• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Discussion Temporary Change in Spire Schedule, Gate Timer and Reward Adjustments

Paladestar

Enchanter
With Thermal Springs AW large VR3 farms are not such a great deal anymore.

I have to admit, I've been crunching some numbers myself around those just this week, as I grow my own Thermal Springs. A Magic Resi. for ch.15 with max. Springs gives 9720 pop. VR3 for ch. 15 gives 9900 but uses 20 squares vs the 15 the Magic Resi. uses. Not got as far as factoring in space needed for culture to support more Magic Resi.s instead of VR3s. Also curious to see the numbers for both for Ch. 16.

Deleted User - 1759805

I have to admit, I've been crunching some numbers myself around those just this week, as I grow my own Thermal Springs. A Magic Resi. for ch.15 with max. Springs gives 9720 pop. VR3 for ch. 15 gives 9900 but uses 20 squares vs the 15 the Magic Resi. uses. Not got as far as factoring in space needed for culture to support more Magic Resi.s instead of VR3s. Also curious to see the numbers for both for Ch. 16.
VR3s are still great pop/culture combos. The thing is though, culture needs are limited, so once you max that the culture component of VR3 is not useful, and on pure pop it is not as good as magic residences.

CrazyWizard

Shaman
If you two have 600+ RRs, then you've not been winning the 'correct' buildings from events! ;)

I have 18 Venar's III placed and 5 more in inventory from Construct's chapter. A large-ish winter market set that I originally got in S+D chapter, that would be a 'nice-to-have' upgraded to current chapter. Etc.

Incorrect, I had an insane amount more of those.
Do not forget that I have been aquiring blueprints since near it's inception. the second they dropped the requirments to 40K instead of 400K points.

It's a strategic choice, I am now getting magical buildings so I need some of the blueprints also for those buildings and I do have buildings I do not want to loose. So by not using them on all good buildings I can save them for later use on the ones that really want to keep

VR3s are still great pop/culture combos. The thing is though, culture needs are limited, so once you max that the culture component of VR3 is not useful, and on pure pop it is not as good as magic residences.
Yup at a certain point culture becomes useless, tho I wonder with the high culture demand of the new chapter how that will turn out to be, lookt so me that players without monestary/sanctuary and or Watchtower will have a hard time. as those 2 wonders are the main reason culture becomes "free" at a certain point in game.

What I like about the magic houses is not only there pop, but also the fact the turn useless culture into ranking points while VR3 just makes the pile of culture bigger.

I also hate that they used a former grand prize as a daily prize, some people compare any daily prize now to grand prizes.

Pauly7

Magus
I also hate that they used a former grand prize as a daily prize, some people compare any daily prize now to grand prizes.
Something about that doesn't sit well with me either. Originally people may have put a degree of resolve into winning a grand prize. Sometimes people put serious money into winning them (I'm thinking particularly of the Cozy Farm) and then by and by they're dished out as daily prizes. I didn't even like Menhirok's Barrow turning up in a Fellowship Adventure. Mine's a Spring 2017 original.

Deleted User - 1759805

Well you can't say that without mentioning that nowadays they use less-than-former-daily prizes as grand prizes...