• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Surplus Rune Shards can be swapped for Knowledge Points - now in Beta

DeletedUser501

Enchanter
@DunkelSaturn From what I understand you can put as many of your kps in your own wonders as you want. There is no limit to that. The only limit is how many kps you can receive from others without giving any back.
Thank you for explaining me this, I don´t have an account in beta to test that new kp limit trigger so I was afraid it was applied to own AWs.

DeletedUser501

Enchanter
@DunkelSaturn
Why do you feel the need to be so disparaging of anyone who disagrees with you? Even when they support their point with facts or data. Stop being so unpleasant, You are spoiling the forum for me at least. I have an inward groan each time I see a posting from you.
I don´t care, you can block me, easy peazzy, in fact in my point of viewing you´re more a troll and much more unpleasant to read than me.

and what facts and data are you talking about, the one that presents that all the time is me lmao!

Hekata

Artisan
Thank you for explaining me this, I don´t have an account in beta to test that new kp limit trigger so I was afraid it was applied to own AWs.
No problem.
The only part where you have to be careful is if you do a lot of kp hunting. So if you put for instance 5 kps in someone's wonder and you get 50 back from the chests you can get a block if the difference is bigger than 560 kps per week.

Jackluyt

Shaman
Do you have a citation for these assertions about Inno's intentions. I remember them as being very consistent in describing the purpose of the formula as being to reduce, but not eliminate the benefits of progress of all kinds. For example the relevant Project Manager (in the "News of Elvenar" forum here) said the following...

I don't have a citation right now, but am reporting feedback from various reliable sources over the last year or so.

InnoGames have a record of telling less than the whole truth in their publicity releases - as is their right, for two reasons:
  • Design trends are fiercely competitive and they may choose to hide certain development directions from competitors;
  • A forum moderator told me that some players have invested astronomic amounts into their games, which lays InnoGames open to litigation if basic game changes cause those players to lose all or part of their investment. For that reason they may tend to word their releases in such a way as to protect themselves.
If I find a citation I will let you have it.

rock stream

Scholar
BOOM!
KP Shard swap has gone live.
On behalf of INNO I would like to beg your forgiveness for releasing another major game improvement/landmine without an officially release note and not providing information in the semi weak wiki.
This was caused by:
A. A pipe leak
B. Aliens
C. Covid 16.3 - 2 - a
D. Our commitment to keep the game complex and enjoyable.
have fun
signed: pass the Jägermeister

Last edited:

BlueBlou

Illusionist
Just watch out, on app there is no confirmation if you actually want to donate a shard or not.

Which makes me wonder about the long term effect. Everybody will have level 30 AWs, then what ...?

Alcaro

Necromancer
Just watch out, on app there is no confirmation if you actually want to donate a shard or not.

Which makes me wonder about the long term effect. Everybody will have level 30 AWs, then what ...?
then probably will add some more levels :D

Jake65

Sage

Your wonder will get to the rune phase and you'll suddenly realise you've got no more rune shards left because you converted them all into KP :D

DeletedUser6472

The same on the PC, however with confirmation it would take much longer to add KP. So, this way is better IMHO, just have to be careful and count while we add :).

Then we'll upgrade them to 35 (except for Monastery/Sanctuary).

then probably will add some more levels :D
Please don't add more levels, 30-35 was already quite useless. We'll have more new AWs (every new chapter has 2), so making rune shards interchangeable for all AWs would be a solution to this. Also, it would be great if we could use Broken shards to create any rune shard without the circle, as soon as 10 Broken shards are collected - we would create a rune shard needed (one can only dream lol).

Sir Derf

Adept
Apparently, terseness was too confusing. Hopefully not beating a dead horse, but I'll try and be absolutely clear in explaining my understanding.

• Self investing
    • There is no limit on self-investment.
      • If you invest 100 AWKP in your own Wonders every even minute, you can continue this process, investing 3,000 AWKP per hour, 72,000 AWKP every day, 504,000 AWKP every week, never hitting a limit. (Well, until you run out of KP)
  • Investing between players
    • There is a limit on inter-player investment.
      • If you invest 100 AWKP in another player's Wonder every even minute without them investing in your Wonders, 3,000 AWKP every hour, you will eventually hit a limit where the system will not allow you to invest more (at that time).
    • The inter-player limit is not fixed, but expands every week.
      • If you hit the limit in the above scenario, you will find that every week the limit will be increased and you will be able to donate another unreciprocated 560 AWKP (80 per day, but added weekly) before hitting the new limit.
    • The inter-player limit is not on gross investment, but on net investment.
      • If you hit the limit in the above scenario, if the other player donates 10 AWKP to one of your Wonders, you will be able to donate an additional 10 AWKP back to that player before again hitting the limit.
      • If you invest 100 AWKP in another player's Wonder ever even minute, and they invest 100 AWKP in your Wonders ever odd minute, you can continue this process, investing 3,000 AWKP to each other every hour, 72,000 AWKP every day, 504,000 AWKP every week, never hitting a limit.
      • If you invest 180 AWKP in another player's Wonder every day, and they invest 100 AWKP in your Wonders every day, you can continue this process, investing 180 gross, 80 net AWKP in the other player every day, 560 net AWKP every week, 29,120 net AWKP every year, never hitting a limit.

rock stream

Scholar
Thank-you Sir Derf. I believe there is an opening in the Wiki department that you should consider although you'd be alone.
Do you have any thoughts about what advice should be shared with a fellowship (score range 50,000 to 800,000)?
Thanks again.

rock stream

Scholar
The shard > broken shard > full green bar has been modified. I just filled two wheels with only 4 broken shards.

Far Reach

Conjurer
I don't have a citation right now, but am reporting feedback from various reliable sources over the last year or so.

InnoGames have a record of telling less than the whole truth in their publicity releases - as is their right, for two reasons:
  • Design trends are fiercely competitive and they may choose to hide certain development directions from competitors;
  • A forum moderator told me that some players have invested astronomic amounts into their games, which lays InnoGames open to litigation if basic game changes cause those players to lose all or part of their investment. For that reason they may tend to word their releases in such a way as to protect themselves.
If I find a citation I will let you have it.

Thank you for taking the time to respond.

I don't doubt that Inno wanted the change to reduce the tournament benefit (relative to others) that the most progressed players had - and indeed they said that publicly. I don't believe that they did it specifically to target pushers though. That doesn't make any sense to me from their perspective. (There are much better and more targeted ways of going after pushers without causing collateral damage elsewhere.) I can understand the idea being appealing to a portion of the player-base though, and vaguely recall it appearing on the forums at the time.

This isn't addressed at your posts incidentally (which tend to be informative, and to save us the time of reading moderator comments in other forums), but I do get frustrated by over-confident and under-informed assertions by some players about how the game works. Sometimes demonstrably incorrect statements get taken as cast iron facts and quoted as such. This doesn't directly affect me, but I don't like the way that it often results in poor advice and/or a misleading perspective for new members of these forums.

CrazyWizard

Shaman
Oh god. So if I´ve got in stock 6000kp, with this new dictatorial device I won´t be able to spend all that in my own AWs in a period of 2-3 days?
The players will be now forced to use any form of KP exchanging/swapping method to transfer each other all their KP in stock or in shards from now on? What about the players that don´t like those systems and just want to use all the new kp from shards in their own AWs?
This "thing" ( I would have use here a very rude word instead of the word "thing" but moderation would have edit it so..) is just so dump, unnecessary and limiting, one should use all his KP at free will in whatever person AW he wants and in any period of time he wished.
My friend please READ! I think it has been explained so many times already, but somehow you fail to get it.
It has to do with how many points OTHER people give to you.

It has nothing to do with you and your ability to spend knowledge points. you can spend a million in your own wonders, but you cannot spend a million KP with a push account on your own wonders without sending them back.

It's an anti push feature, not a how to anoy dunkelsaturn feature.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser501

Enchanter
No problem.
The only part where you have to be careful is if you do a lot of kp hunting. So if you put for instance 5 kps in someone's wonder and you get 50 back from the chests you can get a block if the difference is bigger than 560 kps per week.
So this device is also a limiting KP hunting thing, lol, Inno really took lot of work behind this "sensational" new shard to kp update.
With what you and many other people here telling me, if I add little portions of KP here and there of around 1 to 5 kp in many players AWs, and those little portions surpass 560kp afterwards the lockdown, I won´t be able to hunt anymore? Solid Inno.

DeletedUser501

Enchanter
My friend please READ! I think it has been explained so many times already, but somehow you fail to get it.
It has to do with how many points OTHER people give to you.

It has nothing to do with you and your ability to spend knowledge points. you can spend a million in your own wonders, but you cannot spend a million KP with a push account on your own wonders without sending them back.

The second line is ALL I was asking for, nothing else, and what you did wrote was not clear and more confusing to me.
In fact this what you AT THE END has replied, hekata explained it to me in a smoother and clearer manner.

Last edited:

DeletedUser501

Enchanter
It's an anti push feature, not a how to anoy drunkelsaturn feature.

Write right my name buddy, cause I could really post here some good and funnier nicknames to you.

Moderation @Herodite @Solanix, CrazyWizard has wrote in purpose my nickname wrong, could you please verify it for yourself and edit it in consecuense, or in contrary case I will assume everybody can change the nick name of anyone here and I will add some funny changes to CrazyWizard name also.