• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Swapping goods boosts

DeletedUser8829

This has been suggested before but the threads are all old so I'm creating a new one.

As we all know, the game selects three goods boosts for you when you start playing and the types can't be affected by the player. I would love to see this changed.

I have a few accounts on different servers and they have the same boosts. It's boring, the game would be more versatile for me if I was making different goods on each one of them. I have spent money on my accounts which is why I don't want to ditch any of them for a new one with a different boost.

Currently the big and active FS I belong to in a less crowded world is experiencing some problems acquiring silk. We haven't been able to recruit enough silk producers and the different neighborhoods each one of us resides in are equally dead, or at least devoid of silk traders. It would be great if I could switch from scrolls to silk to help my FS and maybe the immediate neighbors too.

While some players are not interested in this and don't see it as a necessary feature, it definitely would give some more interesting things to do in the game for the more advanced players. You could try a new approach to the game without starting a new account.

Also, browsing the map and finding some distant active goods producers made me think of a possibility to move my village right next to them for trading. The automatic feature in the settings which is supposed to move your village to a better area doesn't do much, so there should be a manual alternative.

Changes like the ones I'm suggesting here would be game breaking if they were added to the game without any limitations. There should be a cost to them, and if it was a hefty amount of diamonds I wouldn't be complaining. There also needs to be a time limit. Getting to move once a month or less is more than enough, being able to pick a new boost once a year or even only once ever would be all we need.

Timneh

Artisan
The boosts you get are determined by the provinces surrounding your city, at the top, bottom left and bottom right. To change your boosts you would need to be moved on the world map to a place where the boosts you want are available. It is possible that you might end up in a place with hardly any neighbours to get the boosts you want and you might not be able to get all 3 that you want as i believe that some combinations are not possible.
While i think it would be nice if we could change the boosts we have i don't think it is practical.

DeletedUser8829

I don't fully understand why the boost types have to follow the nearest provinces even for the advanced players. I suppose it is to have equal amounts of all the different goods producers in an area, but after you have opened dozens of provinces it gets less important.

Let the advanced players unlock a secondary goods boost for each tier?

Implement a queue system to the game: you can swap your location (and boosts with it) only when someone else has been removed from the game?