• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Discussion Temporary Change in Spire Schedule, Gate Timer and Reward Adjustments

Deleted User - 1759805

Is it possible that when INNO decided to make theses changes to the Spire that they broke the mystery chest button? Before these changes I was able to click the mystery chest icon and my screen would automatically move to where the chest is....now it does not do that anymore, is this also a part of the change or is it a bug?
No, they've had this issue for some time. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

DeletedUser6472

As a player, who does all 3 levels in Spire every week since the multiplayer feature has been introduced, I can say that 25 diamonds for an extra round in diplomacy seems somehow inadequate now in line with dramatic decrease in diamond quantity to be won from individual chests. Also, an increase in diamonds won from FS chests went up only by a miserly 50 diamonds. The 3rd level diplomacy has been also tweaked in a way, that we almost always have to take that extra round (I'm quite proficient in a diplomacy game btw, so don't jump in saying that I have to learn the skill). So, on overall, the last changes are definitely made to squeeze extra diamonds out of us. As a paying customer, I can only say that I haven't spent a penny on this game since last September, because all the recent changes trigger only a feeling of disgust in me. I have played a number of “free to play” games in my lifetime to understand that the direction here is somewhat wrong. A player must feel excited and happy playing the game in order to spend real money on it.

AstralSoul

Illusionist
As a player, who does all 3 levels in Spire every week since the multiplayer feature has been introduced, I can say that 25 diamonds for an extra round in diplomacy seems somehow inadequate now in line with dramatic decrease in diamond quantity to be won from individual chests. Also, an increase in diamonds won from FS chests went up only by a miserly 50 diamonds. The 3rd level diplomacy has been also tweaked in a way, that we almost always have to take that extra round (I'm quite proficient in a diplomacy game btw, so don't jump in saying that I have to learn the skill). So, on overall, the last changes are definitely made to squeeze extra diamonds out of us. As a paying customer, I can only say that I haven't spent a penny on this game since last September, because all the recent changes trigger only a feeling of disgust in me. I have played a number of “free to play” games in my lifetime to understand that the direction here is somewhat wrong. A player must feel excited and happy playing the game in order to spend real money on it.

Agree, especially with the 3rd fight & the beefed-up boss from the 3rd floor.

DeletedUser9591

It would be nice to see some changes to balance the spire and make it appealing in real terms. For example:

- excess spell fragments could be exchanged into combining catalysts (or some other use to address excess)
- portal profits must be removed from possible rewards at the end of the map. now, it is slap in one's face when last stage, which is most expensive, gives PP as a reward. less gambling more certainty would be nice - it is not a gambling website
- introduction of more choices to win expiring buildings, at least at the end of each map. if it is so difficult to create new ones, existing like wishing well, ferris wheel galore, carting library, ancient knowledge monument could be re-used

The most recent balancing act resulted in less appealing feature of this game. It seems that the amount of time boosts is significantly decreased and the most common reward is spell fragments and portal profits. Considering the amount of time and effort needed, spire is made significantly less appealing.

The same could be said about the most recent event and some other ''improvements'' to this game.

m4rt1n

Adept
It would be nice to see some changes to balance the spire and make it appealing in real terms. For example:

- excess spell fragments could be exchanged into combining catalysts (or some other use to address excess)
- portal profits must be removed from possible rewards at the end of the map. now, it is slap in one's face when last stage, which is most expensive, gives PP as a reward. less gambling more certainty would be nice - it is not a gambling website
- introduction of more choices to win expiring buildings, at least at the end of each map. if it is so difficult to create new ones, existing like wishing well, ferris wheel galore, carting library, ancient knowledge monument could be re-used

The most recent balancing act resulted in less appealing feature of this game. It seems that the amount of time boosts is significantly decreased and the most common reward is spell fragments and portal profits. Considering the amount of time and effort needed, spire is made significantly less appealing.

The same could be said about the most recent event and some other ''improvements'' to this game.

I definitely agree on the spell fragments issue, approaching 300k of the useless things now when I also have loads of event buildings to disenchant for "spell fragments"

PP's however, they can be invaluable for players in certain chapters to reduce the waiting times. and with new chapters on the way will have a use at some point, but do thing they should not be in the big spire chests.

Introduce crafting recipes for only spell fragments that are for useful things, say at 10k fragments a go, 10k fragments for a new troop instant or 10h booster for example.

Pauly7

Magus
I like building up a good stockpile of portal profits. I do think that Inno overvalues them though. Is it a 20% in the final chest? 20% sure isn't much. A 100% PP would be a nice prize for me though.

Something definitely needs to be done about all the hundreds of thousands of spell fragments in my opinion. I think that Inno got the numbers really wrong along the way. Now it's got to a position where allowing people to trade them away for other items could be catastrophic for the game balance because everyone is sitting on so many. Giving away more better rewards could also throw the balance off and they don't have a suitable backup plan. I believe that they originally conceived fragments as something people would want to win, but they've entirely messed up the quantities. Now what other prizes could they substitute them for? I suspect it would only be the likes of more Coin Rains and supplies instants.

As for the expiring buildings - I think we've almost seen the last of Wishing Wells, Ferris Wheels and Carting Libraries. They want to stop people having huge farms of them. Perhaps they will just appear occasionally, probably as Fellowship Adventure prizes.

DeletedUser9591

I did 3 maps in the spire this week and the last reward was 25% PP (if I am not mistaken..). It is very disappointing outcome.

I agree that PPs are useful, but they should not be placed at the end of the map. I often receive PPs when I am opening purple or gold chests. If I remember it right, purple chest gives 50% PP. Larger award than the final encounter in the spire....

I prefer expiring buildings because with all those permanent ones city becomes overcrowded. Plus, expiring buildings should be removed after some time, meaning that there is a space for something new. As for wishing wells farms... Some items like dwarven armoury or genie are rare and with the best efforts players cannot create similar farms. If no new buildings are created, the same might be repurposed, say, with shorter expiry terms. It is just a thought... I really would prefer to see more expiring buildings, especially those which provide military effects.

Solutions for spell fragments and excess runes (other topic) would be of much help.

CrazyWizard

Shaman
Something definitely needs to be done about all the hundreds of thousands of spell fragments in my opinion. I think that Inno got the numbers really wrong along the way.
They did not get it wrong, people complained how poor and hopeless coin rains and the supply variant were.
They complained so much those got removed on many cases in favour of spell fragments as a response.

I wish we could get those instants back. This week went like a breeze, but other weeks I am really struggling for coins.

Last edited:

Pauly7

Magus
They did not get it wrong, people complained how poor and hopeless coin rains and the supply variant were.
They complained so much those got removed on many cases in favour of spell fragments as a response.
If that was the case they wouldn't have replaced them with something so useless because they would always know the complaints would be greater than they were in the first place. They wouldn't have come up with a system of fragment collection and the whole disenchanting idea only to then think "hey, let's just give everyone an absolutely limitless supply of these and then keep giving more and more as prizes... people will probably complain less than getting supplies and coin instants"... That makes no sense.

Personally I think supplies and coin instants are pretty useful, especially with the extra strain on resource that the Spire presents. I welcome the idea of getting more of these awarded.

@buvau I think expiring buildings would be great, especially the military ones. I just don't think it's going to happen unless it's something pretty rare. Perhaps the last step of level 3 of the Spire would be a fitting place to have a chance of winning one. It still wouldn't be as good as the level 1 and level 2 top prizes though.

Deleted User - 1759805

@buvau I think expiring buildings would be great, especially the military ones. I just don't think it's going to happen unless it's something pretty rare. Perhaps the last step of level 3 of the Spire would be a fitting place to have a chance of winning one.
That's where we have Dwarven Armorer@20%...

Paladestar

Enchanter
150 diamonds still isn't that great a prize for a fellowship reaching the gold trophy chest. How about 5 Royal Restoration spells instead, or maybe even a blueprint instead! Something to really motivate fellowships to push for completion every week.

Hekata

Artisan
Now what other prizes could they substitute them for? I suspect it would only be the likes of more Coin Rains and supplies instants.

Honestly I'd prefer to get a bit more of those and little less of SF. Since I cater through the whole spire I run of of both coins and supplies easily.

That being said I have adopted the policy never to ask Inno to reduce anything based on the experience we had with pet food. I can easily imagine this announcement: "Dear players, we have heard your complaints about too much sf and we are happy to announce that from now on you will need only spell fragments to craft pet food. (= the recipe will cost 10k Sf). In accordance with this we are also slightly rebalancing the amount of SF that can be won in the Spire (= SF cut by 2/3)" :)

CrazyWizard

Shaman
150 diamonds still isn't that great a prize for a fellowship reaching the gold trophy chest. How about 5 Royal Restoration spells instead, or maybe even a blueprint instead! Something to really motivate fellowships to push for completion every week.
I beg to differ, I want me diamonds, Blueprint and restorations spells I got plenty enough, and I assume if you can make the top of the tower your fellowship will also already get those 10 chests.

1586466084994.png

Really enough of those!!!

Just wait untill all wishing wells are gone and everyone is starved from super duper easy diamonds again, than that 150 diamonds become like a nice juicy steak dangling in front of a cat.
That diamonds reward is also an inportant bone, for players who need to buy some extra rounds to get there, they at least know they get (most) of them returned upon reaching that goal. remove that and the incentive to go to the top will go down drastically

Deleted User - 1759805

Just wait untill all wishing wells are gone and everyone is starved from super duper easy diamonds again, than that 150 diamonds become like a nice juicy steak dangling in front of a cat.
Yeah, 150 diamonds doesn't sound like much in a world with plentiful Wishing Wells (especially considering cross-town farming). But if sources of free diamonds will dry up (as it is happening right now), 150 diamonds will be very attractive for free players. That's basically half a blueprint.

For people who actually buy diamonds for cash on a periodic basis, 150 diamonds might not be that much of an incentive.

CrazyWizard

Shaman
Yeah, 150 diamonds doesn't sound like much in a world with plentiful Wishing Wells (especially considering cross-town farming). But if sources of free diamonds will dry up (as it is happening right now), 150 diamonds will be very attractive for free players. That's basically half a blueprint.

For people who actually buy diamonds for cash on a periodic basis, 150 diamonds might not be that much of an incentive.

True but to that regard, so would a blueprint, and you can't play the tower alone, you will need those "freebees" to reach your own goals in the tower.
While there is a lot of incentive for the players who understand the tower, if you remove those diamonds many won't even look at the tower and therefore not start/learn to appriciate what it all has to offer.

AstralSoul

Illusionist
View attachment 4311
Really enough of those!!!

Wise words my friend. And also good job, you surpassed my almost 600 RRs haha. Someone is crazier than me (I stopped crafting them for a while already.)

Paladestar

Enchanter
If you two have 600+ RRs, then you've not been winning the 'correct' buildings from events! ;)

I have 18 Venar's III placed and 5 more in inventory from Construct's chapter. A large-ish winter market set that I originally got in S+D chapter, that would be a 'nice-to-have' upgraded to current chapter. Etc.