• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Summer Mermaids

• Thread starter DeletedUser3097
  • Start date

DeletedUser3671

That's really not exact as tesla writes: "But we DO exactly know what quests are next,"

You know that it will be one of two quests coming next. But you do not know exactly which one.

C-Nymph

Necromancer
That's really not exact as tesla writes: "But we DO exactly know what quests are next,"

You know that it will be one of two quests coming next. But you do not know exactly which one.
Tesla wrote "what questS are next", as in: plural. So technically and grammatically correct. Maybe not specific enough in that they didn't say "what quest-options are next", but correct nontheless and I think they meant exactly that.

DeletedUser8632

Tesla wrote "what questS are next", as in: plural. So technically and grammatically correct. Maybe not specific enough in that they didn't say "what quest-options are next", but correct nontheless and I think they meant exactly that.

Couldn't have said it better myself. Thank you.

Point being: The only remaining "random" bit is if it is quest A or quest B. Very predictable, very feasible to get prepared for (well, other than the province quests) if you do proper planning (and small a T1 boost footprint)

Killiak

Artisan
I think I won the event. :cool::p

54Artifacts.JPG

What you are seeing here, is that there are no Grand Prizes after the 54th artifact.

I am currently doing a Vision Vapor quest, after which there will be 7 quests that I will guaranteed be able to do. That's 8*64 +25 remaining = 537 coral.
I have 16 pearls left to go, and assuming a very high 28 Coral per pearl average, I will only need 448 corals to win all the possible Grand Prizes.

As you can imagine, I am intensely pleased with my results in this event.

Susie49

Soothsayer
But we DO exactly know what quests are next, they follow a predetermined cycle.

Its exactly as it was before, with the only difference that players with small T1 factories, lots of space and lots of time can now massively outplay other players in terms of boosts, goodies and prizes.

I thought the quests were random? Mine seem to be!

DeletedUser8632

So, in conclusion we can say:

a) the random quest event is barely random.
b) the infinite quest line is not infinite.

In other news....

C-Nymph

Necromancer
So, in conclusion we can say:

a) the random quest event is barely random.
b) the infinite quest line is not infinite.

In other news....
The infinite questline is infinite. The grand prizes just aren't infinite.

DeletedUser3097

Yes, I can :)
Just got the last Grand Prize. The pearl line stays full, doesn't go back to zero pearls, and you can keep spinning.

You are right and you are also wrong. The list of automatically given Grand Prizes does have an end so is finite but if you contact Support, we will manually add any earned Grand Prizes at the end of the Event so the Grand Prizes are infinite!

alsael

Enchanter
If you win another 10 artifacts,you can hold on to them,not disenchant them.At some point in the future, there maybe another mermaid give away building for the new players or for those who missed this one.Then you can have a far more advanced buiding(assuming you will keep doing chapters) which you will fully evolve with your stored artifacts:rolleyes:

Killiak

Artisan
You are right and you are also wrong. The list of automatically given Grand Prizes does have an end so is finite but if you contact Support, we will manually add any earned Grand Prizes at the end of the Event so the Grand Prizes are infinite!

Ah, but I cannot tell how many Pearls I got after I ran out of automatic Grand Prizes.
I will send a message to support then ^^

Edit; support ticket is sent :)

Last edited:

DeletedUser8632

I stand corrected, you are right

Edit: Read Dizzy Lizzie's post after yours. So apparently Grand Prizes are conditionally infinite. :)

DeletedUser8632

Translation: Holy crap, we never thought anybody would be able to get THAT far...

(Note: this is not a dig at @Dizzy Lizzie or her post. This IS however a dig at the devs)

DeletedUser8921

As the event winds down, my reaction to the "random" quests and infinite questline is ... meh. I did about as well in this event in terms of prizes as I did in Summer Solstice, a little less well than in the Phoenix event. (8 artifacts for this and Summer Solstice, 9 for Phoenix). I didn't spend nearly as much time playing, interacting and thinking about the game as I did either of the two previous events in which I've participated. It wasn't as much fun for me without being able to plan (I only barely got into the 64 quest line). So even though I got some nifty prizes, I didn't have as much fun doing it, which makes it overall not what I would want in an event.

I think a lot of the prizes are more oriented toward players in higher chapters with the mana and seed production, but that is probably a good thing. In chapter 4 I don't need more event buildings than the ones I got in Summer Solstice. But the buildings are really pretty! I like the creativity.

C-Nymph

Necromancer
Translation: Holy crap, we never thought anybody would be able to get THAT far...

Well if they hadn't anticipated that people would complete 70 provinces to get there, they should have thought of that before putting those quests in ;)

As the event winds down, my reaction to the "random" quests and infinite questline is ... meh. I did about as well in this event in terms of prizes as I did in Summer Solstice, a little less well than in the Phoenix event. (8 artifacts for this and Summer Solstice, 9 for Phoenix). I didn't spend nearly as much time playing, interacting and thinking about the game as I did either of the two previous events in which I've participated. It wasn't as much fun for me without being able to plan (I only barely got into the 64 quest line). So even though I got some nifty prizes, I didn't have as much fun doing it, which makes it overall not what I would want in an event.

I think a lot of the prizes are more oriented toward players in higher chapters with the mana and seed production, but that is probably a good thing. In chapter 4 I don't need more event buildings than the ones I got in Summer Solstice. But the buildings are really pretty! I like the creativity.

Exactly the opposite for me! Did way better in terms of prizes in this event, spent a whole lot more time playing the event, planning it, trying to figure out the pattern, debating strategy, etc. And since we were able to plan because there were enough spoilers to work with and especially when I worked out the pattern, it was a lot of fun too! The endless aspect of this event caused me to be dedicated from beginning to end! Loved it!

I do have objections for the type of quests that were part of the endless rotation obviously, but I already went into that detail in a previous post (https://en.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/summer-mermaids.10510/page-16#post-62924). Pros outweigh the cons for me I think...

So conclusion...? Would enjoy an endless event again in the future!

Julian

Sorcerer
In conclusion for the event, I got an orc mermaid's paradise (which I'll bin), then thankfully a woodelves one. 14 upgrades is better than I've done before, and a total of 30 buildings is great, not to mention 370% PP.

I think the infinite quests worked out well in the end. It would have been really good for the phoenix event. Some people could then have had three maxed out phoenixes of different sorts.

By my calculations, the mermaids' paradise was a slightly better building than stonehenge, but neither are a patch on the phoenixes or the Carnival set. However, the daily prize buildings are going to transform my city when I start the woodelves chapter proper.

Just sort out the 2x2 factories issue and it would be a thumbs up from me.

EDIT -- May not have done nearly so well if it had been truly random (thanks to those who worked the order out)

Last edited: