• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Summer Mermaids

• Thread starter DeletedUser3097
  • Start date

C-Nymph

Necromancer
quest that asks to move a building every time (and even then there will be complaints from that person who just filled every tile).
Not even needed to get angry over that for the quest can be completed by picking up a building and setting it back at the exact same spot ;)

Thezza

Spellcaster
Sorry, but this is so ridiculous ..why the hell should I have to build 2 new buildings and upgrade to lvl 14 !!!!! WHY !!! it is so stupid and frustrating...to go from 15 Beverages to upgrade 2 buildings to lvl 14 is an absolute nonsense...so already i have no more progression in the thing..Mad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LazyTony

Sorcerer
If you don't want us to scout and/or complete provinces ( the latter for which you MUST scout and expand your map), then the developers should STOP ASKING FOR IT!!!

This is so dysfuntional it isn't true. Give us advanced scouts techs or stop giving us scouting\complete province quests. Either Inno are sadists or there is no communication between staff.

Go left **clout round head**, no I said right.

DeletedUser8632

... what did you expect, that with endless quests you would get endless amount of corals?
there are stopper quests in there, and for good reason...

I don't get it, first complain that your done within an week and the rest of the time is wasted with nothing to do, and now complain some quests take longer then a day to finish....

I'm not aware that people complained about being done in a week. People DID complain that the quest chains were too short because it was impossible to get enough <insert even currency> to upgrade the evolving building to Level 10 without heavily relying on luck and/or diamonds.

I also think that a lot of anger stems from the fact that many people are just feeling ignored by the event designers. With every event, Inno gets feedback and suggestions about the same things: Scout/Finish province quests without reasonable alternative. Research quests without reasonable alternative, removing boosted from production quest requirements. Inno specifically asks for feedback - and then ignores it.

And there are no "Stopper" quests. There are quests that massively disadvantage players depending on where they are in the game. There is a difference.

Heymrdiedier

Enchanter
Not even needed to get angry over that for the quest can be completed by picking up a building and setting it back at the exact same spot ;)
not on mobile tho :) there it actually has to move.

Are you saying that the devs have apparently put quests in the event to deliberately stop players ? If you are please divulge where you came across this information.
i have no inside info, but it makes sense tho? Do you really think inno think its fine that everyone has 20k or 50k by the end of the event? why bother build T3 factories and workshops then? just fill your city with wishing wells and you get all the T3 hammers and coins you might ever need. and then just downtrade the T3 to the rest, we all know thats the best thing you can do :D . and as a plus, with a city filled with wishing wells, you get so many diamonds you never have to buy any extra again. Do you really think thats what inno wants? they need to make money, or its game over for them and for us.

And honestly, theres not a single quest that you couldnt hurry by spending either timeboosts or diamonds to finish it faster.

I'm not stuck, and my anger is not about getting stuck.
Seems you missed my point.
i didnt quote you or refer to you, so i don't get why you felt like i was personally attacking you...

But i feel your pain. It does indeed look its not making sense that they say we dont want you to overscout and do to much provinces, and on the other hand keep asking you to complete more of them over and over.
But you have to take the Zeitgeist into account. At the time when MufMuf posted they didnt want us to overscout and overcomplete provinces, many low chapter players scouted too many provinces and thus received too many free expansions. Which made the chapters they were doing too easy. For example they had in mind players would have 4 copper foundry and 8 granite farms in their city, but because players had too much room, they just build 20 copper foundrys and 40 granite farms and didnt even bother to upgrade them (which was also an intended slowing factor). That way players finished the chapters much faster then they could produce them, and there was no incentive for players to spend diamonds since everything was very fast anyway.

