• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Summer Mermaids

• Thread starter DeletedUser3097
  • Start date

DeletedUser8409

Maybe, but it generally needs some chunky culture (or hybrid) buildings. For most of the game I had very few if any of those - culture would be produced by roads, AWs, guest race buildings (none of these works with EE) - and then a bunch of tiny event buildings that would produce mana/seeds etc. I rarely see NH on 2x2 buildings (though it happens) ;)

And going from 100% to 175% needs a lot of buffing...
Going from 125% to 175% would need 10 EE spells. And that's assuming you can't raise it naturally.

EE spells don't work of course if you're under 125%.

DeletedUser7971

I am looking to produce "Vision Vapour" can anyone help, I thought that by disenchanting an item would produce it but it appears that it doesn't.

DeletedUser8632

That would be pretty impossible to achieve in mid-game for any remotely efficient city (once past Woodelves). If you're running on barebones culture, there is no way to ramp it up to 175% as requirements for that are massive. It's not like building 20+ L1 farm.

The 175% culture bonus would be close to impossible for early-stage cities that don't have event buildngs or access to any culture buildings that can be given neighborly help. (None available until Flying Boat.)

Lol, guys... this was a "5 idea in 1 minute" exercise. Of course, not being a high-level player myself I can only go by what I think is "tedious but doable" for both low level players and players at my size. (if you really have problems getting 175% in the first 4 chapters you must be missing something)

Point is: I think with a bit of brainstorming it would be possible to come up with reasonable but challenging quests.

Thezza

Spellcaster
This might have been covered..cannot be bothered to go through the whole thread..since my rant about upgrading 2 buildings to lvl 14, found out that apparently if you use Royal Restoration spells to upgrade 2 hybrid buildings then that works!!! Who knew!!! lol

Thezza

Spellcaster
Thankfully I had only got 2 buildings to lvl 4 when someone told me about the RR spells..stopped me smashing my laptop lol

Killiak

Artisan
This might have been covered..cannot be bothered to go through the whole thread..since my rant about upgrading 2 buildings to lvl 14, found out that apparently if you use Royal Restoration spells to upgrade 2 hybrid buildings then that works!!! Who knew!!! lol

Yes, but only if you upgrade them to chapter 14 .

DeletedUser7968

just want to say I really really HATE these random quests, not being able to plan ahead is frustrating and stressful, getting a 9 hour questand having to wait until the next day to collect, then collecting and getting a 1 day quest ...means whole days when you can't do anything ...just because you can't plan ahead

Jaxom

Alchemist
I am now stuck on the SECOND 2-day goods production quest that I have received in the 57-corals section. Do you really expect me to use time instants to get through these things? I haven't yet seen a daily prize worth taking a chance on. I will wait for the time instant dailies and get as many as I can.

The random quests are very frustrating, even when you have some space to put up workshops and T1 buildings to make things. You can try to setup in advance for things but if you guess wrong you have to reset. And if you miss on the 1-day and 2-day and upgrades, well you sit for a day or more. Getting two 2-day quests close together is ridiculous.

The rewards just don't warrant the effort for advanced players. The buildings are just too similar and the evolving building for this event is worthless. Once you get into sentient goods who needs more Tier 1?

Julian

Sorcerer
my personal favorite is having an 'event island' where you can build factories and workshops and whatever you need. This evens out the playing field for everyone aswell, small big and diamond players since the island has the same size for everyone. And you dont have to limit it to workshops/factories, they can make event buildings specifically. Those island would also be there for FSA in my perfect elvenar.

Love the idea of an event island. Would level the playing field for everyone, removing the problems for steel producers and late-chapter players. Also a new environment, starting afresh each time would bring a new dimension to the game.

DeletedUser7968

I like that idea :) then when the event ends all the buildings on it cou be sent to your inventory for you to put on your main island or recycle as you wish ...leaving the island empty for the next event ...a fair approach for everyone

Sir Derf

Adept
Okay, so is this island the only area the event can draw from? If not, then this is obviously not fair for everyone; it gives a leg up to players without the room to build temps, but for people with the room, it gives them MORE room. You can compete faster, they can complete faster-er. If so, then the challenge of the event partially disappears. Everyone can build the same temps, make the same preparations.

