• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Summer Mermaids

• Thread starter DeletedUser3097
  • Start date

C-Nymph

Necromancer
Now, you might have been using diamonds, but given that you're saying you cleared a lot of Provinces, i'm minimizing that; let's assume no diamonds.
I used maybe 350 diamonds total, most of it was done by rushing timers with time boosters I won from the event.
That would be 312.5 64-coral quests, for a total of 448 quests. 312.5 64's would be 31 rounds of the 10 quest cycle.
I did 33 full rotations of the 10x 64-corals quests.
50/50 each pass would be 15 "Complete 2 Provinces" in the 64's, for 30 Provinces.
As said before, my ratio was more 60:40 with 60% being the complete 2 provinces quest.
I'm not sure that it is a valid assessment to claim that "This event has pushed me to..." this level of performance. While the game both hypothetically, and, as you have demonstrated, practically allows this outcome (and more), I think your province-clearing tally was more a result of you running way faster than any pushing that this event was doing.
The quests are endless, so if you want to progress and continue, you will have to scout and complete provinces. I call that pushing. It's either that or stop playing the event and then they could've as well made the quests NOT endless but have a fixed amount of quests. Then it would not be (or at least be less) pushing.

C-Nymph

Necromancer
What about the numbers on the quests ?

I have sent you my data in a PM, consisting of 1586 quests from the 64-coral rotations. Let me know what discoveries you make with my data!
I'll be surprised if there turns out to be a fixed algorithm. My money is on RNG!

Susie49

Soothsayer
Imho this is the best event so far. Not knowing what quest is coming next has taken the planning pressure away and I have got event buildings which provide me with boosts for population and seed production, which is what I need right now. I will not get all the evolutions for the startup building but have 7 of them and lots of lovely time instants won on the way. What is there not to like?

DeletedUser8632

Imho this is the best event so far. Not knowing what quest is coming next has taken the planning pressure away and I have got event buildings which provide me with boosts for population and seed production, which is what I need right now. I will not get all the evolutions for the startup building but have 7 of them and lots of lovely time instants won on the way. What is there not to like?

But we DO exactly know what quests are next, they follow a predetermined cycle.

Its exactly as it was before, with the only difference that players with small T1 factories, lots of space and lots of time can now massively outplay other players in terms of boosts, goodies and prizes.

In terms of T1 production, a Mermaid outstrips any T1 manufactory, gives culture and pop to boot, AND gives a bit of kp every day. If there are prizes like that, people (myself included) will aim high and grind it out.

Whats your calculation for that?

Last edited by a moderator:

Julian

Sorcerer
Whats your calculation for that?
A level 10 mermaid in woodelves will give around 9,000 T1 goods per day. I'm not stopping production to do the exact sums, but my level 19 steel factory will be doing around 6,500 per day (without enchanting). Certainly at the moment the mermaid is better on this stat alone. And they're roughly the same size. Add on the other stats, and it is a good building, even if other event ones have been better.

I better get round to building mine, but I'm waiting for the event to end for that.

DeletedUser6357

Mermaid outstrips any T1 manufactory, gives culture and pop to boot, AND gives a bit of kp every day
This is valid if no spells are used.
The culture of the Mermaid is lower than that of a WW that gives diamonds, KPs, resources. Twice a day.
I would not put 4 or 6 such buildings in my city.

C-Nymph

Necromancer
This is valid if no spells are used.
The culture of the Mermaid is lower than that of a WW that gives diamonds, KPs, resources. Twice a day.
I would not put 4 or 6 such buildings in my city.
Who said anything about wishing wells? It was a comparison of mermaid vs T1 manufactory. The T1 manufactory uses culture where the mermaid gives culture. So if anything, the culture the mermaid gives (even if it is just a little) only adds to its worth in comparison with T1 manu's. Wishing wells have nothing to do with this. I wouldn't replace a T1 manu with a wishing well. I would replace a T1 manu with a mermaid though.

DeletedUser6357

I wouldn't replace a T1 manu with a wishing well.
:D
So you haven't yet figured out what the most valuable resource in the game is.

Because of the event building that provides resources, the game is currently overcrowded with T3 resources.
Which cannot be traded with T1 or T2 at any exchange rate.
The next event will be a award-winning T2 resource building.
Inno are trying to balance what they have destroyed - normal trading of resources.
But putting into use buildings like the Mermaid, which give all three types of resources a category, will completely kill the trade between players.

DeletedUser8632

Who said anything about wishing wells? It was a comparison of mermaid vs T1 manufactory. The T1 manufactory uses culture where the mermaid gives culture. So if anything, the culture the mermaid gives (even if it is just a little) only adds to its worth in comparison with T1 manu's. Wishing wells have nothing to do with this. I wouldn't replace a T1 manu with a wishing well. I would replace a T1 manu with a mermaid though.

A level 10 mermaid in woodelves will give around 9,000 T1 goods per day. I'm not stopping production to do the exact sums, but my level 19 steel factory will be doing around 6,500 per day (without enchanting). Certainly at the moment the mermaid is better on this stat alone. And they're roughly the same size. Add on the other stats, and it is a good building, even if other event ones have been better.

Hmm, ok. I'm in Fairies and my L20 T1 gives me about 11K T1 every 24h while the mermaid gives me roughly half that.

Of course, factoring in culture and pop might make it an option but then I have ANOTHER building I need to upgrade with RR spells. And already need all my RR spells to upgrade the culture/pop buildings from the last 2 events because - lets be frank - there wasn't a single decent culture/pop building to be had this time around.

Killiak

Artisan

I wouldn't assume that.

Regardless of that, my comparison was accurate. The Mermaid outpowers the T1 manufactory in its daily T1 production (assuming 4x3hr, +1x9hr) even with a lvl 16 Mountain Hall present, it's a smaller size, and it also gives population and culture. In turn this means you can do with less residences (and other culture), which frees up more space.
Sure, spells will make the T1 manufactory outperform that, but you are forgetting the time issue. It's only going to outperform consistently if you can be online that much. The Mermaid just requires you to be on once per day.

Ergo, in a flat comparison the Mermaid comes out on top.

Moving right along; the space you just saved can then be used to place an enormous amount of Wishing Wells. Switching T1 for Mermaids doesn't exclude Wishing Wells in on way or another. It's a win-win combination.

Alternatively, it gives you more space for events, FA and guest races. Still win-win.

DeletedUser6357

Point of view.
I won two Mermaids and the necessary artifacts. And I think I have spent too much time on this. With minimal resources - I had a lot of scouting provinces.
If I have to win 4 more Mermaids, besides time, I will have to spend a lot of resources.
At the moment Spire of Eternity has started, which I'm curious to see. The army needed for its tasks cannot be produced in the usual way. It is necessary to use reducers on time - I prefer to spend them for this instead of for scouts.
6 Mermaids is a sport, not a game.

Sir Derf

Adept
The quests are endless, so if you want to progress and continue, you will have to scout and complete provinces. I call that pushing. It's either that or stop playing the event and then they could've as well made the quests NOT endless but have a fixed amount of quests. Then it would not be (or at least be less) pushing.

Key word - want.

C-Nymph

Necromancer

If I hadn't... I wouldn't have an inventory full of wishing wells waiting to be deployed... But I do. I just like to have an efficient city too. And replacing T1 manu's with mermaids means I can also delete residences, hence have even more space to place wishing wells (or anything else, but I'll talk wishing wells since that is the currency you like to work with).

Point of view.
I won two Mermaids and the necessary artifacts. And I think I have spent too much time on this. With minimal resources - I had a lot of scouting provinces.
If I have to win 4 more Mermaids, besides time, I will have to spend a lot of resources.
At the moment Spire of Eternity has started, which I'm curious to see. The army needed for its tasks cannot be produced in the usual way. It is necessary to use reducers on time - I prefer to spend them for this instead of for scouts.
6 Mermaids is a sport, not a game.

To each their own. I like to use my time instants on the event, since it gives me valuable rewards... The Spire doesn't really so far... A least, not really in proportion to the costs... But that's something for the other thread.

DeletedUser3671

I better get round to building mine, but I'm waiting for the event to end for that.
Where do you get these numbers ??

That's not nearly right. I have a Constructs city and can tell you, that that, gives close 9K goods, but only for the first T1. It gives exactly Marble: 8460. Steel: 7990. Planks: 7520.

My Halflings city gives; Marble: 5040. Steel: 4760. Planks: 4480.

And they are at the chapter level.

DeletedUser3671

But we DO exactly know what quests are next, they follow a predetermined cycle.
You do not.

That's it. I have tracked my Constructs city for 24 rounds of 64 corals. My Halflings for 20. I have gotten numbers from another FS. I don't have all put together with mine. But as i have that many numbers to look at now. There's not a fixed order.

The first two are the same.
The following 8, switches each between two quests. Which one you will never know. They randomly switch each of those 8 quest, which gives an insane high number in possible outcome.

Killiak

Artisan
That's not nearly right.

It is, actually. Note how he said "around 9000 T1 goods per day".

At the wood elf chapter, the Mermaid (at lvl 10) gives 3022 marble + 3043 steel + 2864 planks. That's 9.129 total T1 goods.

The following 8, switches each between two quests. Which one you will never know. They randomly switch each of those 8 quest, which gives an insane high number in possible outcome.

In the 64-coral infinity loop, it loops like so;
64CoralLoop.JPG

Last edited:

DeletedUser3671

It is, actually. Note how he said "around 9000 T1 goods per day".

At the wood elf chapter, the Mermaid (at lvl 10) gives 3022 marble + 3043 steel + 2864 planks. That's 9.129 total T1 goods.
In that way yes ;-)

C-Nymph

Necromancer
You do not.

That's it. I have tracked my Constructs city for 24 rounds of 64 corals. My Halflings for 20. I have gotten numbers from another FS. I don't have all put together with mine. But as i have that many numbers to look at now. There's not a fixed order.

You do know. It's not a totally fixed order, but somewhat of an order, with a random opponent still in place. So you know which set possibilities you will get (one or the other, then one or the other, etc). Thus, if you prepare your city in order to have productions (or whatever is needed) ready when the quest arrives (which can then be either of two quests), then the next productions ready (because you know which two possibilities are up next), etc., you can still prep a bit and not be totally surprised.

You get this order:
Quest 1
Quest 2
Quest 3a or 3b
Quest 4a or 4b
Quest 5a or 5b
Quest 6a or 6b
Quest 7a or 7b
Quest 8a or 8b
Quest 9a or 9b
Quest 10a or 10b
And then back to Quest 1, Quest 2, etc., etc., etc. Rinse repeat into infinity.

So it depends on how you look at it (statistical or practical) but from a practical point of view, I don't see that as an insane high number in possible outcome.

But I think we can conclude that your hypothesis that it all follows a set order of a set algorithm and everyone gets the same order (which would then appear to be random) can be rejected. It's just RNG with a 50% chance on every quest option (except the first two, those are 100%).

Last edited: