• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Summer Solstice

m4rt1n

Adept
I just found a madman - someone who has two stage 10 Stonehenge in their city. Aside from being crazy enough to place two of a building with such terrible stats, and spending [wasting] diamonds to get both to stage 10, how on Earth did this player get two of them in the first place!? They only come from the first event quest, right, and it cannot be repeated?

A second Stonehenge building was the GP after artifact 9, and due to good luck on the 142 chests, winning 500 flares several times, I have a second one in the inventory to disenchant.

Pauly7

Magus
A second Stonehenge building was the GP after artifact 9, and due to good luck on the 142 chests, winning 500 flares several times, I have a second one in the inventory to disenchant
I have the second one to disenchant, but I fancy getting a second one to level 10 would be some kind of extraordinary luck... or otherwise a lot of diamonds!

DeletedUser9034

I have been playing for a year and a half and I have just finished Constructs. I have loved and looked forward to the events until this one. I have finished everyone early actual. This one I could not even finish because of the requirements. In Constructs, it takes 60 hours just for one province. All the encounters and relics needed to be were out of control. Imagine I have 5 provinces saved before the event started and still could not get it all done. Normally they are fun but this one was a chore and was not fun.

Also, it seems that something just needed to be put up. Don't get me wrong The Artwork ob Stonehenge was really nice. But to do all that work and make it so hard just to get old rehashed rewards. Come on you are better than that I thought. Besides, that did not seem much thought went into the quest. We kept doing the same sequence almost over and over with just raised quantities. Do you think it is fun to do that for old rehashed prizes and event you can not finish and it is not because you don't spend lots of time playing? I think it is because no one sat down and figured out what it would take especially for people at the end. I am not sure about the others.

I thank you for all the wonderful things you do for us and the game. But that last event was just bad in every way

Paladestar

Enchanter
Some of the quests can indeed be annoying when in later chapters, but with a bit of planning it's still not that big of a deal. I completed the whole chain within 96 hours, without using time boosters, diamonds etc. and I was at work during the week too, so only had the evenings (too risky to use the app to collect with no hover tool-tip to confirm what I'm collecting).

I entered Constructs about two weeks before the event started, but I deliberately held off from placing the settlement (except for the portal, so that I could level it to level 4 using Portal Profit instants in the meantime), so that I had a big space for a lot of level 1 workshops and manufactories. Check the event quests list on the Elven Gems site, pre-produce as many of the 9/24/48-h productions that you can, even some 3-h if you have the space, disconnect them from your paths when complete so that you can't accidentally collect them. You can do the same with building upgrades - start the upgrade and then disconnect a few minutes from complete (okay this blocks a builder, so you don't wanna do this too far ahead, but you should know roughly when you're going to hit that quest). Or better yet, upgrading event buildings with Royal Restoration spells counts as a building upgrade as if your current chapter level is the building level.

This level of preparation takes a fair bit of effort in the planning and execution to ensure that you stick to the critical path, but to me it's less arduous to blast through it all at the start and then just relax for the rest of the event.

In this event and other recent events the devs have been good enough to give us alternate choices for a lot of the quests. I only actually used a scout for a quest once. Scout takes 60 hours? - Gaining 15 Vision Vapor (an alternate choice for every scout quest) can be done in as little as ~6 hours, but probably more like ~12 hours on average. A lot of quests let you gain Spell Fragments instead of researching. Encounters and relics are easily done by tournament participation. Etc, etc.

OldHag

Necromancer
So now the event is over are we going to get the oppurtunity to craft artefacts to get our stonehenges' to level 10?

I currently have mine at level 9, despite having completed the horrendous quest list unless I can get that last artefact to take it too level 10 then I hardly feel like I won the 'grand prize' which leaves me feeling very dissappointed.

Piglets For All

Soothsayer
Some of the quests can indeed be annoying when in later chapters, but with a bit of planning it's still not that big of a deal. I completed the whole chain within 96 hours, without using time boosters, diamonds etc. and I was at work during the week too, so only had the evenings (too risky to use the app to collect with no hover tool-tip to confirm what I'm collecting).

I entered Constructs about two weeks before the event started, but I deliberately held off from placing the settlement (except for the portal, so that I could level it to level 4 using Portal Profit instants in the meantime), so that I had a big space for a lot of level 1 workshops and manufactories. Check the event quests list on the Elven Gems site, pre-produce as many of the 9/24/48-h productions that you can, even some 3-h if you have the space, disconnect them from your paths when complete so that you can't accidentally collect them. You can do the same with building upgrades - start the upgrade and then disconnect a few minutes from complete (okay this blocks a builder, so you don't wanna do this too far ahead, but you should know roughly when you're going to hit that quest). Or better yet, upgrading event buildings with Royal Restoration spells counts as a building upgrade as if your current chapter level is the building level.

This level of preparation takes a fair bit of effort in the planning and execution to ensure that you stick to the critical path, but to me it's less arduous to blast through it all at the start and then just relax for the rest of the event.

In this event and other recent events the devs have been good enough to give us alternate choices for a lot of the quests. I only actually used a scout for a quest once. Scout takes 60 hours? - Gaining 15 Vision Vapor (an alternate choice for every scout quest) can be done in as little as ~6 hours, but probably more like ~12 hours on average. A lot of quests let you gain Spell Fragments instead of researching. Encounters and relics are easily done by tournament participation. Etc, etc.
So, basically, you had a lot of space because you didn't build the guest race producing buildings - that's fine for a big city, but what about the tiny cities, those who are in Chapter 4 or lower, those who don't have x number of free expansions to place those extra buildings - for me it wasn't about anything but lack of space to place the buildings, and because I couldn't put multiple workshops in I could only do one set of productions at a time, so 1 day productions couldn't be prepped in advance, add in beverages, bread and advanced tools and it became a massive issue. Luckily my T1 boost is marble, but I still had to be very creative and couldn't have mutiples again to get different quests going t the same time so for the 1 day and 2 day productions, especially those larger quantities, couldn't be underway at the same time and so it took me 3 days to get through just those 2 quests.

Plus as has been said above, it was basically the same quests over and over again but just larger quantities as we went through - I'd finished the event in beta so knew exactly what to expect, knew the quest list was in Elven Gems but due to lack of space (without selling off vital buildings and sending my city growth into freefall) there was no way I would be able to get through the quests - at least the Stonehenge building and the artifacts produce plenty of spell fragments - 3000 for just one artefact, so at least they were useful for that.

pobble

Spellcaster
Reading through this thread - and a few other comments such as in the News from Beta Thread...

There are plenty of different playing styles. The "right" one is whatever is right for the player.

The stonehenge is an absolute beauty - which is wonderful for those who care about the aesthetics of their city. And so much easier to place than the set-type prizes which have a large footprint and awkward shapes. A lovely piece of design work, my compliments to the artist!

Someone in one of the threads called the henge "pants" .... I know there are players who would happily put up a 1970s brutalist style concrete tower block if it came with good stats, and that's their choice. This event had some daily prizes with really excellent stats, as a few people have said here, which should have pleased the players who go for the topmost stats as their priority.

The event also had plenty of the wishing well/carting library etc prizes which are popular with many players.

So, it held a good mix of items with something to please just about everyone. I also didn't find it too hard to complete - I'm halfway through Amuni so not much spare space for tiny builds, and I didn't prepare in advance, but I finished the quests with a couple of days to spare so it was do-able.

So I'm pleased with this event ;)