So they tought of a way to battle that and try to educate us to not overscout, and eventually they introduced orcs as cost. I think they pretty fast realised even the orcs didnt help and people just kept doing them as much as possible because extra space is more valuable then anything else. I think thats one of the reasons we are havent seen any extra province expansions in the last x chapters, but its also because of performance issues ofcourse.

back to zeitgeist, since everyone is at max province exp, theres no point of completing those anymore. Just save those up for when next chapter arrives and then get lots of extra kp from there. Again this makes players finish the content too fast. so (again my toughts about it, not facts) they wanted us to use up those saved extra expansions so we again dont get an advantage. Makes sense to me.
In a way how the event works now, this is also rewarding those who listened to MufMufs original advice about stopping overscouting. Those players who listened have cheaper scouts now, and thus are able to scout more provinces in the time the event runs then those who didnt. And thus get more event currency and more other rewards.

My general tought is, its easy to complain about something you don't like, but its a lot harder to find a better way to do it that doesnt imbalance them game and hurt their income.
I challenge all of you, please tell me how you would replace upgrade x buildings, and complete scout quest, and what quests you would put in place that would also mean the average coral gain would not skyrocket.

PS: do you know that on beta there is allready a suggestion to half the time of a wishing well? hows that for a sign that we are allready getting too much stuff/ corals

DeletedUser1874

I wonder how the apologists of this implementation justify the "complete two provinces" quest with no alternatives to endgame players. To them, it's like "ok, you won't be able to do anything for two weeks now". Remember that such quests can appear from as early as quest #74, multiple times due to RNG, and that the maximum coral cycle begins on quest #138. In other words, no matter how pre-scouted one might be, he'll sooner or later hit a brick wall that'll leave him two options: giving up on the event or use all of the time boosters won during the event (and then some diamonds) to speed up the scouts... only to end up with the same issue some quests later, resulting in a loss of both time boosters and diamonds.

Killiak

Artisan
i didnt quote you or refer to you, so i don't get why you felt like i was personally attacking you...

You yourself said you didn't know who to quote anymore, therefor your post is logically directed at everyone posting before you. Or at least, thats logical to me.
Also, I didn't feel that way, but thanks for assuming? I guess?

Zeitgeist

Sorry, I had to cut it down, because it was a long post. People can click the quote if they want to know what I am responding to.

Your 'zeitgeist' elaboration is, putting it plainly, wrong.
- Orcs were the first barrier to be introduced, which caught a lot of people unaware. This then led to problems with events because people could no longer scout or complete provinces. The developers were aware and STILL kept putting those quests in events, despite the feedback.
- The discussion on why Amuni had no Advanced scouts, and MufMuf posting about it, was waaaaaaay after Orcs were introduced. So this argument is off by a lot of chapters; people were told about a year ago to stop their scouting and province completion.
- MufMuf's advice is lovely, for those who actually READ the forums. How much percent of the players are actually on these boards? Personally, I have a stock of provinces I can use for quests, but that's just me and I am in no way a representation of the average player. Inno's communication is poor, always has been. In fact, it's one of the things I have continously been jammering on about ever since I started playing.
- The feedback on scouting and province completion has been given for so long now, what more does Inno want or need? It's been a problem ever since their first 'fix'.

Lastly; The 'scout or upgrade' quest is one thing, and can be overcome without scouting, as long as you make some space. That's an issue I talked about before in an earlier when I said that sacrifice is part of the game.
However, there are quests that demand you to complete a province (or two) and that have NO alternative. And exactly there is where the issue lies for those who were pretty much told to stop scouting and completing, since Amuni, and who are now told that they actually do have to scout and complete.

Those specific quests need an alternative, or Inno is just perpetuating the issue they themselves created in the first place. I don't particularly care wether that's another 'upgrade X building to lvl X', or say; 'make 10x 2-day Tier 1'. As long as it is something that doesn't force world provinces.
Otherwise it pretty much screws people over for listening to Muf-Muf in the first place.

