• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Summer Solstice

Pauly7

Magus
Adding a single KP to the building, from lvl 7 upwards, still does not make it worth the space it occupies.

Yes, it has great art and looks good in a village. Stat-wise, it is still 'meh' at most.
I've started to come around on this building since the start. The stats are still a bit underwhelming, but I decided to build it a) because I like how it looks, but b) I think that for a 16 tile building it's now worth it on level 10. Sure doubling the tools output would be needed for it to match up to a Phoenix, but I weighed up the pros and cons and decided that the population + mana + tools + seeds + 4KP does still add up to being more valuable square for square if you compare it against having residences, workshops, mana producing buildings and more.

Pauly7

Magus
It would certainly be more beneficial to reduce stonehenge from 48hr to 24 hr production....2 days to wait for small rewards is crap. its the reason i dont have any phoenix buildings too.:oops::(
The Fire Phoenix has a fantastic output for me, though I will agree it is frustrating to have to wait 2 days for the prizes to drop out.

Paladestar

Enchanter
"Stonehenge" at maximum level and maximum evolution has a combined population and culture budget of 349 per square [budget per square = (population + (culture / 2)) / squares]. "The Cozy Farm" (daily prize on final day of the event) by contrast has a budget of 648 per square - almost double. So ignoring the active benefits of Stonehenge, its passive stats are utterly terrible! The active bonuses are a drop in the ocean too for most players with well-organised cities. I personally don't need a tiny amount of extra mana, seeds and tools. The KP gain is a very small, almost negligible, fraction of total weekly KP for people properly taking part in tournaments.

I still won't be placing this 'junk' building, which is a pity as it's very pretty.

DeletedUser8921

As a mostly f2p player in a lower chapter diligently doing quests (I am on 102 and should finish the sequential handily as well as dailies), it seems unlikely I could evolve this beyond level 7. So I'd be left with 16 squares of something that produces what will quickly become a negligible amount of supplies along with the occasional knowledge point and a tiny bit of culture and population. Unlike my fire phoenix, which at least has a feeding effect and produces coin rains that I can either use or disenchant to craft with, I don't see this as being worth spending RRs to upgrade. Maybe if I were in a chapter that is high enough for it to produce seeds or at least mana it would be worth doing, but I just don't see its benefits for someone in a lower chapter.

Pauly7

Magus
"Stonehenge" at maximum level and maximum evolution has a combined population and culture budget of 349 per square [budget per square = (population + (culture / 2)) / squares]. "The Cozy Farm" (daily prize on final day of the event) by contrast has a budget of 648 per square - almost double. So ignoring the active benefits of Stonehenge, its passive stats are utterly terrible! The active bonuses are a drop in the ocean too for most players with well-organised cities.
If you are one of these people that has zero standard residences and workshops in favour of all the best event buildings then well done and I will concede that you may be right, (I'm not gonna do the maths), but Stonehenge on level 10 will be worth almost as much population alone as your highest level standard residence, so if you have any of those then it should be a no-brainer when you factor in the tools, mana and everything else.

DeletedUser7753

I have not read through all the previous threads, so I am probably saying lots which has already been said on this, from what I have seen of the Henge, while undoubtedly beautiful in it's fully evolved stage, it is not worth the hassle this event has cause! I have quit the event in two of my five cities and will likely quit in two more! This event has cost me to much in time and resources to even think about going further! General chat in my FS is it is the worst one ever! It has gone on to long, and cost far to much and the prize is just not worth it! I am in Orcs now, and I have a chapter 3 snow owls set, I wouldn't replace with it...I get 3 kp in 24 hours from the owls, as well as the supplies and coin....4 kp every 48 hours does not make the henge appealing at all!!! Events are supposed to be fun and I know some complained the last one was to easy...I found it easy, but this one has gone the other way :( draining on time, space and resources, and a few of my fellows have commented that they thought perhaps the game makers were trying to chase out nickle and dime players in favour of the premium ones..but I got to tell you, at the price of diamonds, if I was a premium player, without a golden abyss, I'd be struggling too...a challenge..yep I am up for it.....a down right drain, not so much! And this has been a drain on resources worse than an FA!! I personally would like to see events go on for no longer than 2 weeks, this way it is a challenge and not a detriment to city development :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser8921

@Pauly7 I was speaking of using (or in my case not being willing to use) Royal Restoration spells (which I gain from tournament chests) in order to upgrade the henge building to match my progress through game chapters, such that for example it will produce mana when I get to the chapter where I need mana. I wasn't speaking of the evolution instants that are gained in the event.

