• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Summer Mermaids

• Thread starter DeletedUser3097
  • Start date

DeletedUser8921

I have just confirmed by crafting an EE in my magic academy (crafting, not producing) that crafted enchantments DO satisfy the Gain 6 Enchantment Items quest, while crafted pet food does not.

m4rt1n

Adept
As an event goes, I came out with about the same as a normal event, ok I couldn't plan as much and had a premature end due to province quests and starting with 10 scouted, and 4 day scouts eventually ran out, but 6 spare Artifacts to disenchant after building the Mermaid to level 10 isn't a bad outcome.
Maybe in future the random element could be adjusted somewhat following all the feedback I have read here.
To sum up, the event cost me nothing to play and I have won buildings, time boosters and other boosters, so despite my earlier frustration, a nice outcome, thank you. :)

C-Nymph

Necromancer
These are the proportions I am seeing currently, I will post an update at the end of the event.

I promised you all an update after the event. So here goes:

After a total of 1944 quest entries within the 64 coral cycle, these are the ratios of the quests we encountered:
2019-08-30_4-33-42.jpg

While in the beginning of our data gathering most quests switched a few times between <50% and >50%, and in the end all neared 50% more and more, the 'Complete 2 provinces' quest has never been <50%. Same goes for the 'Scout/upgrade' quest. For those quests, the balance was always way off... This only goes to show that the devs really don't want us to stop scouting...

For those interested, these are the individual ratios:
2019-08-30_4-35-27.jpg
As you can see, some were a little luckier than others with the type of quests they encountered ;)

Really glad I figured out the pattern after the first three cycles though, since it has helped our group and fellowship tremendously in order to plan ahead! Anyone still saying this event was random really need to take another look at these numbers :p

Last edited:

C-Nymph

Necromancer
I've managed to get 4 Mermaids and am currently working on the last chain of pearls to get the last artifact to upgrade all 4 Mermaids to stage 10. And am working on the 8th artifact for the 3rd mermaid in my other city

Finished the event with 5 Mermaids and 44 artifacts in one city and 5 Mermaids and 37 artifacts in the other... I'd say that's a nice haul :D Looking forward to having a lot more space in my cities after I replace the T1 manu's and delete the then unnecessary residences ;) :cool:

Last edited:

DeletedUser

Anyone still saying this event was random really need to take another look at these numbers :p

Maybe not so random, but this only goes for the 64 corals questline, the part before that was random as hell. And I still got a problem with it as it is not a fair distribution among players, somewhat for player 5 but a lot for player 6 in your list, that one was very unlucky in my opinion compared to the rest. And this unfair distribution was worse in the line-up from the start to the 64 quest line imho.

Thank you for figuring this out and for showing us the numbers, very helpful and appreciated :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser6357

how do you know? has this been confirmed? is there a pattern i'm missing?

Logical assumption.

Because of the event building that provides resources, the game is currently overcrowded with T3 resources.
Which cannot be traded with T1 or T2 at any exchange rate.
The next event will be a award-winning T2 resource building.
Inno are trying to balance what they have destroyed - normal trading of resources.
But putting into use buildings like the Mermaid, which give all three types of resources a category, will completely kill the trade between players.
The game is overflowing with buildings - single and in sets, that give "next" to the boosted resource, after the middle of the chapters this resource is T3.
With more such buildings in one city, the yield of the "next" resource is greater than the yield of the usual T3 manufactories.

C-Nymph

Necromancer
And I still got a problem with it as it is not a fair distribution among players, somewhat for player 5 but a lot for player 6 in your list, that one was very unlucky in my opinion compared to the rest.

That is exactly why I posted the sample size (amount of quests provider to me per player), which you obviously didn't notice.
With a sample size of 20 quests, the distribution for player 6 will always seem unfair, because if the ratio is 50:50, it’s only still a chance that you get a certain quest in a certain cycle. They probably had a better ratio in the end but they just didn’t provide me the continued list of quests. Hence why you always need to look at the bigger picture. The more quests, the more you’ll see the numbers move towards 50:50.

DeletedUser

which you obviously didn't notice.

Yes I did notice, thats why it is unfair. As you can not expect all players to do so many rounds. On average one could assume that a player would like to win 1 completely upgraded Paradise. And as I have seen in my own FS with players getting the 'unfair' threatment they would not advance much anyway because of it.
So of course it will even out with hundreds of quests, but you should see how the distribution is for 1 upgraded Paradise. And then you will see how 'unfair' it really was, or not.