I really don't think you can make an event that is equally finishable by all with a single premade set of quests. There would have to either be multiple questlines geared for different circumstances, or adaptive questlines that adjust to your actual city.

Or, INNO and players need to abandon the concept that everyone can do everything.

DeletedUser7968

I give up on this horrible random approach ...it is just wasting everybody's time ... what's wrong with knowing what the next quest will be ?

DeletedUser8632

This is a preliminary feedback in the official feedback thread of the event. This is gathered from 3 cities and 3 Fellowships:

Taking into account comparable players (= players who spent around the same time in the game and are comparable in abilities), this is a quick summary of the "highlights" of this event:

1. Collected corals range between 1400 to 6000+ for comparable players. The only difference in their performance is the quests they are getting offered. I am explicitly excluding players who use diamonds to finish productions from this (there are several which are beyond 10K corals now)
2. I know of players who have been stuck in the 48 coral bracket for the third day now because they received the "research or upgrade" quests 4 times (so far). I also know of players who are in the higher brackets now and never had this quest.
3. Several lower level players are stuck in the 42/48 coral bracket because they constantly get offered a combination of "Vision Vapor" and "Spell Fragments" quests. This one personally pains me the most. As a fellowship we try to encourage new players and give them all the help they need. But right now they are forced to open chests, hoping they get a daily price or spells they can disenchant (instead of something they can actually use!) to advance, just to be stopped again by a quest that asks them to craft stuff they don't need just to get vision vapor.
4. Everybody with 2x2 L1 factories is struggling to cope with the production quests. People with 1x2 factories are on average about 1000 corals ahead of players with 2x2 factories simply because more often than not the 2x2 players can't accommodate for repeating production quests. This escalates especially in the 57 coral bracket.
5. I'm guessing here but I think at least half a dozen high level players have given up on the event by now (Completing provinces is a huge issue as well as the comparatively weak grand prize). Here is why I am explicitly bringing this up: These players were historically very positive and supportive during events and helped a lot of other FS members through the bad patches. The support the game gets in the community does not come from Inno but from people who played and loved the game for a long time. Those people losing faith in the game doesn't mean losing a player, it means in the worst case losing an entire Fellowship of players.

I wish - for once - that Inno takes feedback in the official feedback thread seriously.

However, I doubt they will. There are the interests of MTG AB, the new game, the increased focus on mobile games etc. at play. Elvenar is a revenue generator and MTG will milk it as far as it goes while continuously removing cost and resources from the game itself.

DeletedUser4878

A new offer to get extra corals.
Last event, I purchased 1200 sun flare plus I got to get some cozy farms to increase my pop and culture - honestly I loved them-.
But, I got 1 only.
When I asked the support, it was really disappointed.

£74.99 for one cozy farm

I don't need diamonds because I have more than 20k

purchase 35 - reply.jpg

I got another one after doing some quests.

No way to do it again

Last edited by a moderator:

Timneh

Artisan
How do the devs expect players not to overscout when you get quests like complete 1 province followed by solve 5 encounters followed by another complete 1 province ? These random quests just don't work in my opinion. I am done with this event and won't bother with any others that are this format.

Sir Derf

Adept
How do the devs expect players not to overscout when you get quests like complete 1 province followed by solve 5 encounters followed by another complete 1 province ? These random quests just don't work in my opinion. I am done with this event and won't bother with any others that are this format.
But yet it takes 25, 30 or 40 scouted provinces to enter each chapter starting with Chapter 4...:rolleyes:o_O

DeletedUser4746

Random quests - Upgrade two buildings to level 14, with no warning. No thanks, event participation cancelled.

Sir Derf

Adept
Random quests - Upgrade two buildings to level 14, with no warning. No thanks, event participation cancelled.
Except

1) Various lists from various sources, both Beta and Live, mention this quest
2) This quest item has been mentioned on the forum, in this thread.

So, while I admit you did not know it was coming for that particular quest, you did have warning that it could come up, and almost definitely that it would come up at some point in this 24-day event, and probably multiple times.

Or did you think that you would have avoided that in the, what, 100-200 quests you were hoping to do?