• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Summer Mermaids

• Thread starter DeletedUser3097
  • Start date

DeletedUser3671

It's not that I don't want to help. But how do you think it will help more now? The pattern is known.
Or do you really believe they don't have RNG selecting 'randomly' from the two possible quests, but that it really follows a set pattern, which is the same for everyone? I highly doubt that. That is much more work than just letting an RNG randomly select quests in a somewhat set order (A1 or A2, then B1 or B2, then C1 or C2, etc).
You just do what you want and i do mine. I know there's a pattern :) And if you don't want to share, then fine.

C-Nymph

Necromancer
You just do what you want and i do mine. I know there's a pattern :) And if you don't want to share, then fine.
I'm not trying to be non-cooperative ;) But since the data I collected comes from multiple players, it's not only up to me to decide to share the data. I'll see what I can do.

DeletedUser3671

I'm not trying to be non-cooperative ;) But since the data I collected comes from multiple players, it's not only up to me to decide to share the data. I'll see what I can do.
Thank you for that :)

I don't need the names. It's just the numbers(meaning the number the quest has on your list, mine are different) and order of the quests. Nothing more.

Deleted User - 67582

I assume that this thread is about Summer Mermaids... Hope so.... Would just like to add my thoughts as a daily but not addicted player. I have 2 cities, one only in level V. In this particular event I haven't a hope in hell of a chance of completing the 10 (+10) goals and wonder what are the aims of the makers. It seems that if you are not totally addicted to playing or willing to spend real money to achieve the goals then you will get relatively nowhere. It is this mercenary and time consuming aspect of the game that made me give up for several months.

I am quite happy to plod along, but it does get frustrating, when you are trying to make headway in quests, that it is going to take 2+ days to complete a single task for 52ish corals... I thought the game is meant to be fun... not a chore.

Anyway, I've said my piece, though not as I originally intended.

DeletedUser9204

Dear all,

This is the first time I've been here, even though that I already at chapter 14.
After more than one year played this game, I found some thing not fair...

I am a Human with Plank as my T1 boost
so my T1 boost building is 2x2 space, it's doubled than a Human with Marble, an Elf with either Plank or Marble...
their T1 boost only 1x2 or 2x1, much smaller than mine.

I need double space than them to get the same rewards...
for some times, it means I can't get the final rewards as I didn't have enough space to build enough boosted T1 building.

I would suggest 2 way to fix this unfair condition

1. no longer using boosted T1 as terms to finish event quests, all T1 are good.

2. change all T1 building as 1x2 or 2x1 for level 1, both Human and Elf.

thanks for your read
and hope this unfair issue will be fixed ASAP.

BR,
Charry Wang from Taiwan

Last edited by a moderator:

C-Nymph

Necromancer

Deleted User - 495278

Whilst I like the random quest element, it would be nice if the quests timed out and changed after a day or two if for what ever reason you could not or did not want to do that particular quest. As it is, if you get one, its event over. I think it would be better if you just lost some time and therefore acquiring some event resources rather than losing interest in the whole thing. It might also even the playing field for those with longer search times for provinces, just a thought.

RainbowElvira

Sorcerer
Since I stopped doing the quests, this is my final feedback about the event. This time we had random, endless quests. Of course, some of the quests were meant to stop you somewhere. For me, those were the "complete 2 provinces" quests, but there are others too, like "gain vision vapor" and "gain spell fragments" for low level MA, or "upgrade 2 buildings to level 16+" for early chapters. So it's not really endless, but you have to give up at some point in mid-event which deprives you of the feeling of success. The point of giving up can be sooner or later, depending on how lucky you are in the random quest lottery.

The random quest system introduces another level of randomness. It was announced that this system would provide equal difficulty for everyone, but this is clearly not the case. There have not been spoilers this time, no planning ahead - simply clutter your city with level 1 manufactories - the more the better, add some workshops and call this a strategy... just boring.

The new quest system made this event the least satisfying one for me.

On the other hand, I got many useful prizes, so sitting out the events is not a viable solution for me. I will be doing them, but the fun has drained.

EdwardTrunk

Soothsayer
Since I stopped doing the quests, this is my final feedback about the event. This time we had random, endless quests. Of course, some of the quests were meant to stop you somewhere. For me, those were the "complete 2 provinces" quests, but there are others too, like "gain vision vapor" and "gain spell fragments" for low level MA, or "upgrade 2 buildings to level 16+" for early chapters. So it's not really endless, but you have to give up at some point in mid-event which deprives you of the feeling of success. The point of giving up can be sooner or later, depending on how lucky you are in the random quest lottery.

The random quest system introduces another level of randomness. It was announced that this system would provide equal difficulty for everyone, but this is clearly not the case. There have not been spoilers this time, no planning ahead - simply clutter your city with level 1 manufactories - the more the better, add some workshops and call this a strategy... just boring.

The new quest system made this event the least satisfying one for me.

On the other hand, I got many useful prizes, so sitting out the events is not a viable solution for me. I will be doing them, but the fun has drained.

This post in its entirety pretty much sums up my feelings about the event too.

C-Nymph

Necromancer
There have not been spoilers this time, no planning ahead - simply clutter your city with level 1 manufactories - the more the better, add some workshops and call this a strategy... just boring.

Apparently you just didn't look for the spoilers because they were there! Both ElvenGems website, Platinum Leaf on FB and the (beta)forum(s) have given lots of spoilers. I was able to plan ahead and prep most things for the first couple of quest rotations in advance. You of course never really knew which quest exactly was coming, but you had a small list of options what the quests could be and could plan accordingly to have some of those prepared. I must say I was in luck that I was in between chapters, that helped a lot. My other city was stuck in a chapter the first 1/3 of the event, which meant a major delay. However, I did manage to catch up there eventually...

So although the 2 provinces quest has finally led me to a halt, I have enjoyed the event very much so far, I've managed to get 4 Mermaids and am currently working on the last chain of pearls to get the last artifact to upgrade all 4 Mermaids to stage 10 (working on the 8th artifact for the 3rd mermaid in my other city that got delayed by being stuck in a chapter). On top of that, I've had a lot (LOT) of extras from all the shell-clicking. So yes, it has been frustrating at times, and I am really bothered that I got stuck now, but I would enjoy an event like this again in the future I think...

This doesn't take away that I have some objections, but they are mainly balance-related. This event has pushed me to complete >10% of all provinces I have ever completed since I started playing in January of 2016. That is insane. Especially as Inno wants us to slow down on the scouting :O
This is mostly due to the 'Complete 2 provinces' quest, since >60% of that set (complete 2 provs vs spend 40 kp in an AW) for me turned out to be 'complete 2 provinces'. But also the encounters quest contributed massively to that number of completed/scouted provinces. The scout quest I've mostly been able to dodge by building and upgrading planks buildings to lvl 16 and use those to complete those quests. Although I sometimes chose to rush a scout instead because I knew another 'complete 2 provinces' quest would be right around the corner anyway. Other than that, the simple tools/beverages/spend kp/recruit units/gain spell fragments quests were easy-peasy for me. The manufactory quests were of moderate difficulty for me, since I am steel boosted and sometimes struggled to have the right amounts of productions 'ready to go'. The 6 enchantments and 15 vision vapour were more towards 'high' than 'moderate' difficulty, depending on whether there was a tourney to get enchantments from and whether the recipe in the crafter was any good. These were also potential delay-quests...

So no, I'm not 100% positive on this event and the way the endless quests work, but I am more positive than negative I guess :rolleyes: ;)

Last edited:

DeletedUser3671

The "Gain 6 spells" is quite easy - use the 26 and 28 corals chest for that. Bad luck on the 85 does the trick too ;-)

C-Nymph

Necromancer
True, if you have coral to take shells, that is a very good option. I have in fact used that a couple times. Would rather use the 85 shell for that though, would rather not click the 28 (or the 26 even) ;)

DeletedUser3671

True, if you have coral to take shells, that is a very good option. I have in fact used that a couple times. Would rather use the 85 shell for that though, would rather not click the 28 (or the 26 even) ;)
Well, as i'm a cater/negotiator i have come to like the 28 corals a great deal. The 26 is good for the 20 KP instant limit, gathering KP's for the 30 KP and 40 KP quest.

