• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Discussion Temporary Change in Spire Schedule, Gate Timer and Reward Adjustments

Silmaril

Community Manager
Elvenar Team
Last edited:

Errandil

Conjurer
Could you explain please, how exactly timers are connected to diamonds won in the spire? I don't know about anyone who is stopped from doing enough spire encounters by the timers on the gates. As it is now the first two floors can be perfectly finished at Wednesday without any time instants and the third floor is usually avoided because it's too expensive, not because there isn't enough time.

Silmaril

Community Manager
Elvenar Team
@Errandil Adjustments have been made to increase the diamond availability within the spire as well as help players to complete all levels, hence shorter timers. Feedback from the Multiplayer aspect of this had asked for us to help more players complete and have a better level of rewards (main call was more diamonds) to make this more worthwhile going the extra to complete.

DeletedUser3571

It seems to me and was pointed out on beta that this is only good for those in fellowships who complete the entire spire (12 chest). I believe this is currently a very small minority of fellowships (2 fellowships have a gold on Arendyll), i suspect that for those whose fellowships are not already gaining 11 chests (who might push a bit more) this will lead to the opposite of "these changes will help in making the Spire of Eternity more appealing for you and your Fellows".
So really this will only benefit the most competitive (maybe 5 out of 778 fellowships on Arendyll who have started the spire) and punish the vast majority.

m4rt1n

Adept
@Silmaril is the start time moved to Monday for one week only or permanently.

Edit: I see the word temporary in the title now, so question already answered. o_O

Last edited:

Errandil

Conjurer
@Errandil Adjustments have been made to increase the diamond availability within the spire as well as help players to complete all levels, hence shorter timers. Feedback from the Multiplayer aspect of this had asked for us to help more players complete and have a better level of rewards (main call was more diamonds) to make this more worthwhile going the extra to complete.
The issue is that these rearrangements would make a bit more sense if the third floor was made easier. As of now, doing the whole spire is a question of having resources to do that, not having time. And extra 50 diamonds in 12th FS chest aren't going to change that. Also moving most of the diamonds to the last FS chest and last boss in no way increases the diamond aviability within the spire, it will result in the majority of players getting less diamonds simply because they won't be able to get to these goalposts.

Hekata

Artisan
I though the changes were supposed to be made on Monday? The timer for the last gate on level 2 is now 7 hours instead of 9 and I got 20 diamonds form the little boss chest that was in front of it instead of the 45.

Pauly7

Magus
To echo what others have said - the times between gates opening has never been an issue with the Spire. There was always time to complete it and shorter gate times makes no difference to that. In fact it's useful to use the whole time to replenish coins and supplies.

The explanation seems to be saying that changing the diamond amounts on offer counter-balances the "benefit" of shorter timers, which makes it seem like we will be worse off overall, but I can't see what these diamond amounts are being increased or decreased to so I'm not sure yet whether this is an improvement or a nerf.

I don't remember the feedback being referred to. Was this a specific thread on this forum? More diamonds is good, of course, but it would have to be quite a lot more to be appealing. If you are saying that the prize for completing the third round will now be somewhere north of 500 diamonds then perhaps this is a good thing, but I refer you back to my second paragraph.

Pauly7

Magus
@Pauly7 The thread was on beta.
You can see here a pic with the diamond changes: https://beta.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/spire-of-eternity.12990/post-84337
OK, thanks @Hekata.

So in summary what they are doing is nerfing the Spire. It seems that it's an overall diamond reduction in all cases except where a Fellowship reaches gold level.

In typical Inno fashion, of course, they are trying to spin this as if it's an improvement. It's quite insulting to dress this up as something that will make the third stage appealing.

DeletedUser4149

In typical Inno fashion, of course, they are trying to spin this as if it's an improvement
yep, that's what they did during the event w/ the bears when they caved in to the complaints that people w/ magic workshops were somehow penalized because productions from those buildings only counted once each, just like regular workshops. so they counted them as 2 productions and reduced to amount of event currency that everyone else was able to get to compensate and then denied that those 2 changes were related.

i know it was a different event, but good luck competing w/ the dude in EN1 who has 4 fully upgraded fire phoenixes
#p2w

CrazyWizard

Shaman
yep, that's what they did during the event w/ the bears when they caved in to the complaints that people w/ magic workshops were somehow penalized because productions from those buildings only counted once each, just like regular workshops. so they counted them as 2 productions and reduced to amount of event currency that everyone else was able to get to compensate and then denied that those 2 changes were related.

i know it was a different event, but good luck competing w/ the dude in EN1 who has 4 fully upgraded fire phoenixes
#p2w

I logged in to EN1, scoured elvenstats ect, if that person had 4 fire phoenixes he aint using them.
I see different people winning each week and have not found anyone consistently on the top of the charts or with a tournament history score that somewhat compares with it.
So I have no clue what you're talking about.

You got me exited all for nothing.

DeletedUser4149

CrazyWizard i saw them. i can't remember the name of the player but i can remember who pointed that out to me. i'll send you that player's name i a PM. i'm pretty sure he'll remember who it was.

DeletedUser4149

i'm pretty sure i had a 2nd fellow who witnessed seeing them. but it is possible that he did something illegal to get them and they were taken away.

Souki

Adventurer
I had no problem with the timer of the gates but with the amount of diamonds spent when I needed an additional round of offering goods. Perhaps when I will be higher level I will be able to fight more but atm I am depending on negotiations. My fellowship only reaches the bronze tropy anyway. I am not sure if they get a motivational boost from the changes because they are all moaning about the costs in goods, troops and diamonds.

DeletedUser3112

this 'improvement' has made the spire even less appealing to me I play it a little to help out the FS but I lose way more than i gain and to have taken away the diamonds from the lower levels make it even less worthwhile for me. I think playing the spire is down to luck and I am not luck in games. I have even changed my fighting opportunities to improve my chances but that hasn't worked. Oh well moan over move on :):):)

CrazyWizard

Shaman
I had no problem with the timer of the gates but with the amount of diamonds spent when I needed an additional round of offering goods. Perhaps when I will be higher level I will be able to fight more but atm I am depending on negotiations. My fellowship only reaches the bronze tropy anyway. I am not sure if they get a motivational boost from the changes because they are all moaning about the costs in goods, troops and diamonds.

There are some excellent tutorails on youtube. for exampler this one

This is from another game of innogames where they use the same concept.

Untill the last stage it should not be needed to use diamonds in general, but expect at the second stage to sometimes be required to try 2-3 times to get the correct combination.

In general I complete the entire spire with 50-100 diamonds. (and get +- 400 in return as my guild also reaches the top)