• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Summer Mermaids

• Thread starter DeletedUser3097
  • Start date

DeletedUser5976

Yes you are right, if I was looking for a building I was going to use for a longer time I wouldn't go for it.

DeletedUser5532

I would suggest that until they can fix this, they should stop the give-aways. It is making many of my players upset - and they are threatening to leave the game...

I would think that if someone is willing to throw their dummy out and quit because they missed a freebie when others got them, that the players has much greater issues in their life. Maybe toddlers would act this way, not adults. If you do not get them, it can be a little annoying maybe, but smile and wish the ones who got them well in their game, not stamp your feet and threaten to quit.

Wowwie

Soothsayer
I had Horrid Quest line in beta and seems no improvement here on live either ,,
I have beginners in my fellowship given quest they cant complete as well
Overall few hours in not worth the effort

+ I love the Graphics of the quest,
very pretty shells, pearls, etc
- random quest is very annoying , not much fun
I much prefer the quests I can plan for.
- to collect Vapors we have to collect the Enchantments
and a lot of other down ides like upgrades,
relics and solve encounters close together
and research
Please, pretty please, go back to the usual quest list!

Having seen the quests on Beta (and the Gems site) I can tell you that the random quests can be VERY hard for late/last chapter players.
  1. Scouting takes multiple days and if you cannot plan for when to scout you can be waiting a long time. Unless you use time boosts. I guess that is what you want us to do, use them up so we can get more as daily prizes.
  2. Research quests are impossible if you have finished the last chapter.
  3. Upgrade to level 14 or 16+ quests can be very difficult if you have upgraded everything already while you wait for a new chapter.
At least with the predictable quest sequence you could plan for these quests and get things set in advance.

But I guess that if I really want to win the prizes in this event I can use up lots of time boosts and blast through the quests without any problems.
But I haven't yet, on Beta, seen any prizes that excite me to do so. The time instants daily prizes may be the best things offered.

By the way, the evolving building is almost useless to late game players. Mediocre population and culture and Tier 1 goods. We hardly need them anymore!

I hope that random quests don't become the way of the future. If they do I will be sitting out most events. But I am sure that they will be popular with the diamond players who will be able to spend cash to win absolutely everything.
Ditto!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser6357

Duplicate tasks in Mermaids is no fun.

I don't want to imagine how I just completed a two-day production assignment in the manufactories and it will come as a surprise for the second time!
And will there not be a third or fourth time?

It's not just in one city, not just in my game profile: players complain about the same problem - repeating an upgrade to two 14th-level buildings is no fun at all.

upload_2019-8-7_7-7-44.png

The gray background is for tasks already completed.
The red frame is for duplicate tasks.

NB
The 42-coral stage is not yet complete.

https://en.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/duplicate-tasks-in-mermaids.10534/

But worry not, thanks to the way the game chooses these requirements, every player will face a very similar difficulty
What kind of equality is it for one player to receive task "Produce T1 [1 day] 3 times" - the most difficult task in the first stage, and another player not getting that task?
The same is obtained in the 42-coral stage - some players do not receive the task "Research 1 tech or Up 2 buildings to level 14 or more".
And some players get this task even twice.

Last edited by a moderator:

Heymrdiedier

Enchanter
Duplicate tasks in Mermaids is no fun.

I don't want to imagine how I just completed a two-day production assignment in the manufactories and it will come as a surprise for the second time!
And will there not be a third or fourth time?

It's not just in one city, not just in my game profile: players complain about the same problem - repeating an upgrade to two 14th-level buildings is no fun at all.

View attachment 3828

The gray background is for tasks already completed.
The red frame is for duplicate tasks.

NB
The 42-coral stage is not yet complete.
how do you expect random quests to be implemented then? they want to prevent us from overpreparing in the event by getting spoilers from beta.
So if they have a quest list and just randomise its order, then it wouldnt fix the preparing thing, since we can still prepare for everything.
So they choose to select x quest from a pool of y possible quests, that way you can get the same quest multiple times, making it harder to prepare for it.
for example you could need basket of groceries 5 times, or 20 times, depending on what the random selects. This way its harder to prepare.

