• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Summer Solstice

DeletedUser6046

Can I have a rant about the T1 quests. People like me with steel boos need DOUBLE space for these lvl1 steel factories, compared to planks and marble... Shouldn't the number of required T1 productions be adjusted to that?

DeletedUser8158

Very disappointed in this event. It's way too hard for the newer players. Inno seem to be aiming these events at the established players now. The last one had extra quests added because the beta players thought it was too easy.

m4rt1n

Adept
Very disappointed in this event. It's way too hard for the newer players. Inno seem to be aiming these events at the established players now. The last one had extra quests added because the beta players thought it was too easy.

It's very hard for those late in the game also. 5 lots of scouting that will take me 15 days.
The last one had quests added as there were not enough to get a Phoenix fully upgraded.

Piglets For All

Soothsayer
It's very hard for those late in the game also. 5 lots of scouting that will take me 15 days.
The last one had quests added as there were not enough to get a Phoenix fully upgraded.
There aren't enough quests to get the building fully evolved this time, but there are plenty of fragments when disenchanted ;)

On Beta I leave enough room for the endless stream of events, however here I have a lvl 3 city and I have enough room for 4 workshops plus a few marble I can squeeze in and I very much doubt that I'll finish the event - lack of space, lack of enthusiasm.... just too many quests, too many tiny buildings needed for too long; its a rerun of the Easter Event and not welcomed by me in any way

DeletedUser8158

Looks like Inno messed up with this one if it's no good for new players or the advanced ones either.

DeletedUser7874

As a fairly new player (just started Dwarves and already bogged down in the granite grind) I wish they'd give us an expansion early on in the quest chain to put the building in.
I've no room for another new 4x4 thing :(

Killiak

Artisan
@Muf-Muf @Dizzy Lizzie
I have heard from several people that they received the event letter and got their 100 sunflares. So another event where I (and likely many others), despite having gone over this with support several times, do not get an event letter. Another event where Support will just say they can;t do anything for me.

Is there ever going to be a change with the event letters and you (support) actually getting the tools you need to solve these kind of continuous and terribly frustrating problems?

Sir Derf

Adept
Looks like Inno messed up with this one if it's no good for new players or the advanced ones either.
Why do some people think that every event's series of quests must be scaled the same for everyone, everytime?

Early cities have faster scouting.
Later cities have more production capacity and probably more space, pop and culture to support more temp production.

Some cities have emphasis on tourney activities; some don't.
Some cities have focus on the Magic Academy and Crafting.

Some cities have a lot of instants, some don't.

EdwardTrunk

Soothsayer
Why do some people think that every event's series of quests must be scaled the same for everyone, everytime?
That isn't what the majority of people are complaining about. Of course, some quests will be easier for some and harder for others based on a variety of factors but FIVE quests for "research 1 technology or scout 1 province" makes completing the event nigh on impossible for those who have completed constructs or are towards the end of the chapter. The same could be argued for those towards the end of some of the earlier chapters.

LazyTony

Sorcerer
The thing I like most about this event is that the useless stuff I have to craft to do the gain VV quests, I get to disenchant later for the other quests :D

Elvenar is now a circular economy just like the environmentalists want us to be :p

EdwardTrunk

Soothsayer
Looks like the first "scout 1 province or research 1 tech" quest has been modified to include "... or gain 15 vision vapour". Not sure if the other 4 similar quests will be the same but here's hoping... :D

Sir Derf

Adept

That isn't what the majority of people are complaining about. Of course, some quests will be easier for some and harder for others based on a variety of factors but FIVE quests for "research 1 technology or scout 1 province" makes completing the event nigh on impossible for those who have completed constructs or are towards the end of the chapter. The same could be argued for those towards the end of some of the earlier chapters.

And you take my generic question and supply specific instances...

Why do some people (those who completed Constructs, towards the end of the chapter, or towards the end of some of the earlier chapters) think that every event must be scaled the same for everyone (able to be completed)?

And despite that, difficult as it might seem, it is still not impossible. Scouting takes 5 days each? Time them well, spend some instants, where's the problem?

Or, you could do some crafting. Since, in this event, it would appear that 4 out of 5 "Research 1 Tech of Scout 1 Province" have a bonus third choice, "or Gain 15 Vision Vapors".

LazyTony

Sorcerer
@EdwardTrunk @Sir Derf

The option of crafting stuff to gain Vision Vapour was added mid event on beta because of exactly the complaint Edward mentioned. End of tech tree tree players might not be a majority, but I would guess they are the largest minority group, and by definition are active long term players. An event with 5 x 5 days scouting that lasts 25 days is not reasonable, hence the change. And yes, Edward, all of the other scout or tech quests have gain 15 VV added as an option too.

