• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Summer Event: March of the Herds

DeletedUser3097

Thank you for your feedback so far about the event so far. Feedback such as yours is always gathered up and passed onto to the relevant team to help shape future events.

Please help us keeping harmony in the community.
Even though your feelings about matters may be strong, please make sure you respect the opinions of others.

DeletedUser3227

I usually enjoy the events very much but unfortunately not this one. I am stopping at number 60 in all 3 of my worlds. The "pay a good amount of tier 3 goods" is just too exorbitant.

DeletedUser3553

I think there has been a major mathematical error in the latest Quest. With 15 days to go, the maximum number of beets obtainable for me equate to 1335 (15 days at a daily rate of 20 free beets; 15 x 35 for the daily Quest and as I've reached level 91 of the main Quest - a maximum possible 510 beets if I finish the Quest), The Cozy Farm shows that it requires 800 rock cakes (or whatever they're called). At a going rate of 140 beets = 20 rock cakes; then, I'm going to need 5600 beets. So, there is no way I can obtain the Farm because I'm going to be 4,265 beets short. Or is that the whole idea - the only way you can possibly win the Farm is to buy more beets with diamonds ??

Deleted User - 106219

It's always like that: The first reward is easy tog et, the second one might be difficult, and the third one is nearly impossible tog et without Diamonds. Your only hope is to get extremely lucky and get a lot of extra beets from opening chests.

We kinda have this sort of conversation with every major event.

DeletedUser3553

Then the whole thing is rather pointless. The maximum number of beets you can obtain is 3338 (from the main Quest), 980 from the daily quests and I'll give it 24 free ones, each day for the 28 day period, which is 672. Total beets you can, therefore, obtain is 4990. At 140 beets for 20 rock candy, you'll get 712 rock candy. Rock candy required for all 3 rewards = 1450. I had very little success gaining extra beets from opening the chests. And, before anyone suggests I could use diamonds - I reckon I'm going to need to spend over 16000 diamonds, to gain the extra beets I need, to create the rock candy I will need, to obtain the Cozy Farm. Simply isn't going to happen - so I'm abandoning the Quest and will focus on developing my city and gaining Ranking Points. I knew the game was challenging, but it looked like fun. Now I'm beginning to think it's over-challenging and becoming a burden. Shame.................

cwgiii

Shaman
I reckon I'm going to need to spend over 16000 diamonds, to gain the extra beets I need, to create the rock candy I will need, to obtain the Cozy Farm. Simply isn't going to happen
It is true that the luck involved to gain the top prize without purchasing diamonds would be like a moon shot. However, I distinctly remember seeing several threads out there asking for more challenges within the game. Some folks seem to get bored quicker than others. I have learned that no one can ever please everyone at the same time. I have also learned that one key to this game is make choices and stick to them. Focus on one or two goals at a time (knowledge tree, building structures, quest lines, tournaments, or events). Without paying into the game, there is simply no way to do it all or have it all instantaneously. I now specifically look at event prizes to see if I want to participate or not. They can definitely be very draining from a resource and time point of view.

I personally never strive for the top prize, but concentrate on getting the first two. That is enough challenge for me. I get frustrated with several aspects of the game (like the monotonously repetitive nature of completing neighborly help), but I try to keep in mind that it can all be part of the over all puzzle of the game. Strategy certainly evolves from chapter-to-chapter, from event-to-event, etc. Sometimes subtlety, sometimes more drastically (like the forced limit on discovering the world map based on Orc development).

DeletedUser3553

Take what you say, but there really is no logic to engaging in a quest that cannot be won fairly.
What is the point of offering something that is not attainable ? That's not challenging - it's completely wrong !

cwgiii

Shaman
Take what you say, but there really is no logic to engaging in a quest that cannot be won fairly.
What is the point of offering something that is not attainable ? That's not challenging - it's completely wrong !

Wrong in your opinion. I happen to agree that it may not be a smart thing to chase after that top prize (that is why I don't bother). But the game is a business after all, and the devs are earning their keep by offering that top prize at a cost (Diamonds). They simply know that there are a few folks that will stop at nothing to obtain it, regardless of cost. They have also offered a chance, however slim, to be able to win it. We can all choose to try, choose to be happy with lesser prizes, choose to buy, choose to not play. Again, it is all about choices. But, I do not really agree that it is "wrong" to have that top prize with it's current strings attached. I agree that it would be nice to have that structure within reasonable play parameters, but I also want to keep playing the game, and I play for free. So, to me, it seems reasonable that there are some portions of the game that I simply will not be afforded access to (like the blue prints for magic structures, and the top prize for optional events, etc.)

I am not trying to be contrary here. I am simply pointing out that "in order for us to have nice things", we sometimes must "play along". Another alternative is for the game to go to a pay-to-play model. I would hate to see this happen. I know I would not be able to play any longer, and I believe it would drastically shrink the player base to a point that the game would completely fold. Just an opinion.

DeletedUser3553

So, the game is only for the rich who can afford to spend £100 UK in diamonds to win the third prize in a "normal" game venture/quest ?? As I said before, achieving the stated final objective of the Quest is effectively pointless for the majority of players.

Glad we got that sorted ! Issue closed.

m4rt1n

Adept
On the last day of the event there was an offer on the Easter Phoenix event to buy the necessary for the last building for £20. There will probably be a similar offer this time, maybe?

The third building is a purchase building like others in the culture that are purchase only all the time.

I spend a little now and again as I realise from the beginning you can play completely for free, but purchases can help your enjoyment of the game.

The more patient you are, the more this game is for you and me who like enjoyment on a budget. :p

DeletedUser3781

So, the game is only for the rich who can afford to spend £100 UK in diamonds to win the third prize in a "normal" game venture/quest ?? As I said before, achieving the stated final objective of the Quest is effectively pointless for the majority of players.
This is strictly untrue, as you don't need that third building to play the game. It's maybe a nice addition to have, but in no means necessary.
In smaller events, like the charming tree, you need to complete all the quests to obtain a reward. Here you have a chance to get a reward every day. There is no final objective for this event. There is no reward for completing everything. You can earn some beetroots and spend them on some nice things, that's all. I fail to see why the fact that they try to sell one building for real money within that event would ruin the game for non-paying players.
Perhaps though they could make it more obvious from the beginning that the third building is unattainable for free, so people don't get their hopes up.

DeletedUser2848

I think there has been a major mathematical error in the latest Quest. With 15 days to go, the maximum number of beets obtainable for me equate to 1335 (15 days at a daily rate of 20 free beets; 15 x 35 for the daily Quest and as I've reached level 91 of the main Quest - a maximum possible 510 beets if I finish the Quest), The Cozy Farm shows that it requires 800 rock cakes (or whatever they're called). At a going rate of 140 beets = 20 rock cakes; then, I'm going to need 5600 beets. So, there is no way I can obtain the Farm because I'm going to be 4,265 beets short. Or is that the whole idea - the only way you can possibly win the Farm is to buy more beets with diamonds ??
The third and last major prize in every event is only obtainable with diamonds. Personally, I think they should say up front prize three is for diamond players only, it would save so much confusion. But, like many game developers, they hope that people put in so much effort in trying that after realising they can't get it they will buy diamonds. I think it's disrespectful to players. I get that the whole point of the game for the devs is to make money, but you catch more flies with honey than you do with vinegar. I'm always more open to spending in game if I don't feel like the devs are purposely trying to make play impossible without spending. From what a few of my FS members are saying, this particular event would actually cost a bomb in diamonds to obtain the last prize. This is seriously the worst event since I began playing. I stopped bothering with it, the prizes are not worth the massive loss of resources.

cwgiii

Shaman
The third and last major prize in every event is only obtainable with diamonds.

It is technically possible to win the last prize, although the odds are very slim. I agree that, for me, the last prize is simply not worth pursuing. However, I do enjoy the challenge of navigating through the quests. I will admit, this particular event does seem to be particularly resource and time intensive.

DeletedUser2699

Technically anything is possible, but with this quest which I am seriously considering stopping in one world (not really worth paying the goods for #60), although still knocking my head against a brick wall in the other, the ratios of demands are quite unreasonable. My ratio of points of my lower ranked player to higher ranked player is just over 0.61, yet when asking for a good amount of T3 goods for task #60 the ratio of goods being asked for is 0.84. My rates of production of goods (and stocks) are clearly quite different as well making this even more problematic. My smaller player is being asked to give up about 30% of stocks (5.0x9hr cycles), while my larger players is only being asked for less than 10% of stocks (3.1x9hr cycles). This just seems so unfair particularly considering what can be obtained for the same amounts if used in a simple weekly tournament, where the thousands of T3 goods being asked for go an awfully long way.
I would hate to think what problems are faced in the newest world.
And yes, the daily prizes are not bad, but they are certainly not great, particularly when compared to simple diamond bought buildings in the normal game and those available in previous quests.
I understand that the game is here to make money for the developers, but players should expect to get similar outcomes for similar effort. This does not seem to hold for this quest, and that is what is most disappointing. :(

Hi. Really sorry to make my first post a negative one. But I was really looking forward to this quest. I very much enjoyed the last one. However, I have just thrown in the towel - on the 75th task. I struggled with the three consecutive gain hundreds of thousands of supplies tasks. But handing over 4 million coins on task 75 I am just not going to do. I have only just started Dwarves and those kind of numbers are too big an ask for me. I know it has to be challenging - otherwise it would be boring - but this is a bit too challenging for me and, without meaning to sound rude, I do feel some of the tasks are pointless or "samey". Sorry, but this is not for me. Something between the difficulty of the last quest and this one would be better.

DeletedUser3542

Hi. Really sorry to make my first post a negative one

Don't feel bad about your first post being a negative one here on this subject as you're another person who likes a challenge but finds this event a tad over the top and very expensive to complete. In fact this being your first post is a positive one not negative as you're agreeing with most other replies here and showing that you stand with the majority and pointing out that they got this so wrong and by doing so they should be taking notice and even if it's too late to change it now they should be thinking long and hard about other events of this kind and doing more to make it fun and worthwhile as a game should be not a task that makes you feel it's not worth doing and ruining your fun. Posting your concerns about this event was the right thing to do.;)

DeletedUser3781

I hope the rewards structure will change for future events, I'm tired of getting heaps of relics that I don't need for anything. For players who are maxed in their boosts and play tournament they're absolutely useless. I'd rather get spells instead of relics, or broken shards (if we could store more than 10 ofc), or those instants that I haven't encountered anywhere yet :|
Also it would be neat if the chances for winning the building were higher, or if there was a second chance for your favorite buildings towards the end (like buying them for some set price in beets).

DeletedUser2369

Apologies if this has been asked already.
Quest 76: gain xxxxx coins. Does selling a building not count towards the collection of coins. I have just sold 2 buildings but the coins gained were not added to the total needed for the quest.