I was very sceptical when i heard about the idea at first, but i think they did a good job implementing randomness this time.

DeletedUser3571

the gain spell fragments is really damaging for small/new players, in my ch 4 city i would have to exchange 1/4 of one of my spells to gain the 300 for just 1 of the quests, as i have nothing else to disenchant.

DeletedUser8255

I have been playing this game for nearly nine months and have enjoyed moving through chapters, joining in Fellowship Adventures and trying my hand ad Events. However, this event has been an unwelcome surprise.
I dislike the random nature. I like to be able to know that as long as I keep going, and have a bit of luck, then I can evolve to level 10. I find space for Tier 1 manufacturies and workshops. I look at the time-instants I have and decide how many to invest in the event. I go for the chests which maximize the chances of gaining the grand prizes. So far I have been successful. I don't mind trying my best and failing - but I do not like not having a clue.
I have had two quests that require me to upgrade buildings beyond level 14. Luckily I had recently decided I needed three more residences and had reached level 11 with them and so they could be used with help from time instants But what if all my buildings had been fully upgraded (as most have)? Am I expected to start new buildings and upgrade them to level 14? I am at Chapter 9 where researching takes days and so that does not fit into the time scale of this event. There has also been a quest requiring a scout - again - many days to reach.
This may need to be the last such event I partake in. Oh well.

DeletedUser2456

Disappointed to see that the amounts required are not tailored to chapter - I am being asked to produce the same amount of coins and supplies in both my city that is leaving orcs and my city that is still in chapter 1. 700 supplies in chapter 1 will take me a long time!

i think not thought it though either , has rotating quests require you to upgrade 2 buildings to level 14 or a research to do ,has constuts done have no research left and all buildings at max with no room to build 2 more at level 14 and this will need to be done a few times has they come round , can upgrade a culture building if had loads of spell fragments but has there rare has rocking horse pooh you are stuck ,

Timneh

Artisan
Like a lot of other players i really do not like this new random quest event and some of the quests are not fun to do. When i find an event is not fun (like this one) i just dump it. Except for maybe the time boosters there is nothing that i have seen so far in prizes that i want. In my opinion the devs have shot themselves in the foot with this new format.

DeletedUser7859

I really dont like the random quests. We used to be able to prepare for quests. Some of us cant play the game 24/7 but still want to get key buildings. The set quest lines was our only hope. I certainly have lost interest in this event, and hope they bring back the old way of doing this.

The unlimited quests is a great idea for those players who are really serious players, but please InnoGames, dont alienate the players that can only log in a couple of times a day.

DeletedUser8807

The randomness of this event is frustrating. But the biggest concern I have to date is the Vision Vapour task. I've had it a couple times so far and everytime I've had to wait for 3 or more cycles of the options before there has been something worth crafting. There really hasn't been anything worth me crafting since the event started in my Magic Acad. I look further to the end cycles of the Mermaids event and see that 15 Vision Vapor will be required each time it comes up in the unending cycle. You can potentially get stuck at that task for days on end if you aren't prepared to craft something you don't need. That's going to be when I bow out of further participation in the event.

That being said, I don't feel the Evolving building in this event or the daily prizes are worth getting anyway. None of the pop/culture buildings are even close to what I already have in place. This is a little disappointing. I have enjoyed my Elvenar journey to this point but the last two events have not really done much to engage me or to inspire my participation. I feel myself drifting some in the middle of Dwarves.

DeletedUser8409

Can I say please how unfair the T1 boost quest is for Steel players. Given most of us, if not everyone, is creating Level 1 T1's in order to fulfill the quest and not using merely the T1s you generally have anyway . . . if you have Steel as your boost then you need to place a 2x2 building whereas if you've got another boost you can place 2x1 buildings and get literally twice as many buildings in the same space.

I have seen players with say 40 T1s if they're planks or marble, but that would only be 20 T1s if they're steel and I don't see any measurable benefit steel players get for this. Its very unfair as we're not on a level playing field.

Why not make it "any T1" rather than "T1 boost" next quest? Then everyone can be on a level playing field.

alsael

Enchanter
a "middle ground" could be this:you want to randomise the quests?fine,but make exceptions:vapor quest,1d goods quest,upgrade buldings to L-14 quest,scout quest,gain 3 spells quest will be done only once per group.You can randomise all the others:rolleyes:

DeletedUser8409

As a suggestion why not keep it random but have 2 quest givers like previously? That way if you get stuck on one [eg 2 day T1] you aren't ground to a halt for 2 days, you can work on the other chain in the meantime.

DeletedUser8632

I was very sceptical when i heard about the idea at first, but i think they did a good job implementing randomness this time.

I completely disagree.

a) I don't understand whats wrong with preparing for a quest line? People have been complaining about quest lines being too short because they didn't reward nearly enough currency to evolve a building to L10, not because people got bored.
b) If you are a diamond player or have 6,7 expansions available you can still prepare, you just prepare for everything. Only casual, smaller and end-game players are being "punished"
c) The quest balance is horrible. "Produce 5 beverages" vs "Produce 3x T1 1day"... seriously?
d) The ONE THING players have been asking for is still being ignored: Remove the "boosted" from production requirements to stop disadvantaging players with 2x2 boosted L1 factories.
e) The whole quest system is atrocious for players who rely partially on quest recycling. Because you never know what comes next, going through a 3 hour or 9 hour cycle is horrendously tedious: Decline-decline-decline-decline-decline- (until quest requirement) - rinse, repeat times 25. This is just torture and I have actually started to stop giving a .. you know.
f) Not to mention that some of the quests are just a huge middle finger for players at the end of a guest race or at the end of research. How many times was that brought up in feedback last time? And what happened? They made it worse.

So, no, I do not dislike the idea by itself but the implementation is just not good.

DeletedUser3671

I can confirm that you can get the same quests from the same pool again. I just had do 3 visits and gain 400 spell fragments. Then i did two other things i don't remember and then they came back 3 visits and gain 400 spell fragments. Now i wait for my scout to finish ;-)

DeletedUser8255

Having seen the quests on Beta (and the Gems site) I can tell you that the random quests can be VERY hard for late/last chapter players.
  1. Scouting takes multiple days and if you cannot plan for when to scout you can be waiting a long time. Unless you use time boosts. I guess that is what you want us to do, use them up so we can get more as daily prizes.
  2. Research quests are impossible if you have finished the last chapter.
  3. Upgrade to level 14 or 16+ quests can be very difficult if you have upgraded everything already while you wait for a new chapter.
At least with the predictable quest sequence you could plan for these quests and get things set in advance.

But I guess that if I really want to win the prizes in this event I can use up lots of time boosts and blast through the quests without any problems.
But I haven't yet, on Beta, seen any prizes that excite me to do so. The time instants daily prizes may be the best things offered.

By the way, the evolving building is almost useless to late game players. Mediocre population and culture and Tier 1 goods. We hardly need them anymore!

I hope that random quests don't become the way of the future. If they do I will be sitting out most events. But I am sure that they will be popular with the diamond players who will be able to spend cash to win absolutely everything.
Agreed

DeletedUser8632

I can confirm that you can get the same quests from the same pool again. I just had do 3 visits and gain 400 spell fragments. Then i did two other things i don't remember and then they came back 3 visits and gain 400 spell fragments. Now i wait for my scout to finish ;-)

And see, thats the problem. 3 visits and 400 spell fragments on repeat is almost a best case scenario. I had "Produce Basket of Groceries" 4 times in a quest batch. And thats not even the worst. One of my neighbours had "1 Research or upgrade 2 buildings to 14+" twice almost in a row. That neighbour is at the end of dwarves and was able to prepare for one of those quests, but not for 2. Now all his buildings are upgraded and he will have to wait a minimum of 4 days to get all the Granite to finish the next research (Dwarven Wonders) - so this poor guy will literally have to wait for 4 days to do the next quest.

So tell me again how great this is.