What about the numbers on the quests ?

DeletedUser8483

Loving the event so far but it caused me to overscout. I scouted and completed over 50+ provinces and have my 6th Mermaid Paradise. Too bad I will not use or place it... :(

Sir Derf

Adept
So although the 2 provinces quest has finally led me to a halt, I have enjoyed the event very much so far, I've managed to get 4 Mermaids and am currently working on the last chain of pearls to get the last artifact to upgrade all 4 Mermaids to stage 10 (working on the 8th artifact for the 3rd mermaid in my other city that got delayed by being stuck in a chapter).

Good Lord! Nearly 4 fully evolved Mermaids?!?!

This doesn't take away that I have some objections, but they are mainly balance-related. This event has pushed me to complete >10% of all provinces I have ever completed since I started playing in January of 2016. That is insane. Especially as Inno wants us to slow down on the scouting :O
This is mostly due to the 'Complete 2 provinces' quest, since >60% of that set (complete 2 provs vs spend 40 kp in an AW) for me turned out to be 'complete 2 provinces'.

17+1+17+1+17+1+16 = 70 Grand Prizes. Estimating from Optimum Chest Strategy, that would have required about 30,000 corals.

Now, you might have been using diamonds, but given that you're saying you cleared a lot of Provinces, i'm minimizing that; let's assume no diamonds. The first 136 quests, before the repeating cycle of 64's, totals 7,140. Let's round up to 10,000, with map pickups, e-mail, etc, leaving 20,000. That would be 312.5 64-coral quests, for a total of 448 quests. 312.5 64's would be 31 rounds of the 10 quest cycle. 50/50 each pass would be 15 "Complete 2 Provinces" in the 64's, for 30 Provinces. And that's not counting Encounters, or Provinces and encounters in the first 136 quests. Does this approximate your experience?

I'm not sure that it is a valid assessment to claim that "This event has pushed me to..." this level of performance. While the game both hypothetically, and, as you have demonstrated, practically allows this outcome (and more), I think your province-clearing tally was more a result of you running way faster than any pushing that this event was doing.

Congratulations?

Pauly7

Magus
That would be 312.5 64-coral quests, for a total of 448 quests. 312.5 64's would be 31 rounds of the 10 quest cycle. 50/50 each pass would be 15 "Complete 2 Provinces" in the 64's, for 30 Provinces. And that's not counting Encounters, or Provinces and encounters in the first 136 quests. Does this approximate your experience?
Don't forget free corals. For e.g. I found the Phoenix event easier than most because I had a crazy run of good luck picking up 500 corals from the 142 chest. I think I hit it 5 times in a session, which made a big difference.

4 Mermaids... 6 Mermaids... that does seem like an awful lot. I've actually opened up a fair bit of free space now (nearly 4 squares worth) and I've been playing the event quite diligently. Currently I am holding about 14 (I think) Mermaid artifacts and I've won two of the Mermaids buildings, one of which is now sold.

I am sure it is possible, as stated above, but the scouting has hit me hard, so this must have had a crazy map effect on those doing four times as much.

Killiak

Artisan
Use corals to get time instants; scout like a madman; quest like a madman

Rinse, repeat. Doing exactly that which Inno said we shouldn't do; scout and complete.

In terms of T1 production, a Mermaid outstrips any T1 manufactory, gives culture and pop to boot, AND gives a bit of kp every day. If there are prizes like that, people (myself included) will aim high and grind it out.

Pauly7

Magus
Use corals to get time instants; scout like a madman; quest like a madman

Rinse, repeat. Doing exactly that which Inno said we shouldn't do; scout and complete.
Yeah I'd imagine a lot of time instants to get all the scouting done. I decided not to do that as I was only playing this event to get the time instants. When I found myself using some of them to do more quests I had to check myself because it was defeating the object.