• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Summer Event: March of the Herds

DeletedUser3362

As others have said, the "pay a good amount" tasks can be a huge, even insummountable, obstacle depending on the level of development of your city relative to the chapter you're in. Now, I largely agree with Poacher and I don't mind that I can only go so far in this quest: there will be others, the daily events are feasible and I did pick up a couple of daily prizes :)

What is frustrating is that there are tasks further on easily within my scope if I could just get to them. I could probably work my way slowly from 35 to 55 in the main sequence with a bit of planning, even in a small just-started-ch III city - but there is no way that one is going past 31. I would far prefer it if they get progressively harder.

Also, the rewards don't seem to be proportional to the investment required. For example, 750 T1 goods gets you 11 or 12 beets (Ch4) so about 65/beet. Compared that with 18 or 19 for 2450 T3 goods - about 128/beet. Factor in the 16-fold cost of producing T3 and you're looking at the equivalent of roughly ten times the price!

DeletedUser3446

Here is a list of amounts in those quests by chapter: https://www.gamersgemsofknowledge.com/march-of-herds-by-chapter
From this, if you have to pay 2450, it would mean you're chapter 4 while your folks are chapter 3.

...aaand continues to make no sense following previous steps >> IN CH.4 AS WELL << ... of 900 T1 [ALL 3 items / steps 10-12] followed by 500 T2 [all 3 items / steps 20-22] .. to then jump to 2450 T3 ?? [assume all 3 items / steps 30-32] .. when you've just researched 'advanced t3 factories' .. [5-8 approx] .. but still very low un-boosted production rates .. basically kills off my event main questline for both my cities .. but I'm liking a few of the daily rewards so all is not lost ..

see also my first post on this on page 4 ..

DeletedUser3446

Be reasonable... adapting the requirements to chapter is rather fair... they can't check thousands of accounts to see who has upgraded this or that and how many buildings they have.... and even only checking the tech progression, that's not because you researched an upgrade that you have already upgraded your factories... :confused:

This event is supposed to be a challenge somewhere... a reward imply some kind of effort :D

i understand your point tonton and TOTALLY AGREE it should be a challenge .. but i think maybe you're missing my point regarding factors and required amount progression between ch.3 and ch.4 being somewhat badly thought through .. see above

DeletedUser3446

Felyndral: I came to the task No. 30, which is asked to pay 2450 elixirs.
I can not believe it's okay, and that it's appropriate for this server.
Please check to see if it's okay.
The rest of the felowships say they should pay 600 elixirs.
What is it about?

http://prntscr.com/fvek9i

see my 1st post .. p.4

Deleted User - 399667

Not liking the "pay a decent amount of marble/steel/planks " thing at all - makes it hugely difficult to find the resources to upgrade,negotiate or trade with if you have to spend them on a quest ! Will this be a feature every day ?
i agree .. im at where i gotta pay in elixer gems and fairy dust .. 4600 .. ive got 2000 elixer right now and can generate 120 every 3 hours .. gonna take me days to finish just one of them much less all 3 .. and if i trade my fairy dust for them then i have to collect even more of those for next part ... not even gonna try and finish this cause at this point i wont get much past this stage befor it ends

Deleted User - 399667

one thing i wish is that ya could get beets from neighbors when visiting and also get a treasure chest from each neighbor not just from 2 or 3 when visiting .. would make it a bit more worth while .. i dont visit often since some of the bigger towns lock up my pc for 5 min or so while it loads up ...but thats probly more on my end than a game issue lol

also i wish the building in the quests could be bought in the game and not for diamonds only ... or there was a way to get diamonds in the game instead of buying them . maybe getting them for some sort of acheivment or reward for finishing some sort of quest line or even i diamond mine in the game ..

Deleted User - 106219

also i wish the building in the quests could be bought in the game and not for diamonds only ... or there was a way to get diamonds in the game instead of buying them . maybe getting them for some sort of acheivment or reward for finishing some sort of quest line or even i diamond mine in the game ..
On Beta you now get diamonds from the chests you open wwhen starting a new chapters (or at least from some fo the chests). There are also some quests that give Diamonds, for example:
FairyAWQuest.png

Unfortunately, it's NOT retroactive. So if you already opened a chest or completed a quest that now gives diamonds before the rewards were changed - you're out of luck.

Anyway, to not be completely offtopic:
I am bored with this event. It's the same repetitive quests over and over again, only the demands increase more and more. And the few new quests (of the "Pay X Coins/Supplies/Goods" type) are just too expensive if you are in the early chapters. In Felyndral I gave up on the event because there's just no way I can afford to pay 500 of each Tier III good.

