• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Summer Solstice

DeletedUser

As a more mature player i enjoy playing the non pvp games these days, i am happy to spend some of my disposable income on this pastime but as i have progressed through this game the realisation that the developers feel it is their role to extract the maximum amount of cash from the players, this quest has just been the last straw.
As i said i'm happy to spend until i start to feel ripped off.

DeletedUser

As a more mature player i enjoy playing the non pvp games these days, i am happy to spend some of my disposable income on this pastime but as i have progressed through this game the realisation that the developers feel it is their role to extract the maximum amount of cash from the players, this quest has just been the last straw.

This. I also fall into the disposable income, small time category. I paid for a few things, got an extra builder. Then I realised they just don't care, so stopped paying. The acknowledgement of issues is so small, even when they do fix an issue it doesn't seem like they are doing it for the people who play, just to fix something they broke. Even a change in attitude would encourage me to reassess if I should buy stuff, as I know not everyone plays like I do, so there will be things that don't suit me.

Crabby181

Seeker
Summer solstice - very disappointing. Impossible to gain all three without expending diamonds which seems unfair. Then with a day and a half to go no challenges - lady just disappeared. All this aside the rewards were good enabling gain of culture and population. Perhaps the challenges should be such that if you complete all of them you can achieve the third reward.

DeletedUser

But are we really? :)

Every developer should be at least midly interested in finding out more about their primary customer groups. It stands without reason that this game could be more successful both in terms of attracting more new players and keeping the current ones more content with where the game is heading. I don't even think that Inno themselves would deny that fact.

I agree with you. But that would comprise good customer service, which inevitably also involves recognising who one's audience is and adapting to their needs - or even just understanding that not all audiences are identical, as opposed to attempting to mold one's audience to mute into the kind of audience one would prefer. The fact that Inno apparently doesn't deem it worthwhile to pay support staff leads me to conclude that their interest in customer service is not very high on their list of priorities.

DeletedUser

I agree with you. But that would comprise good customer service, which inevitably also involves recognising who one's audience is and adapting to their needs - or even just understanding that not all audiences are identical, as opposed to attempting to mold one's audience to mute into the kind of audience one would prefer. The fact that Inno apparently doesn't deem it worthwhile to pay support staff leads me to conclude that their interest in customer service is not very high on their list of priorities.

When Inno puts out a bulletin stating they will prioritise Summer Solstice support tickets, it immediately red flags me.
  • They KNOW (despite a beta) that there are a lot of bugs
  • They know they don't have enough support staff (or too many bugs) to handle problems in a timely manner
  • They decide "she'll be right" is the correct answer, rather than fixing bugs, or getting more support staff

DeletedUser

When Inno puts out a bulletin stating they will prioritise Summer Solstice support tickets, it immediately red flags me.
  • They KNOW (despite a beta) that there are a lot of bugs
  • They know they don't have enough support staff (or too many bugs) to handle problems in a timely manner
  • They decide "she'll be right" is the correct answer, rather than fixing bugs, or getting more support staff

Not to mention people are magically supposed to know they have to put "summer solstice" in the ticket title in order to get their query prioritized when the vast majority of people do not read the forum and even those that do, don't read/remember everything. :D

Valnad

Spellcaster

I wonder how many players made the same choice as I did, namely not paying for those last 10 golden shards after it turned out that the daily quests were stomped 2 days before the timer ran out and I was left with 10 golden shards less than what was required in order to unlock the second Venar's Rocks.

I'd even take it to a poll if I thought it would make a difference, but I think we all know how the turnout would be in the poll results.

I'm starting to feel like a broken clock here. I try to make a good case, one that would benefit both paying players, non-paying players and InnoGames as well. But maybe it's best to just shut it and accept the game for what it is, or rather, for what it has become.

Deleted User - 13667

I completed the quest to upgrade 5 buildings above level 6 but the quest was not completed. That caused me an additional chance to open the 140 treasure chest.

An event bugged with persisting quest issues that were not fixed in spite of being present for several months and updates. :(