DeletedUser7472

No one seems to take into account the fact that every stonehenge artifact gives 3000 spell fragments if disenchanted (assuming lvl 5 magic academy). That can be a huge opportunity cost if you craft often.

My plan is to keep the artifacts with the hope of being able to use them to max my fire phoenix. In case that doesn't happen I can always disenchant them for a huge payout, so I won't feel so bad for not having a Stonehenge in my city.

FieryArien

Necromancer
For those interested in Portal Profits: today’s prize is Trading Outpost. If you were following spoilers from beta (I did), you’d expect Observatory today. It has been changed.

Souki

Adventurer
Far too many quests that take 1 or even 2 days to complete. Is this a game for rich players that can afford to buy diamonds on a daily basis? I did like these events in the past, but this one is destroying the hope to complete the quests in time from the very first day on. You certainly are ruining it for me.

Pauly7

Magus
I haven't used diamonds on this quest, I haven't looked up the quests in advance, except a couple of times when I've accidentally run into them and tomorrow I'll complete the last quest. My scouting time is about 2 days 4 hrs so that doesn't do me any favours.

Admittedly I've used up quite a lot of time reducing instants, mostly those saved up from the previous event because so many were given out then, plus I spent most of the month with two squares of free land to build little workshops, but no stresses finishing it at my own pace.

Deleted User - 1759805

Far too many quests that take 1 or even 2 days to complete. Is this a game for rich players that can afford to buy diamonds on a daily basis? I did like these events in the past, but this one is destroying the hope to complete the quests in time from the very first day on. You certainly are ruining it for me.
It is certainly possible to complete the whole main questline within a week without spending any money if:
a) if you burn some time instants from previous events, or
b) if you look at the quest list from beta in advance and do some prep work - no meaningful amounts of time boosters are required in this case

DeletedUser7324

In Ch14 with 74h scouts a fully upgraded Stonehenge is just slightly better than a level 6 Tome of Secrets, so really not that brilliant but I love how it looks so have built it.
Yeah it looks good... I would like to build it in Arendyl because that's my "relax" city but I don't have enough evolutions there yet to fully evolve it (anything less won't do) and it doesn't look great right now. Once done with the big quest the small daily quests just don't bring enough flares. Four days to wait to open a 142 chest hoping to win more flares... In Felyn however where I don't want to build it I have 10 evolutions and an extra Stonehenge, all food for disenchantment o_O

Lelanya

Mentor
Wow Martin nice!!!
So yesterday was a pleasant surprise, the trading Outpost is ALWAYS worth making space. But I was looking forward to watering my thirsty herd at the Rocky Enclosure and now I am disappointed to see it's unavailable.
I would be remiss if I didn't point out that many Elvenar players will be VERY upset if the Black Lotus or Venar's Rocks 3 were substituted as well. I sincerely hope that these last minute changes are over.
This event has been a long slog with more yet in store, too. The window of those who can finish is narrow enough at this point

Last edited:

Pauly7

Magus
I would be remiss if I didn't point out that many Elvenar players will be VERY upset if the Black Lotus or Venar's Rocks 3 were substituted as well. I sincerely hope that these last minute changes are over.
I agree as I made spaces already to put a Venar's Rock III and a Glossy Garden. So yeah, that would be so annoying.... That being said I do also realise that there is no guarantee of Beta translating exactly to Live and Inno don't publicise any advanced lists.

Paladestar

Enchanter
I don't like this. If the buildings are changed from the beta how are we supposed to plan!? The building I want is on the last day of the event, if that is switched to something else that is no good for me, then I'm totally screwed as it's too late to choose anything else by then!

I bust my hump to finish all the quests in the first three days so that I had my Sun Flares ready and waiting to go for the building I originally wanted, then I saw a different building pop up on beta, so ignored my original choice and was going to wait for it instead, then I saw Cozy Farm pop up on the last day and decided to wait for it. If they switch it out now, that's the classic bait and switch and I'll be mightily annoyed!