• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Discussion Temporary Change in Spire Schedule, Gate Timer and Reward Adjustments

DeletedUser9485

Less time on gates means you don't have to use timed instants to finish the spire. So you can use those to make troops or resources.
They made the diamonds more.. so it's mroe appealing to finish, Doesn't matter if those diamonds are on the last boss or on the 2nd. If you finish the whole spire, the diamond distribution doesn't matter, just the amount of them.
If they would put al the diamonds on the first level, there would be no point to go up. I have 4 genies from the 3rd floor and a small bounch of WWs and I can get a magic residence ever other week even when I do the spire like a madlad and throw diamonds like no tomorrow... I see many bigger palyers with 20-30+ WWs or/and with many more genies tham me... I don't get the cry. Now it's faster to move thru the spire and get some rewards you mean those 20-50diamonds on the 1-2 was the motivation to do the spire until this time? Not the boosters, buildings, cc-s... your argument is invalid. You got much more diamondworth from other sources than diamonds in the 1-2 floors.

CrazyWizard

Shaman
Less time on gates means you don't have to use timed instants to finish the spire. So you can use those to make troops or resources.
They made the diamonds more.. so it's mroe appealing to finish, Doesn't matter if those diamonds are on the last boss or on the 2nd. If you finish the whole spire, the diamond distribution doesn't matter, just the amount of them.
If they would put al the diamonds on the first level, there would be no point to go up. I have 4 genies from the 3rd floor and a small bounch of WWs and I can get a magic residence ever other week even when I do the spire like a madlad and throw diamonds like no tomorrow... I see many bigger palyers with 20-30+ WWs or/and with many more genies tham me... I don't get the cry. Now it's faster to move thru the spire and get some rewards you mean those 20-50diamonds on the 1-2 was the motivation to do the spire until this time? Not the boosters, buildings, cc-s... your argument is invalid. You got much more diamondworth from other sources than diamonds in the 1-2 floors.

Those other sources are drying up since WW aren't released anymore.
Not that I mind, for them it makes sense to move some of the diamonds upwards in the tower.

Once the WW dry up, you will see spire motivation move up for those people, as it's there only decent source of diamonds from the onwards.
And with more motivated players the usage will improve as well on the longer term.

It just takes some time for those WW to dry out.

ps. I am amazed ww stayed in game for so long, 80K diamonds for free for the max (ab)user in 6 months, you must admit that it's overkill, and on the big US/DE servers it's even more. the amount of diamonds in the tower can be much easier controlled and adjusted to fit there ideal profile.

AstralSoul

Illusionist
ps. I am amazed ww stayed in game for so long, 80K diamonds for free for the max (ab)user in 6 months, you must admit that it's overkill, and on the big US/DE servers it's even more. the amount of diamonds in the tower can be much easier controlled and adjusted to fit there ideal profile.

I played dozens of empire games since the 90s. I have never seen such a thing as these wells, there are so many, and they are "lose", no wonder why they are stopping to release more. And the genie is even crazier, got 200, 100, 50 diamonds several times already (it is true I got more than four spire sets before the first genie, but still, wow.)

I now really do the Spire for the FS...we used to reach to the first prize 2nd floor, last month first floor. We'll see from now. I am well-suited Spire wise... personally, I need no more Spire.

Pauly7

Magus
1. You didn't need time instants to finish the Spire previously.

2. The diamond rewards have been reduced, not increased, unless you find yourself in one of the very few fellowships winning a gold trophy.

Deleted User - 2044766

Honestly, my town & production is that small, that I can't get anywhere past the basic 1st three chests in Spire. I chuck in what I can then sit back & watch the rest of my fs thunder past:D...."bip-bip"...VROOOOM!!!

DeletedUser9340

Honestly, my town & production is that small, that I can't get anywhere past the basic 1st three chests in Spire. I chuck in what I can then sit back & watch the rest of my fs thunder past:D...."bip-bip"...VROOOOM!!!
Haha. That happened to me when I started playing in Spire(I am in Chapter 10). I first couldn't even make it past the first gate.But now I am almost finishing Laboratory :p

DeletedUser8551

These changes still do not make the spire appealing to me, i hate the bloody thing but that is just me, i know a lot of players love it.

I go to the spire to nab a few things when it first appears, but never make it past the 4th or 5th chest - it is simply too draining on my army, which btw would take me 10 years to train/acquire enough fighters to get to the top of that thing, even if there was enough time allowed to do it. And the alternate means of making progress - playing the guessing game as to who wants which of your supplies, while losing everything you worked so hard to accumulate - is ridiculous. I'm about over this thing.

Gargon667

Mentor
I like the reduced timers a lot, it basically means more time boosts for other stuff :) So I take that as the big improvement here for myself.

The diamonds change seems rather small for the individual. Of course over all players and all worlds Inno will be handing out a LOT less diamonds with this change, but at the same time increasing the motivation to do better in the team spire. So while it is a slightly bad thing for solo players and those in less ambitious FS, I think it is good for all FS that already get gold medals as well as those trying to get there.
In general I agree that increasing rewards for the last waypoint is a good idea, since it is a rather big feat to make it there for a FS. Because the rewards in the spire are pretty good already, Inno saw no need to increase them further, instead just shifted them around a bit. I see it as a handshake with spire enthusiasts (the ones that like playing the spire and make it far) while the people that hate the spire and constantly complain about it get less rewards and more reasons to complain ;) Everybody happy :D

DeletedUser6090

I had hoped the designers would offer larger prizes as players progress through the Spire. As it stands now, it is possible to be in the Laboratory where the troop strength or negotiating costs are extremely high and only win a 2 hour time boost! How does that make any sense at all?

In addition, two fellowship chests are identical in spite of the fact the second chest requires almost double the points. It would be like charging $2.00 for a both a gallon of milk and a half Gallon.

CrazyWizard

Shaman
I had hoped the designers would offer larger prizes as players progress through the Spire. As it stands now, it is possible to be in the Laboratory where the troop strength or negotiating costs are extremely high and only win a 2 hour time boost! How does that make any sense at all?

In addition, two fellowship chests are identical in spite of the fact the second chest requires almost double the points. It would be like charging $2.00 for a both a gallon of milk and a half Gallon.

The differentiation is in the fellowshop part of the fwllowship rewards where you het more timeboosters.
This might not sound like much, but you should see how much time boosters the tower in it's eternity provides,
And since timeboosters can be used everywhere, they can be considered "free troops", how do you think people consistently get 14-20k scores in the tournaments? thats all thanks tot the tower.

And what do these scores return? loads and lods and loads of KP and spells.
A tournament for me devivers 700KP 60-70 PoP spells 60-70 those neighbourly help spels and more.

it's somewhat of a triangle, city->spire>tournaments->city->ect

Pauly7

Magus
The differentiation is in the fellowshop part of the fwllowship rewards where you het more timeboosters.
This might not sound like much, but you should see how much time boosters the tower in it's eternity provides,
And since timeboosters can be used everywhere, they can be considered "free troops", how do you think people consistently get 14-20k scores in the tournaments? thats all thanks tot the tower.

And what do these scores return? loads and lods and loads of KP and spells.
A tournament for me devivers 700KP 60-70 PoP spells 60-70 those neighbourly help spels and more.

it's somewhat of a triangle, city->spire>tournaments->city->ect
It's a fair point. There is a need to reduce the attractiveness of events to counterbalance big gains in the Spire. Trouble is there are still a lot of people who hate the Spire and those people will continue to be angry about lots and lots of uninspiring events. Events which used to be one of the main linchpins of the game.

RainbowElvira

Sorcerer
In my opinion, the problem with the Spire is that it demands resources that are needed otherwise, for tournaments and city progression. It's different with events, they do not eat resources (at least in their current setup).

Devaluing of events in favor of peer pressure on the Spire might not increase the gaming fun for many of us.

Errandil

Conjurer
In my opinion, the problem with the Spire is that it demands resources that are needed otherwise, for tournaments and city progression. It's different with events, they do not eat resources (at least in their current setup).
For the first two floors it's absolutely possible to balance your city around negotiating through them along with the chapter progression. And the tournaments can be done without using goods, especially with the amount of time boosters the spire gives.

DeletedUser4149

I logged in to EN1, scoured elvenstats ect, if that person had 4 fire phoenixes he aint using them.
it's possible i mixed up 4 phoenixes w/ 4 fire phoenixes. still, 2 fire and 2 or 4 other phoenixes is hard to compete w/ .

CrazyWizard

Shaman
It's a fair point. There is a need to reduce the attractiveness of events to counterbalance big gains in the Spire. Trouble is there are still a lot of people who hate the Spire and those people will continue to be angry about lots and lots of uninspiring events. Events which used to be one of the main linchpins of the game.

Whiners die out as eventually they quit, new players replace them, they don't know better and look differently at the situation.
They like it because it gives them something, while the "whining folk" can only see what they have lost (and selecively ignore what they gain)

DeletedUser4149

Whiners die out as eventually they quit,
the issues i had gave me a good reason to quit and move on to newer and less monotonous things.
i do miss some of my teammates. so i come back on occasion.

Deleted User - 1759805

And the tournaments can be done without using goods, especially with the amount of time boosters the spire gives.
Probably not in the early chapters though, at least not in a meaningful way. Just not enough military upgrades and boosts, and production speed is terrible. I practically catered most of the tournaments up to mid-chapters. So while the Spire can certainly be catered in full even in early chapters (I have done it many times in chapter 4 city), doing it together with tournaments and regular city development might be tough.

Totally works later on in the game.

kimkimkim

Summoner
Is it possible that when INNO decided to make theses changes to the Spire that they broke the mystery chest button? Before these changes I was able to click the mystery chest icon and my screen would automatically move to where the chest is....now it does not do that anymore, is this also a part of the change or is it a bug?