Last edited:
I'm so frustrated with this quest. I've literally done a 'complete 2 provinces' quest, using instants to hurry up the scouting. I did a complete beverages task, a 24 hour Tier One task, I had prepared and now I'm being asked to complete 2 provinces again. 2 quests later! Currently it takes 44 hours for me to scout. So I'll have to do this twice....that's 3 and a half days before I can do this quest. On my other city currently it takes 80 hours to scout a province. 3 and a half days to scout, then do it again, leaving me a whole week in between quests....then I could be asked to do it again straight after. This event is an absolute fail. Please stop using scouting quests, it's just not fair. Why don't you want us to get on well with these events? We've been asking for years to not use scouting tasks....but you continue to do so, then upped the anty and made it even worse.

First the Crystal Lighthouse debacle....(I'll never forgive you for that!) now scouting for weeks on end....and not even getting an expanse in the process cos you won't allow us!

I won't be playing Mermaids anymore....and I'm raging cos I love these events.

Why am I even still playing this game!!! ;)

DeletedUser8632

I challenge all of you, please tell me how you would replace upgrade x buildings, and complete scout quest, and what quests you would put in place that would also mean the average coral gain would not skyrocket.

Ok, I bite: You want long quest that are fair to everybody?
- Empty your coin storage and refill it
- Visit all your neighbours
- Create a squad of every unit type you can create
- Create x CCs where x is the level of your Magic Academy
- Achieve 175% culture bonus (added benefit: Easier for small players, while still doable for end-gamers)
and on.. and on.. and on.

The point is, though: Why make suggestions if the issue itself remains unacknowledged by the Devs?

PS: do you know that on beta there is allready a suggestion to half the time of a wishing well? hows that for a sign that we are allready getting too much stuff/ corals

Ok, that is plain silly. I hope I don't have to outline that this is a petty suggestion from somebody who is still salty about not getting enough wishing wells themselves. And if the Devs think we are already getting too much stuff... well, stop throwing it at us.

Edit: @Heymrdiedier please understand that I am not attacking you. I disagree with you but that does not mean I respect you and your opinion any less than anybody else's

Last edited by a moderator:

Heymrdiedier

Enchanter
Edit: @Heymrdiedier please understand that I am not attacking you. I disagree with you but that does not mean I respect you and your opinion any less than anybody else's

dont worry, i dont feel easily offended.

Ok, I bite: You want long quest that are fair to everybody?
- Empty your coin storage and refill it
- Visit all your neighbours
- Create a squad of every unit type you can create
- Create x CCs where x is the level of your Magic Academy
- Achieve 175% culture bonus (added benefit: Easier for small players, while still doable for end-gamers)
and on.. and on.. and on.

The point is, though: Why make suggestions if the issue itself remains unacknowledged by the Devs?

about your suggestions i like your suggestions:
* Empty your coin storage and refill it. this one is okay, but too easy, theres no waiting time if you would get these 2 times in a row: emptying is easy, refilling is easy as long as you got the coin rains (and most of use have to much of those at the moment).
* Visit all your neighbours. I like this one very much if ia ssume you mean give neighbourly help it, this can only be done once every 23 hours, so theres a waiting time. Implementation wise might be harder tho, how easy is it for inno to know how many is all? and what about those players who got nothing to help. If you didnt mean give neighbourly help then theres again no waiting time so skyrocketing corals.
* Create a squad of every unit type you can create. this one would work, theres some time involved till you do all that. Do expect alot of complaint tho about people feeling forced to build 'useless' buildings as training grounds, and mercenary camp. And those who only cater and dont want an army will also complain.
* create x CC's: this one allready exists. I wouldnt tie it to academy level tho, having a higher level academy should give you a benefit, not a downside. why spend diamonds to upgrade else?
* achieve 175% culture bonus. thats a quest that allready exists i think, so easily added to events. However theres no waiting time to it, so again the corals would skyrocket.

The point is that we need to give inno some inspiration about quests that we like, but that we cant do 10 time in a row on 1 day (and maybe even 1 week). those would be the good quests. I cant think of anything myself tho without reworking the whole quest system from scratch... :p my personal favorite is having an 'event island' where you can build factories and workshops and whatever you need. This evens out the playing field for everyone aswell, small big and diamond players since the island has the same size for everyone. And you dont have to limit it to workshops/factories, they can make event buildings specifically. Those island would also be there for FSA in my perfect elvenar.

Ok, that is plain silly. I hope I don't have to outline that this is a petty suggestion from somebody who is still salty about not getting enough wishing wells themselves. And if the Devs think we are already getting too much stuff... well, stop throwing it at us.

i believe the player(s) suggesting it, is because they have so much wishing wells, they can never place them all. If they place half, by the time they expired they gained more back then what they placed.....
I believe they do have a point somewhere, but just removing some of them from the grand prizes might allready fix it (since i assume they aint going for the wells as daily prize)

DeletedUser4149

this game is supposed to be challenging or else it wouldn't be fun. quests to move a building or to ask a fellow to trade marble to you are like asking us if we know how to tie our own shoes. i think the harder quests and random order are good ways to reward more experienced players that can adapt to changing situations and demands. anyone that has ever done an event before should have known to expect to solve encounters and complete provinces. we were warned of this coming 2 weeks in advance. many players were also warned not to clear too many provinces in the 1st place, at least in my fellowships and by some of the people here and on the websites. yeah, scouting takes a while but i've seen alternatives for every quest to scout so far. if there aren't then it's still fair for everyone because everyone has the same chance to get the same quests. i don't think people w/ very advanced cities should complain when less advanced cities can complete certain quests easier than they can. they have plenty of advantages over younger cities.

Deleted User - 1759805

* achieve 175% culture bonus. thats a quest that allready exists i think, so easily added to events.
That would be pretty impossible to achieve in mid-game for any remotely efficient city (once past Woodelves). If you're running on barebones culture, there is no way to ramp it up to 175% as requirements for that are massive. It's not like building 20+ L1 farm.

Killiak

Artisan
That would be pretty impossible to achieve in mid-game for any remotely efficient city (once past Woodelves). If you're running on barebones culture, there is no way to ramp it up to 175% as requirements for that are massive. It's not like building 20+ L1 farm.

Can't you make it happen with EE spells, those that add 5% with each neighbourly help?
Just need some good fellows or neighbours.

Kimelve

Spellcaster
I like the unlimited quests and I like the random quest sequence. BUT I think their should be an alternative quest for later players in three instances: 1. 'scout a province' - my scout takes something like 60 hours so I would rather have another option; 2. 'complete a province' - again, I would rather have another option so I don't have to endlessly overscout (something Inno have advised us not to do); 3. upgrade buildings to level 14/16 - even though I deliberately hold back my upgrades so I have some in reserve for events, I am getting this quest so often I am rapidly running out of buildings to upgrade. Seriously, the upgrade buildings quests are coming up really really often for me :(

Paladestar

Enchanter
Be warned the quests lists for each tier on Elvengems aren't complete. I saw the toolbox times 5 quest before the event and so planned to keep 10 ready. Today at the 62-corals tier I got a quest that wanted 6 toolboxes, shortly followed by one that wanted 5 toolboxes. So my prepared 10 wasn't enough and I'm stuck in waiting mode again! :(

DeletedUser8921

The 175% culture bonus would be close to impossible for early-stage cities that don't have event buildngs or access to any culture buildings that can be given neighborly help. (None available until Flying Boat.)

DeletedUser8409

The 175% culture bonus would be close to impossible for early-stage cities that don't have event buildngs or access to any culture buildings that can be given neighborly help. (None available until Flying Boat.)
Flying Boat is level 1. There's early and there's early, if you haven't completed level 1 you're going to struggle to complete the event yes.

Deleted User - 1759805

Can't you make it happen with EE spells, those that add 5% with each neighbourly help?
Just need some good fellows or neighbours.
Maybe, but it generally needs some chunky culture (or hybrid) buildings. For most of the game I had very few if any of those - culture would be produced by roads, AWs, guest race buildings (none of these works with EE) - and then a bunch of tiny event buildings that would produce mana/seeds etc. I rarely see NH on 2x2 buildings (though it happens) ;)

And going from 100% to 175% needs a lot of buffing...