• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Summer Solstice

DeletedUser803

It looks like that 9 day event we had last month.

DeletedUser1295

Hard to talk about something that has not started yet?

Well, at least everyone reading this EN-forum will enough time to prepare for this event :D
On beta this event has been going on for a while now, so anyone playing there will be able to give the EN-players a head start.
Don't be shy ;) share your info and comments either here or in-game with your fellows!

Deleted User - 13667

It is incorrect to simply assume everyone is ready even if they are registered on this forum, much less if they are not.

Proper heads up should be provided to players on such events. The fact this forum operates outside the game itself indicates they should and have been treated as 2 different separate entities.

DeletedUser1295

It is incorrect to simply assume everyone is ready even if they are registered on this forum, much less if they are not.

Proper heads up should be provided to players on such events. The fact this forum operates outside the game itself indicates they should and have been treated as 2 different separate entities.

Indeed you have a good point! Even although the forum is directly accessible in-game via the menu on the right, far too few players use it imho.

Which is one of the reasons why I posted the following in another thread:

Forum-users on EN were indeed pre-warned here on forum by other forum users kindly sharing their knowledge which they attained by playing the beta server and/or reading the beta-forum.

However, as I've stated elsewhere on this forum I feel that forum use should be promoted more in-game. Right now I'm also trying to think of other options to encourage the use of the forum for important (pre)warnings on in-game changes.

Any suggestions on this will be greatly appreciated! This could best be done by starting a separate topic in the Ideas and Suggestions section of the forum.

I sure hope anyone is willing to do so!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Its nice that we're getting 2 days notice of an event happening as not everyone reads the beta forum, however I do hope that the devs have managed to get rid of all the bugs that beta have been plagued with on this event.

DeletedUser1295

Its nice that we're getting 2 days notice of an event happening as not everyone reads the beta forum, however I do hope that the devs have managed to get rid of all the bugs that beta have been plagued with on this event.

Some of the bugs may unfortunately not have been solved , specifically the ones that also 'bug' us in-game on upgrading buildings.
However: our support team is aware of this as well and will be handling tickets on such event-bugs asap.

So please report any event-bug you encounter immediately to support!
The support mods will try to resolve any ticket on a legitimate bug issue soonest!

EDIT:
Should you have a problem with a Summer Solstice quest, please help us to help you by using the word 'Solstice' somewhere in your ticket title!!!

DeletedUser1925

I think is too soon! Not all bugs fixed.

I think they will start with the Summer Solstice so soon just to shut up people and steer conversation from orcs dungs and mandatory AWs.

DeletedUser1295

I think is too soon! Not all bugs fixed.

I think they will start with the Summer Solstice so soon just to shut up people and steer conversation from orcs dungs and mandatory AWs.

Sorry Cheapnar, I owe you an apology and I was about to message you about this, I thank you for editing your own post!
It had not occurred to me that SS could be meant so innocent...
For me and many others this abbreviation implies a different and not so innocent meaning with regard to WW II.

I kindly request that all forum users whenever they want to abbreviate the Summer Solstice Event, do so by either using SSE or just plainly SE or Summer Event / Solstice Event.

PLEASE DO NOT use the 'SS' abbreviation for this event, since this can be very hurtful to elder forum users - myself included. Any use of the abbreviation 'SS' will be moderated!

DeletedUser

BTW. It is 8.8. ;)

If "from August 8th until August 29th 23:59 (UTC)" means it starts at the same time it ends, depending upon where you are, it may not start until the 9th.

While this event does sound like a welcome change, I'm not holding my breath until it kicks in since buildings and lack of space sound like a possible recipe for frustration, unless ofc non payers have no chance of getting buildings in which case it's all good :D

DeletedUser1925

If "from August 8th until August 29th 23:59 (UTC)" means it starts at the same time it ends, depending upon where you are, it may not start until the 9th.

While this event does sound like a welcome change, I'm not holding my breath until it kicks in since buildings and lack of space sound like a possible recipe for frustration, unless ofc non payers have no chance of getting buildings in which case it's all good :D

Not really. It just says when it finish. I hope they will reschedule to next week. Because is still too buggy.

DeletedUser

Probably be a good distraction so people stop leaving?
BTW my comment on FB got deleted after I answered the "which MA spell do you like" with, I don't like the MA.

DeletedUser1739

just a cheap distraction IMO
ppl who wanna leave cause they are sick and tired of the cr@p will still spread the word

ETA

LMAO great start!buy moon splinters!!!

LMAO!

DeletedUser

just a cheap distraction IMO
ppl who wanna leave cause they are sick and tired of the cr@p will still spread the word

ETA

LMAO great start!buy moon splinters!!!

LMAO!

They have to make more money from the people who are leaving, right??
It is hardly THEIR fault that people don't understand how to have fun playing the way they are told!?!?!
(for fear of being modded, that was supposed to be sarcasm and humour :cool: )

DeletedUser66

Sorry Cheapnar, I owe you an apology and I was about to message you about this, I thank you for editing your own post!
It had not occurred to me that SS could be meant so innocent...
For me and many others this abbreviation implies a different and not so innocent meaning with regard to WW II.

I kindly request that all forum users whenever they want to abbreviate the Summer Solstice Event, do so by either using SSE or just plainly SE or Summer Event / Solstice Event.

PLEASE DO NOT use the 'SS' abbreviation for this event, since this can be very hurtful to elder forum users - myself included. Any use of the abbreviation 'SS' will be moderated!

It is called context. I don't see the need to moderate an acronym completely out of the WWII context... Considering this game has literally nothing to do with war.