Killiak

Artisan
Support finally found my problem (only took a few events guys, no rush!)

It seems I am somehow 'unsubscribed', despite having all my checkboxes and mail in order. And guess what; it's not possible to subscribe again!
How in the Nine Hells of Baator is it not possible to subscribe a mailing adress to a mailing list?

Get your affairs in order Inno.

EdwardTrunk

Soothsayer
Why do some people (those who completed Constructs, towards the end of the chapter, or towards the end of some of the earlier chapters) think that every event must be scaled the same for everyone (able to be completed)?

To the best of my knowledge they don't think that every event must be scaled the same. You've simply made that up so you can win a straw man argument. What they find unreasonable is the inclusion of what was 5 specific quests likely to take 20 - 25 days on their own.

And despite that, difficult as it might seem, it is still not impossible. Scouting takes 5 days each? Time them well, spend some instants, where's the problem?

As Tony has pointed out above, 5 lots of 5 days is 25 days so your exhortation to 'time them well' is not something I can take seriously.

Or, you could do some crafting. Since, in this event, it would appear that 4 out of 5 "Research 1 Tech of Scout 1 Province" have a bonus third choice, "or Gain 15 Vision Vapors".

Added as an afterthought by Inno, which I was obviously unaware of at the time of my post, as were others, and absolutely supports my original complaint.

DeletedUser8921

This is my second event in Elvenar. The evolution of the phoenix event was the first. Maybe it is because everything was fresh and exciting before, or maybe there is some real difference, but this event "feels" like a lot more of a grind than the previous event, even though I'm reasonably successful at completing the quests. (At quest 25 on the third day, and I don't see huge barriers to completing the entire questline.)

Maybe it is because I don't really care about getting the grand prizes. The Stonehenge building is not as exciting as the phoenix, especially in earlier chapters. The lack of a feeding effect or other special power is a big downside. For me in chapter III, I have to ask not only is this building worth it now, but is this building worth investing RRs in over its lifetime so that it grows with me? I have to answer no to that one.

I was jazzed by the phoenix event and really looking forward to and planning for another event, but so far I just feel ... meh.

DeletedUser8637

So what is the point of this event? Very poor prizes, and once again, long tasks when there are only 28 days for the whole thing. Take a whole day to build some supplies? What planet are you on??

Novice????? How dare you.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sir Derf

Adept
To the best of my knowledge they don't think that every event must be scaled the same. You've simply made that up so you can win a straw man argument. What they find unreasonable is the inclusion of what was 5 specific quests likely to take 20 - 25 days on their own.
I admit my every's were hyperbolic, and so could be straw-man-y. So let's look at your specific issue. Why is it unreasonable for this event, which lasts 25-ish days (June 4-June 29), to contain 5 specific quests that, for highly advanced players, can nominally take about 25 days to complete? Why is it unreasonable for highly advanced players to not be able to complete all the quests in time before this event ends? Why is it unreasonable for some players to not be able to complete all the quests in this event? Why?

As Tony has pointed out above, 5 lots of 5 days is 25 days so your exhortation to 'time them well' is not something I can take seriously.
If I was straw-manning, then you are also misrepresenting, as you left out the second half of my suggestion...

Time them well, spend some instants, where's the problem?

Plan ahead and start the scouting ahead of time while you are working on enough of the earlier quests, multitasking as best you can (i.e., "Time them well") and use some time boosts to finish up if/when the scouting quest is your last bottleneck ("i.e., "spend some instants"). The typical method for progressing through these events. How is this not serious? Don't have enough time boosts? Look into crafting some, maybe even for finishing an appropriate quest. Or try winning some in the event. Again, where's the problem? Or, you could use diamonds...

Sir Derf

Adept
*Edit - apologies, editor spaces differently than display, columns looked nicer, not gonna clean-up*

Solstice Quests:

What Time Max
5 T1 3h 15 h 15
5 T1 9h 45 h 13
5 T1 24h 5 d 12
3 T1 48h 6 d 9
------ ---
13.5 d 15

Is this unreasonable for those with limited Manufactories?

3 W 5m 15 m 23
3 W 15m 45 m 19
5 W 1h 5 h 19
5 W 3h 15 h 13
5 W 9h 45 h 15
5 W 24h 5 d 11
------ ---
7.75 d 23

Is this unreasonable for those with limited Workshops?

6 Quests ask for a total of 26 Enchantments without other options. Is this unreasonable for those with limited Magic Academy abilities, or relics?

7 Quests ask for a total of 33 Combining Catalysts (gained and/or spent, with other options) in addition to the above Enchantments. How about now?