Thus, in my opinion, you should look at the smaller, average player, picture.

C-Nymph

Necromancer
Yes I did notice, thats why it is unfair. As you can not expect all players to do so many rounds. On average one could assume that a player would like to win 1 completely upgraded Paradise. And as I have seen in my own FS with players getting the 'unfair' threatment they would not advance much anyway because of it.
So of course it will even out with hundreds of quests, but you should see how the distribution is for 1 upgraded Paradise. And then you will see how 'unfair' it really was, or not.

Thus, in my opinion, you should look at the smaller, average player, picture.

I see your point and I agree that indeed, not all players (maybe even the majority) will do so many rounds. So in that regard the fact that it would be up to RNG which quest you get instead of a set order of sequence, could turn out to be unfair, if you are unlucky and pull the difficult quests out of the random hat.
But by doing less quests, that means you have more time per quest to fulfill the demand of the quest, so maybe that evens it out? Since the duration of the event is the same for everyone... With large players mainly restricted by time (longer scouting time x amount of scout-related quests, including the complete 2 provs quest) and smaller players mainly restricted by resources/space maybe?

PS Sorry for my choice of words "which you obviously didn't notice", could've (should've) gone for a more friendly approach there. I was very tired when I wrote that. Not an excuse to be harsh, but it is a reason why those words came out. So my apologies.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

could've (should've) for a more friendly approach there

No worries, all fine :D

But by doing less quests, that means you have more time per quest to fulfill the demand of the quest, so maybe that evens it out?

In my opinion no, it doesn't even out. As it hurts the progress compared to the players that draw the lucky card and thus get less far. Even if they can complete the Paradise it ultimately hurts them in all fields too. Winning other prozes like the boosters, KP, dailies etc

Which quest are a good or bad draws depends per player, that is hard to say. What is certain to say is that the odd one out could get a difficult time and win (far) less and that in my opinion is unfair. As the hurdle can be too high to get over before it starts to even out.

It would be better to have a fixed number of each and just shuffle them, that way everyone will get the same quests, just at different times. It would be fair and still sort of random with the 100+ questline

Killiak

Artisan
You aren't going to get anywhere with this discussion unless you grab the data from a whole load more people from the entire event. Fairness was achieved here by giving everybody a chance to get lucky, this was how the event was set up.

Also, I very much doubt the quest-lines before the 64-coral were truly random. Thing is, we didn't STAY in those long enough to be able to see the pattern.

People are going to wind up on either side of the distribution here, and true fairness would only be achieved by just handing everybody a lvl 10 Mermaid if they participated.

DeletedUser

You aren't going to get anywhere with this discussion unless you grab the data from a whole load more people from the entire event.
How so? We already know we had the odd one out on several occaisions, Voicing that this is not so nice to do from the Devs is better than sitting quiet in a corner. A chance to get lucky has nothing to do with fairness.

Killiak

Artisan
How so? We already know we had the odd one out on several occaisions, Voicing that this is not so nice to do from the Devs is better than sitting quiet in a corner. A chance to get lucky has nothing to do with fairness.

I was talking about your discussion with C-Nymph.
Voicing that this was "not so nice" has obviously been done, and is being done.

Paladestar

Enchanter
I promised you all an update after the event. So here goes:

After a total of 1944 quest entries within the 64 coral cycle, these are the ratios of the quests we encountered:
View attachment 3909
While in the beginning of our data gathering most quests switched a few times between <50% and >50%, and in the end all neared 50% more and more, the 'Complete 2 provinces' quest has never been <50%. Same goes for the 'Scout/upgrade' quest. For those quests, the balance was always way off... This only goes to show that the devs really don't want us to stop scouting...

You could have just opened the developer tools on your browser and looked at the response JSON when the quests are given, the probability of the quest being given is in the data that is returned, it's just not displayed in the game's interface. :p

DeletedUser8632

You could have just opened the developer tools on your browser and looked at the response JSON when the quests are given, the probability of the quest being given is in the data that is returned, it's just not displayed in the game's interface. :p

Thats super helpful, now that the event is over.

C-Nymph

Necromancer
But where is the fun in that? Or feeling of accomplishment for that matter...
And indeed, as @tesla333 said; if you knew this all along, why on earth did you not help out other players by sharing this info (and the numbers) sooner?