• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Summer Mermaids

• Thread starter DeletedUser3097
  • Start date

Pauly7

Magus
I don't think thats a new problem. Already before people were able to pay their way through several grand prizes with the special offers.
Being able to win extra grand prizes is a pretty new concept, though granted it was possible in the most recent seasonal events. I'm not sure because I don't have any maths on this to hand, but I feel like paying diamonds to complete extra quests is going to be much cheaper than buying the extra corals/sun flares/nuts, etc.

DeletedUser8154

Disappointed to see that the amounts required are not tailored to chapter - I am being asked to produce the same amount of coins and supplies in both my city that is leaving orcs and my city that is still in chapter 1. 700 supplies in chapter 1 will take me a long time!

DeletedUser3671

Well, i had different amount of coins in my S&D and Constructs city 129K vs. 240K i think it was.

To the quests which pays 36 corals, you can add 5 baskets of groceries. I just got that one and it's not on the Gems list ;-)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser8154

Seems it might just have been the first collect 1000 coins and 700 supplies which are the same for all chapters, or at least were in my game.

DeletedUser6357

upload_2019-8-5_22-41-30.png

DeletedUser5976

Is it me or is there no story to the event this time around? I understand that it is not easy to have a story with each quest when you don't know how many quests people can complete, but I liked the stories.

Sir Derf

Adept
I find the theme of the whole thing... jarring. None of the event buildings look like something I would like to have in my city :)

But hey, its an event. Free stuff, can't complain.
Of course you can complain. One can always complain. This is the internet. It's really a question of if others think there are merits to your complaints... :rolleyes:

The second problem is that if there is an unlimited quest line it means that those few players willing to throw massive amounts of diamonds at the game will have the ability to construct several different evolving buildings. If Phoenixes are offered after the initial building has been completed I wonder how many Fire Phoenixes it will be possible to win if someone pays thousands of pounds to do it. It is win-win for Inno, but there could be people out there willing to pay enough money so that they can guarantee themselves top places in all the tournaments from here on in. I hope that I am wrong and this isn't possible.

Given the theme of the event, and the way past events ran, They would offer a second Mermaid evolving building, and then continue to alternate Mermaid upgrades for 9/18 more grand prizes, etc.

Having said that, it would be interesting if event super-achievement provided generic upgrade relics, allowing you to evolve earlier event upgrade buildings for those players who did not manage to achieve max evolution on past buildings, They had said that additional evolution opportunities would occur, but would be rare. This is the third event offering the fifth evolving building (3 Phoenix, Stonehenge, and now Mermaid), and by my recollection, they have only offered Phoenix relics once since their event.

Or, how about a crafting recipe that allows you to transform Evolution relics... Oooh, that's going in suggestions!

Timneh

Artisan
Of course you can complain. One can always complain. This is the internet. It's really a question of if others think there are merits to your complaints...

I actually disagree with that. A forum is a place where people can post thier views and opinions about things regardless of if other people agree with them or not. Having said that this is just my opinion and others may think differently.

Pauly7

Magus
Is it just me or is it more difficult to spot these little corals amongst the backdrop than it has been to see the things on previous events? Maybe it's just my eyes.

Hekata

Artisan
I think it's becasue they really fit nicely in the beach landscape. At first I would move right past them becasue they looked like regular parts of the new surroundings.

DeletedUser1874

Positives:
- The new buildings are very pretty, kudos to the artistic team as usual;
- Quests being infinite somewhat lessens the dreadful reliance on even more RNG;
- The chests have returned to more reasonable values than those in the previous event. <-- not true, I must've been hallucinating when I wrote this
Negatives:
- Those with 2x2 T1 boosted goods are still at a great disadvantage for no good reason whatsoever, especially since a previous challenge showed us there's the technical ability to make it so that any tier 1 good counts;
- The random aspect of the quests adds even more RNG to the table, as if the lottery/lootbox-like chests weren't irritating enough already. Being unable to plan stuff in advance is also extremely aggravating given that this is holiday season so it's safe to assume most people would've been happy to be able to rush through the event like in the previous years and then dedicate more time to holiday activities without having to deal with FOMO.
- Thus far, the only good daily prizes seem to be the usual stuff - time boosts, KP boosts, and whatever else will come next (hopefully the trading outpost), with the possible exception of the Manta Ray which has good mana production ratios. Pretty much everything else is utterly useless because the ratios are terrible. For instance, what's the logic behind the Crab Hotel being 5x4 and adding 7,100/6,000 compared to the also 5x4 Venar's Rocks III adding 8,200/8,200? I'm most certainly not putting down the Hotel just because it looks pretty, given the numbers.
- I realize that some buildings are bound to be recycled, but perhaps using Rainbow Flower Cages and Unicorns which have been craftable for months and probably still are was not the most sound choice. Some older events buildings could've been recycled instead. I'm willing to bet nobody will spend corals on days 15 and 16.
- The Evolving Building is once again extremely underwhelming compared to the phoenix. Tier 1 goods? Meh.

Overall, I like this event even less than the Stonehenge one, mostly because of the RNG aspect of it. I wish the design would move back to that of the Phoenix event: plannable, more relaxed, and without overly aggravating quests such as the explore or upgrade ones. Which can now pop up twice in a row because of RNG. Ugh.

P.s. being unable to see which buildings produced what (like when you mouseover in the browser version) makes this even more horrible on the mobile app - and given the nature of RNG quests, being able to use the mobile app would've been very handy, but alas.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser5976

Crab Hotel being 5x4 and adding 7,100/6,000 compared to the also 5x4 Venar's Rocks III adding 8,200/8,200? I'm most certainly not putting down the Hotel just because it looks pretty, given the numbers.
I have Phoenix Cults and VR III's from the previous chapter so as it is Crab Hotels will give me more pop for the same area. For end game players they may not be so good, but those of use who will use them for one chapter and move on and hopefully get something better to replace them again next chapter, they are ok (and as they are the same shape I even won't have to change my design), but I do not find them pretty ;).

Pauly7

Magus
I find myself in the same frame of mind I've had before, i.e I've realised now that I won't build any of the daily buildings or the grand prize because I think all this beachy stuff will look as out of place in my city as the Winter stuff would have. When I hadn't seen it up close I thought that the grand prize may work for me, but that looks the most ridiculous of all so no dice.

I'm not complaining. I'll just get on and win some time boosters and (hopefully) Coin Rains.

Deleted User - 1759805

- The chests have returned to more reasonable values than those in the previous event.
Um, what? If I am not mistaken, the chests are exactly the same as in the last event (they just dropped color names).

Jackluyt

Shaman
It causes a lot of bad feelings when some players get free corals in their emails - and others don't. And for more than a year this happens every time, and no matter what suggestions from Support you follow, it cannot be fixed.

I would suggest that until they can fix this, they should stop the give-aways. It is making many of my players upset - and they are threatening to leave the game...

I hope someone passes this comment to the relevant department.

DeletedUser8921

@JackLuyt , I agree that everyone should get the free corals, but I don't think 100 corals will make such a difference in the event that it is a game-changer. I hope no one leaves. They should be able to pick up some corals from the easier quests.

DeletedUser1874

Um, what? If I am not mistaken, the chests are exactly the same as in the last event (they just dropped color names).
Uh, you're right, for some reason I hallucinated they had been reverted back to the Phoenix event values. Given the time at which I posted, said reason is most likely sleep deprivation and lack of caffeine.

I have Phoenix Cults and VR III's from the previous chapter so as it is Crab Hotels will give me more pop for the same area. For end game players they may not be so good, but those of use who will use them for one chapter and move on and hopefully get something better to replace them again next chapter, they are ok (and as they are the same shape I even won't have to change my design), but I do not find them pretty ;).
Granted, but I feel like a little consistency wouldn't hurt. I mean, have one building give more pop and the other less culture and vice versa as it is in many other cases already, just look at the variety of ratios in 4x4 buildings, most of which are good (some will prefer more pop, some more culture, some will look for balance) but having one building of the same exact size that's just plain worse (by a large margin even) in all aspects strikes me as a weird design choice.