disappearing players weren't necessarily leaving or wandering away, they were being transported to a new world. One at a time...o_O

schadenfreude

Enchanter
they were being transported to a new world.
They are being moved closer to the world’s center. People on the outermost fringes get moved first. When I started, I had stretches of nothing in 3 directions. Definitely thankful to be moved!