• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Summer Mermaids

• Thread starter DeletedUser3097
  • Start date

DeletedUser3097

Dear Humans and Elves,

Please use this thread to discuss the Summer Mermaids questline that will come to Elvenar on 5 August!

We're looking forward to your feedback. :)

Kind regards,
Your Elvenar Team

DeletedUser4149

LIKE unlimited quests
LIKE that i heard quests will be random
DON'T LIKE the disadvantage for those who need large 2x2 boosted tier1 factories for the unlimited amount of quests that require them. quests should ask for any tier1 factory production to make things more fair.

Jackluyt

Shaman
Here is our EPL event summary, including prizes and a sample list of 143 quests (so far) that one player has already received.
Some of the quests in Beta were different for each player - and there is no guarantee that the live version of the event will be exactly the same as the one in Beta.

https://tinyurl.com/y3uu2yxn

You are welcome to share the link with friends and fellowship, and to submit comments.

67086234_10214389864321070_9083284188072771584_n.jpg

Last edited:

DeletedUser8921

I am excited about this new event. I think I would prefer to know quests in advance so I can plan ahead, even if you could only see maybe the next 4 quests at a time, but I look forward to seeing how it all works out here on my live city.

It does seem like the quest requirements for things like 48-hour productions and 24-hour productions at least require a smaller number of them than some events in the past, and maybe fewer tournament encounters (although more "complete province" quests).

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser5093

I've put together a few images showing which shells give the most value for money depending on whether you're aiming for grand prizes/pearls or daily prizes. It's based on the event info found on ElvenGems. I hope some people find this useful. :)

okZiDkd.jpg
wmkdgPY.jpg

Please feel free to share these elsewhere or in your fellowships. The links are:
Best for grand prizes: https://i.imgur.com/okZiDkd.jpg
Best for daily prizes: https://i.imgur.com/wmkdgPY.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Killiak

Artisan
So if you get a level 10 Mermaid's Paradise, you get 3x kp instants every 24 hours. @Dizzy Lizzie is that a 3kp instant?

If so, this is very much worth the effort.

DeletedUser4499

'Gain Vision Vapor' and 'Gain Spell Fragments' quests should have a choice. I have a chapter 10 city and one that will reach chapter 3 just before the event starts and I decided to not go out of my way to complete these quests.
The smaller city doesn't have that many instants, enchantments or summonings to gain that many spell fragments without using the newly gained rewards just to complete these quests. There is nothing I would craft at this level- not to mention that I started thiis city after the phoenix event so that not even pet food would be required which means there is no way to gain the vision vapor for this city.
My bigger city doesn't have the problem with spell fragments, but the vision vapor quest might still cause a problem. I only craft pet food and if I can't play an event at my own pace, because I have to wait a few days, a week or more for the next pet food to appear in the crafting window, I rather abandon the whole event all together.
If they would re-evaluate their 'Grand' prizes before the event starts, it might be worthwile crafting something to disentchant it with the next ' gain x spell fragments' quest, but at moment I don't consider their 'grand prizes' 'grand' and not investing anything just to complete the quest line/ gaining the 9 artefacts.
Btw, what will be the reward once all artefacts for this building have been gained? Do they chance the artefacts to phoenix artefacts or just take out the artefacts, leaving the library, wishing well, ferris wheel and monument?

DeletedUser8921

@Vindaria so far for the other events with evolving buildings, after you get to 9 artifacts the next prize is another of the event buildings, then all the artifacts cycle again (alternating with the other prizes).

Deleted User - 1759805

I've put together a few images showing which shells give the most value for money depending on whether you're aiming for grand prizes/pearls or daily prizes. It's based on the event info found on ElvenGems. I hope some people find this useful. :)

Outside of naming, the chests are exactly the same as the ones in Summer Solstice (all the rewards match). You just have to go by the cost in order to compare.

DeletedUser5976

@Vindaria so far for the other events with evolving buildings, after you get to 9 artifacts the next prize is another of the event buildings, then all the artifacts cycle again (alternating with the other prizes).
That did make sense for the Phoenix event, after all we had 3 Phoenix buildings, but with one grand prize building what's the point of more artifacts than 9? Can we use them for other buildings? Will the summer event next year have the same artifacts with a different grand prize building?

