• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Summer Solstice

FieryArien

Necromancer
What was the problem, if you don’t mind me asking? Do you use spoilers (the list of quests composed by players on beta server)? I see you are chapter 12 player (elvenstats.com). Did the event hit in the middle of a guest race with not a square of free space? That could be indeed quite tough.

Paladestar

Enchanter
I just found a madman - someone who has two stage 10 Stonehenge in their city. Aside from being crazy enough to place two of a building with such terrible stats, and spending [wasting] diamonds to get both to stage 10, how on Earth did this player get two of them in the first place!? They only come from the first event quest, right, and it cannot be repeated?

EdwardTrunk

Soothsayer
I already don't want a Sharkapalooza, just because of its name. Sounds like the sort of item I'll hate. :)
Love the name, second only to Wonky Walter's which I missed out on because it was on offer before I started playing... looking forward to filling my city with sharkapaloozas to make up for it. :D

DeletedUser5093

How on Earth did this player get two of them in the first place!? They only come from the first event quest, right, and it cannot be repeated?
I think I read somewhere that if you got your stonehenge to stage 10, then the next grand prize offered was another stonehenge, then the grand prizes would follow the normal pattern, so if you got enough sunflares you would be able to get not just two stonehenges, but level them both to stage 10. Quite doable if you don't mind using a huge amount of diamonds. ;)

Timneh

Artisan
As i said earlier in this thread i found this event too much of a grind to bother with it. There were only 2 daily prizes that i wanted and i got both of themand since then i have not bothered with the event. My opinion is that events should be fun to do and this one was far from fun. In the future i will look at what prizes can be got and if they don't appeal to me i will not bother with the event.

RainbowElvira

Sorcerer
My thoughts about the event; this is from the perspective of a player at the end of the tech tree - nothing to research, long scouting times but lots of space for shanty towns. It may have been a totally different experience for other players.

Most importantly, the quests have been doable, and rather easily so. Thankfully the quest have been changed from beta. There were way too many encounters and too much MA centric quests to call it enjoyable for me. The Phoenix event was much better in that respect.

The Stonehenge building is neither good nor bad if you can evolve it to stage 8+. Some of the dailies were great though - some of the best buildings ever, or time boosters.

Still not a fan of the rotating chests, and probably never be. However I cannot complain about the overall result.

The loading screen... :confused:

The worst idea IMO, was to add sun flares to the mystical object. 37% chance to win 150 sun flares, and 37% less chance to win 500 dias or 50 KP o_O. I will have to wait until the event is over before collecting the object :(.

Another very bad idea is to change daily prizes. Please leave them as published on beta. I know that you can do that and we must not expect that the prizes remain the same, but I think a game should be fun and replacing prizes just isn't.

Summary: Great daily prizes, but considerably less fun than the Phoenix event.

DeletedUser

Love the name, second only to Wonky Walter's which I missed out on because it was on offer before I started playing... looking forward to filling my city with sharkapaloozas to make up for it. :D

Are you still missing Wonky Walters! (I'm an old friend with a new name). :)

Deleted User - 1759805

I just found a madman - someone who has two stage 10 Stonehenge in their city. Aside from being crazy enough to place two of a building with such terrible stats, and spending [wasting] diamonds to get both to stage 10, how on Earth did this player get two of them in the first place!? They only come from the first event quest, right, and it cannot be repeated?
No, the second Stonehenge comes up in the Grand Prize rotation right after you win the 9th Artifact (sufficient to evolve to L10), so you can start evolving the second one. Otherwise, subsequent Artifacts would be useless.

You can get the second Stonehenge even without diamonds if you're lucky. L10 on the second would require some diamonds.

I mean, there are players with 6x L10 Phoenixes. 2x L10 Stonehenge is nothing ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted User - 1759805

I agree with the feeling that this event was to time consuming for those of us in the later chapters, i tried quite hard but had to use up resources that would have been better spent elsewhere, and still only got half way through. i got very few of the daily prizes because i could not collect enough flowers to gain the chests. Very disappointing
There were a number of people in later chapters who completed the main quest line within a week. Without diamonds.

It's doable.

EdwardTrunk

Soothsayer
Are you still missing Wonky Walters! (I'm an old friend with a new name). :)
Yes, still pining for Wonky Walters although I should have learned by now that it's probably not smart to place buildings in your city purely on the basis of liking the name. :D Ah well, some of us never learn. Old friend with new name, eh? Do tell, by PM if preferred... enquiring minds need to know. :cool:

DeletedUser

I only started the event today and I got the Stone Henge building. I haven't had time to evolve it so I'd like to know if there will be a way to evolve it after the event or if I may as well delete it?

DeletedUser8921

There may be later opportunities to get Henge evolving buildings, but it's unlikely that there will be a lot. If you are just starting in the game and in a low chapter, probably the Henge will not be worth it for you. I have 8 evolutions and a Henge I got in chapter 3, and I'm not planning to build it. I'd wait to disenchant it until you get a quest requiring a large number of spell fragments though (or until you need the spell fragments for crafting.

EdwardTrunk

Soothsayer
I don't mind anyone knowing I'm back. I'm Rinki. :D
Welcome back... :)

I only started the event today and I got the Stone Henge building. I haven't had time to evolve it so I'd like to know if there will be a way to evolve it after the event or if I may as well delete it?
You could have my stonehenge artifacts if it was possible to transfer them as I won't be building it. I'd also gladly trade them for a sharkapalooza. :D

DeletedUser

There may be later opportunities to get Henge evolving buildings, but it's unlikely that there will be a lot. If you are just starting in the game and in a low chapter, probably the Henge will not be worth it for you. I have 8 evolutions and a Henge I got in chapter 3, and I'm not planning to build it. I'd wait to disenchant it until you get a quest requiring a large number of spell fragments though (or until you need the spell fragments for crafting.

Thanks but I didn't know much about evolving and I built it so I can't disenchant it sadly.

EdwardTrunk

Soothsayer
Lol What's a sharkapalooza?
Well there was apparently something of a cock up regarding one of the solstice daily prizes when instead of a boring old carting library being awarded as a daily prize some lucky devils found themselves the proud owner of a sharkpalooza building which we assume is a building associated with a future event. I believe Inno have subsequently morphed all the sharkapaloozas back into carting libraries now though. :(

kimkimkim

Summoner
yes, the quicker we got the sharkapaloozas, the quicker they were gone and turned into carting libraries :( ....I would have been happy to keep it for the mystery of knowing what the big, red square in my city would turn into.....

Killiak

Artisan

In the phoenix event, if you got through enough Grand Prizes, the Phoenix Egg buildings would show up again as a possible grand prize.
What you are looking at is someone who has a lot (A LOT!) of disposable income :p

DeletedUser

Well there was apparently something of a cock up regarding one of the solstice daily prizes when instead of a boring old carting library being awarded as a daily prize some lucky devils found themselves the proud owner of a sharkpalooza building which we assume is a building associated with a future event. I believe Inno have subsequently morphed all the sharkapaloozas back into carting libraries now though. :(

Aw that's bad, getting something then having it taken away!