Aisling1

Conjurer
Ho hum.. not so many cages, or unicorns/ my little ponies, or guards or whatever.. so far... in other words, daily prizes at 2x1 or 1x2's with population and or good culture, square wise. I really wish I hadn't made fun of those daily prizes in the last year because as I progress it is the 5x4's and the 4x5's with population that are the first to bite the dust.. while 150 permanent culture for 1 square or 260 with population at 2 squares - are the ones that can survive chapter by chapter & after upgrade because of it's usefulness..When I started, oh boy did I want the grand prizes.. now, I have better value on offer in my culture section.. The prizes that turned out useful..orc generators.. but unfortunately only if you were in the right chapter at the right time.. in my 2nd city it still turns out supplies but didn't upgrade to orcs.. Travelling merchants at Tier III fed the orcs and were worth the space.. I could produce mushrooms, almost regardless of the state of my Tier III..

And beets and herds... where are the graphics.. ?? At least with the December event we got snow.. so sorry, so not impressed..
And genuinely, mostly focussed on tournaments, research and upgrading.. if the quest happens to fit and I win something, great.. if not.. use it for kps, relics and spells.. somethings bound to come in useful, later..

I visit cities still hanging on to their Venar's Rocks.. and I think pretty, useless.. and check em out to see if they're still active.. as for those who keep their scream of Hallowe'en.. hello, no disrespect but.. do you actually play???

D'you know.. I find myself asking do they actually want the bigger players to give up and go away.. because they are really heading that way..anyone sensible ignores quests, and focusses on city.. FS and my bug bear.. trades with FS, shapes FS to reflect boosted, and ignores the hood.. Trader has really suffered since the change in wholesaler practise.. no one buys anymore to trade or trades with non boosted, and so much more cross tier trading favouring those with good boosts and space for Tier III.. Tier I after a certain lvl now negliable.. if you're not supplying the hood and newbies, why waste the space???

This time round I don't see anyone posting to help with the "meet a large quantity of goods".. at least when it was a specific amount those with boosted posted trades...

Bottom line, nah, not impressed.. I'll keep playing for the company, to a point.. but what was a thriving hood is now dead space.. and I'm getting bored.......

DeletedUser2848

Here's some feedback. What were the developers thinking with this event? It's awful, just awful. This is the first event I'm not going to follow through on, and if new events are anything like this one, I won't be playing those either. What a complete waste of resources that could be used to negotiate provinces. At least with past events the quests have been useful. Not to mention, the "pay a good amount of goods" is a total game stopper for almost my entire fellowship on the new world. Most of us have barely started the game, and haven't even reached tier two goods yet! Ugh. I'm just angry with myself for wasting the resources on all three worlds before realising just how bad this event was and I stopped bothering with it. The prizes aren't worth the loss of resources. Come on Inno, you can (and have) done much better.

Tonton-des-bois

Illusionist
What you're talking about has nothing to do with reason[...]
I'm sorry if playing this game for more than two years (since the begining) turned me into an old idiot,
your 1 month experience surely led you to The Only Real Truth... :confused:
... because it's well known we all were born with the whole wisdom and we lose a bit of it each time we experiment things... :D
... in your wonderland, Alice. :p
... a banana, Cheetah ?
PS: I'm not angry, just an acid joker ;)
i understand your point tonton and TOTALLY AGREE it should be a challenge .. but i think maybe you're missing my point regarding factors and required amount progression between ch.3 and ch.4 being somewhat badly thought through .. see above
I'm totaly agreeing with your total agreement ( :p) but my explanations were general minds... players under chapter 3 aren't supposed to complete events because they are still improving... still in a long training phase... sorry for them :(
You only have a "real complete and functional" city from end of chapter 5... It can be discussed but I wasn't able to balance my prods (or complete an event) before this point in Winyandor and in my first game on Arendyll we hadn't any event the first year... ;)
So, in details, imposssible for chapters before 4, yes, hard for chapter 5, yes, the logic of the game decided of that... It's simply impossible to make reasonable events for early chapters that aren't too easy for all the others... you must just consider that the first 5 chapters are "newbies" ones... not yet the real game...

Last edited:

Timneh

Artisan
players under chapter 3 aren't supposed to complete events because they are still improving... still in a long training phase... sorry for them

Not true.
In the recent live Q&A session Timon said the devs are going to look at the quests after all the negative feedback from new players and see what they can do to make the quests better for them as it is the devs intention for ALL players to be able to finish the events.

DeletedUser3542

i'm researching advanced scouts for chapter 4 and will soon wave bye bye to chapter 3. I did just scrape in and complete the Charming tree event, it was close but i got there just before time ran out , i'd rather a bunch of smaller events like that than this monster before me now:eek:. Lets see more like that one.

Timneh

Artisan
i'd rather a bunch of smaller events like that than this monster before me now:eek:. Lets see more like that one.

There are 3 of these big events per year and normally a smaller one inbetween them so you should get your wish. I got that info from a beta player so if it turns out to be wrong don't blame me haha. :)

Tonton-des-bois

Illusionist
Not true.
In the recent live Q&A session Timon said the devs are going to look at the quests after all the negative feedback from new players and see what they can do to make the quests better for them as it is the devs intention for ALL players to be able to finish the events.
I told you what the facts were... I'm not concerned by the propaganda from the Supreme Soviet Headquarter....
That's not because some said they were kidnapped by aliens that I will believe an intelligent race will spend 500 years in a ship, using the equivalency of 4 average suns' energy in fuel, just to twiddle us... :confused:

Last edited:

Tonton-des-bois

Illusionist
I plead guilty, your Honor :oops:
I could say I tried and failed but that would only be words and wouldn't count for my trial...
What would you think of hundreds of newbies saying they can't too ?

And perhaps you said yourself that the problem is still happening today and they will only try to solve it later, I quote you : " In the recent live Q&A session Timon said the devs are going to look at the quests after all the negative feedback from new players...", that, with inno, generally means never in your lifetime :rolleyes:

You can't make a cube rolling and you can't stockpile balls without holes between them, no matter the time you try, you can't slow down players with complete cities without rendering the events too hard for newbies with uncomplete cities, that just two opposite statements...

Do I deserve mitigating circumstances ? o_O

Last edited:

Timneh

Artisan
Maybe we had a bit of a misunderstanding. You said players are not supposed to be able to complete the events because they are still improving. Did you mean they CAN NOT complete the events because they are still improving ? If that is what you meant i would agree with you 100%. I am not a supporter of the Inno devs as i think they are too focused on what they want in the game and most of the time do not listen to what the players are telling them but i really do hope that they do take notice of the feedback on the quests that ask for stupid amounts in this event. My personal belief is that if players can not complete the events they will just not bother doing them and that will mean the devs are wasting their time making them. Maybe you will be right and they will not make changes, the devs do not seem to be the brightest sparks in the fire judging by past actions.

m4rt1n

Adept
For everyone's info I completed the Phoenix event while in chapter 2.

In the last 3rd of chapter 5 and I have managed ok to quest 89, but quest 90 requires 27'000 Elixir and even my boosted to 592% and with spells used and continuous 3 and 9 hour production on 4 factories(3 at lvl7 and one lvl8), that is 48 hours. I will finish it soon as I prepared in advance but having now won the second prize see there is nowhere near enough beet left in the game to win the third without a quite large purchase, or huge luck with the prizes giving beet.

DeletedUser3639

I'm sorry if playing this game for more than two years (since the begining) turned me into an old idiot,
... because it's well known we all were born with the whole wisdom and we lose a bit of it each time we experiment things... :D
... a banana, Cheetah ?

Yeah, you're right, the game turned you into an old idiot.
After all, the game itself is quite dull.
Usually collecting resources and spending the same, the only serious challenge are tournaments.
In this game you do not even depend on your gaming skills, but on the time spent on it.
What specifically did your toy skill contribute, except perhaps you spent diamonds for quick construction?
No, you're not angry, you're just rude,
Start playing the new server, so then tell me fairy tales.
I would understand the challenge that can be done but not those that are impossible,
Or to punish me because I'm progressing through the game.
In no way can one bring in the same one that has just opened chapter IV and one at the end of it.
After all, I do not think that a correct discussion with you is possible.
EOD

... a banana, Cheetah ?

And yes, you are talking nonsense and discussing something about which you have no idea:
The transition from Chapter III to Chapter IV is shamelessly expensive, in relation to all others,
For example, task 30,31 and 32 pay elixir, dust, and gems, for chapter III it is 500, and for chapter IV it is 2,450 and for chapter V is 4,650.
It is not realistic that the transition from III to IV is almost 5x more expensive than anything else,
Why then is not the transition from IV to V by the same ratio 5x more expensive?

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted User - 13667

After so many such quest missions, it would be expected most bugs are snuffed out. That is not the case for elvnar.

Have had the mission to either scout a province or upgrade a building level 12 or more.

Have completed both several hours after and the quest is not considered complete. Having noted as such, an open ticket was sent to support with an absurd answer.

My opinion: Do not bother to place a moderator who does not know what to do or even bother to check data proper before replying.