DeletedUser3571

That did make sense for the Phoenix event, after all we had 3 Phoenix buildings, but with one grand prize building what's the point of more artifacts than 9? Can we use them for other buildings? Will the summer event next year have the same artifacts with a different grand prize building?
i believe another of the evolving buildings is made a grand prize and then you get more artifacts to evolve it.

Jaxom

Alchemist
Having seen the quests on Beta (and the Gems site) I can tell you that the random quests can be VERY hard for late/last chapter players.
  1. Scouting takes multiple days and if you cannot plan for when to scout you can be waiting a long time. Unless you use time boosts. I guess that is what you want us to do, use them up so we can get more as daily prizes.
  2. Research quests are impossible if you have finished the last chapter.
  3. Upgrade to level 14 or 16+ quests can be very difficult if you have upgraded everything already while you wait for a new chapter.
At least with the predictable quest sequence you could plan for these quests and get things set in advance.

But I guess that if I really want to win the prizes in this event I can use up lots of time boosts and blast through the quests without any problems.
But I haven't yet, on Beta, seen any prizes that excite me to do so. The time instants daily prizes may be the best things offered.

By the way, the evolving building is almost useless to late game players. Mediocre population and culture and Tier 1 goods. We hardly need them anymore!

I hope that random quests don't become the way of the future. If they do I will be sitting out most events. But I am sure that they will be popular with the diamond players who will be able to spend cash to win absolutely everything.

DeletedUser8632

I find the theme of the whole thing... jarring. None of the event buildings look like something I would like to have in my city :)

But hey, its an event. Free stuff, can't complain.

Pauly7

Magus
I like the whole idea of random tasks. Typically many people finish the questline in these events about a quarter of the way through the time. Now that will be more difficult and the devs have taken a step to remove the option to see spoilers in advance (at least in terms of the order of quests) as seeing these has never been the intention. As there is no end to the quest line then people don't have to feel the need to do more than they can get through. There is no right or wrong as to how much to do.

That being said, I see two problems:

Firstly, to echo other comments, to receive quests unexpectedly to "scout one province" or "complete one research" will be 10 times more frustrating for those who might have to spend multiple days completing one. Perhaps that is just the intention, though, and maybe they have structured the reward in such a way that accounts for that extra time spent. (I haven't done the maths).

The second problem is that if there is an unlimited quest line it means that those few players willing to throw massive amounts of diamonds at the game will have the ability to construct several different evolving buildings. If Phoenixes are offered after the initial building has been completed I wonder how many Fire Phoenixes it will be possible to win if someone pays thousands of pounds to do it. It is win-win for Inno, but there could be people out there willing to pay enough money so that they can guarantee themselves top places in all the tournaments from here on in. I hope that I am wrong and this isn't possible.

DeletedUser8632

As there is no end to the quest line then people don't have to feel the need to do more than they can get through. There is no right or wrong as to how much to do.

I see it completely different from the perspective of a semi-casual player who hasn't huge amounts of time to spend on the game. As you don't have a guideline you don't really have an idea how much time/space/resources you need to plan for to realistically be able to upgrade the grand prize to Level 10. You have no idea if and when you want to use speed boosts. Before I was able to know how far I get based on the quest list, now its just ... vague. So for the first time I have already decided before the event that I won't be going for the Grand Prize and just maybe pick up some dailies.

The second problem is that if there is an unlimited quest line it means that those few players willing to throw massive amounts of diamonds at the game will have the ability to construct several different evolving buildings. If Phoenixes are offered after the initial building has been completed I wonder how many Fire Phoenixes it will be possible to win if someone pays thousands of pounds to do it. It is win-win for Inno, but there could be people out there willing to pay enough money so that they can guarantee themselves top places in all the tournaments from here on in. I hope that I am wrong and this isn't possible.

I don't think thats a new problem. Already before people were able to pay their way through several grand prizes with the special offers.

Not saying unlimited quests is a bad thing, probably need to see how it goes.