• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

AstralSoul

Illusionist
Hi,

I am a person of gratitude, and sometimes the small details are meaningful.

But giving away, even if its a "lousy" candy cane unicorn is a very nice gentle touch. It makes little difference, and in my end, the first 2x3 that needs no road will mean the end of the Unicorn, but a present is a present, so thank you for the detail, it is sort of the magic of Christmas (even though it is not a Free Fire phoenix at level 10 already (what all wanted, right?, still is a present, and more than nothing (even more than a Thank you, something hard to find nowadays!)

So, good Christmas Spirit Enno :) I appreciate it (if just the MA dropped some UUU, like today for this week tournament, I would be the happiest haha).

Julian

Sorcerer
Yes, thank you, Inno. We must never look a gift unicorn in the mouth.;)

Pauly7

Magus
Hmm, I would love to share this sense of Christmas spirit. I do... a little bit, in terms of the sentiment, but this Candy Cane Unicorn is just about the worst possible gift. It's particularly ugly and not many people want a small pure culture building.

So whilst giving is nice and we can't complain compared to there being nothing, if the devs really wanted to spread some Christmas cheer they would hand out something that was at least useful to people.... I dunno, a Pet Food, a Royal Restoration spell, a Phoenix Artefact(!!)

kimkimkim

Summoner
Hmm, I would love to share this sense of Christmas spirit. I do... a little bit, in terms of the sentiment, but this Candy Cane Unicorn is just about the worst possible gift. It's particularly ugly and not many people want a small pure culture building.

So whilst giving is nice and we can't complain compared to there being nothing, if the devs really wanted to spread some Christmas cheer they would hand out something that was at least useful to people.... I dunno, a Pet Food, a Royal Restoration spell, a Phoenix Artefact(!!)
Although I do love free stuff, I would have to concur with Pauly......giving a gift that most people will probably sell or change into fragments and even more they can craft in the magic academy themselves has got to be the worst idea ever.....I would loved to have seen maybe a couple free time boosters, some RR spells, artifacts, diamonds, anything other than another freakin' unicorn.....Happy Holidays INNO :rolleyes:

AstralSoul

Illusionist
The "Candy Cane Unicorn" is the perfect gift to be symbolic and grateful for. Inno does not need to gift us all presents, especially since we are not gifting them anything neither.
I know it is junk, and precisely, I am the bigger multi-purpose culture-building type of guy with 170% culture. But it is Christmas, and Candy Canes are a very symbolic Christmas treat. So, it had to be that Unicorn. It is the symbolism behind it and the Christmas spirit. Gifting that unicorn, it means nothing to INNO, neither to us (I make 3000 spell fragments and 3 CC by clicking on Spire buildings a day), but seeing the Unicorn out of the blue at least brought a smile, and it is a small gift from INNO to us.

Of course, I would love to wake up tomorrow and find a Fire Phoenix Level 10, waiting in my book. And of course, many shall expect a premium spot for free. Otherwise, they will claim INNO is trying to make dirty dollars out of forcing you to buy a premium spot place, so it has to be for free too to fit the free Fire Phoenix Lv10, right? (Shall they also add road tiles, so there is no expense?) So all for free, good for especially people like me because I started in the mermaids... but it is logic knowing that it is not going to happen.

It is about taking a Christmas candy (pun intended), smile for it, and that's it. It is probably INNO's whole purpose. Not crushing their business by gifting us all a million diamonds.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

I have a tendency of throwing gifts in the trash. Never understood the point in receiving a gift that has no real purpose.
You can either use it or it takes up space and gather dust.

In the case of the game...... Though it is a pointless gift as most of the rewards, it is still free. At least it will cover the 100 culture levy for one upgrade for the planks factory to produce a couple more planks in three hours.

You are right. We should give thanks. I can do one upgrade and can obtain two more planks in three hours. That is a bonus.

It must have taken a few hours and a lot of strain on the brainpower of the development team to come up with this brilliant idea for a Christmas gift.

Therefore, much appreciation to the development team in their brilliant effort.

CaptObvious

Seeker
Thank you for the candy ... unicorn! :)
Yes free candy is always good, except for that one time when there was no free candy even though the guy in the van said he had some. Not falling for that again.

DeletedUser8632

Well, free spell fragments. Never can have enough spell fragments. Or unicorns /s

I'm just wondering why the loyal players didn't even deserve a different gift from last you.

Timneh

Artisan
What do you call a loyal player ? and where does the criteria for being loyal start ? I think that if some players got a different gift than others it would generate complaints from players that just miss out on qualifying for the new gift. If the point of being classed as loyal was reaching a certain chapter then players that were at the end of the previous chapter would complain, if it was based on time playing the game then players that were only a few weeks or even just a few days short of the qualifying time would complain. Giving the same gift to everyone is probably the best way to do it (in my opinion).

Sir Derf

Adept
I'm assuming the 'loyal' player is the one still playing over a year.

And, I'm assuming that the sentiment was not for INNO this year to have given one gift to newbies and a different gift to 'loyal' players, but rather for INNO to have given a gift to everyone that was different from last year, which would mean nothing to newbies, but would be different for 'loyal' players from last year.

Timneh

Artisan
Yes you might be right but seeing as it was a gift and INNO didn't have to give players anything i think it is a little wrong to complain about it. If people complain about things INNO give out for nothing INNO might just think it's not worth giving out free gifts in the future.

AstralSoul

Illusionist
Well, free spell fragments. Never can have enough spell fragments. Or unicorns /s

I'm just wondering why the loyal players didn't even deserve a different gift from last you.

Well, no pun intented, but the Black Friday unicorn was a more generous (and exclusive) gift, bigger in size but 2x1, and the best from both Unicorns. It is still not a Level 10 Fire Phoenix that can be a non-sense demand...

Yes you might be right but seeing as it was a gift and INNO didn't have to give players anything i think it is a little wrong to complain about it. If people complain about things INNO give out for nothing INNO might just think it's not worth giving out free gifts in the future.

Exactly, it was an Act of X-Mas cheers. If they gifted a Level 10 Fire Phoenix, they would have broken the game. The purpose was the whole x-mas thing, hence the candy cane unicorn, and not the frozen (winter) unicorn, or any of the others that have nothing to do with x-mas.