• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Summer Event: March of the Herds

DeletedUser3542

As i posted earlier, i'd like to do this event myself but being in chapter 3 and my city looks like a natural disaster took place there, i have decided for now to forget this event and carry on building/upgrading and trying to make it a city you would want to live in, there will be other events so why get in a twist over this one, just keep calm and carry on building that city there is no rush, in the end the main thing is to have fun so don't let it become hard work.:oops: :confused:

Last edited by a moderator:

Jackluyt

Shaman
HAPPY SUNDAY!
Today's Event Building is a 3 x 3 called Valorian Valor that produces Vallorian Guards for you. (More details in our Event Guide)
It is probably a waste of space for all players above chapter II - there is no great advantage over Treant or Paladin, which are available relatively early in the Tech Tree - as opposed to the Grounds of Orc Strategist building in the previous event that produces Orc Strategists - which are only available in Chapter VIII, and there is no Human equivalent.)
Note that VG has a better attack than Paladin - but unlike the other two I highlighted, it has no strike back..

19732066_10209578806407629_5816472000097537293_n.jpg

SummerJoya

Alchemist
Unfortunate. The only hope I see in that case is that people use the wholesaler to purchase the 3rd tier goods available there and then trade among themselves to get the boosted goods that are excluded for each individual via the wholesaler.
This is not fair. We can not use wholesaler as the tier 2 or 3 is not on it. Therefore it is impossible to trade if your neighbour and FS is poor of that. It is not fair!

Deleted User - 106219

HAPPY SUNDAY!
Note that VG has a better attack than Paladin - but unlike the other two I highlighted, it has no strike back..

19732066_10209578806407629_5816472000097537293_n.jpg
Huh? Since when? All the Valorian Guards I have fought (on World Map and in Tournaments) had Strike Back. All the VG I have trained also have Strike Back:
ValorianGuard.png

EDIT: I guess you looked at the wiki and did not check the actual in-game stats. The wiki info is wrong and I made a report about the error (see here.)

This is not fair. We can not use wholesaler as the tier 2 or 3 is not on it. Therefore it is impossible to trade if your neighbour and FS is poor of that. It is not fair!
Tier II and Tier III are on the Wholesaler even before you have researched them. Check and see for yourself.

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted User - 106219

Not at mine wholesaler, my tier 2 and 3 are silk and dust, I have only diamonds, scrolls, elixir and gems on. :/
Ah, you mean your boosted goods. I thought you were talking about Tier II and Tier III in general. Sorry, but boosted goods are never sold on the Wholesaler. Your best bet is to buy Elixir or Gems and trade them for Magic Dust until you can research it and start producing it. I am in the exact same situation and decided that once I get to where I need to pay Tier III goods I will give up on the event quests.

DeletedUser3337

Well I need to hiss for a bit, pls forgive me.

Quest #67-69 more then a million supplies produced (one workshop makes 622 supplies per 15 min, imagine)
Quest #75 asked to pay 6.4 Million coins, next one to gain 6.4 Million coins (my cap is 9M)
Quest #90-93 was to pay 3 times 54000 tier 3 goods (previous one was pay 3 times 18000 tier 3)
.. just a few example, how expensive this event is.

If I compare my current Glossy gardens with Mother dragon, it is even a step back in culture and population.
Not looking forward to quest 96-98, seriously Inno, this is a little too much, sowwy

DeletedUser

Planning is key in this game, and patience.

I do like the City Architect to help with the former (see link below):
elvenarchitect.com
I have absolutely no idea what Elven Architect has to do with this event... I've been using it since before it was released to the public in general as its author is a member of my FS on Arendyll...

I understand your point about being asked for goods you can't produce yet (if there are 99 quests then perhaps the tier 1 quests could've been in the first 33, tier 2 quests in the second 33, tier 3 in the final group of 33 quests) but I don't see the problem with having to decide between progressing down the tech tree or putting progress on hold in order to participate in the event. To me, it's similar to tournaments. Do you use your goods as per usual for research and/or buildings or do you delay spending them until the tournament is over?
I'm a fighter and always have been, I usually get through 3-4 provinces and round 4 or 5 depending how hard it is, I might negotiate for a couple of provinces but that's all, don't have enough goods to spare for everything - the Felyndral city is No.5 of my cities, i.e. its the smallest, so I've been all through everything several times and the events, I'd never have enough goods if I was catering my way through tournaments as I need them for the world map, for techs, for upgrading buildings, and now for the event.

Its incredibly frustrating to have to only do one thing and totally suspend everything else because of this event, but even more frustrating that getting through those T3 quests will be an absolute nightmare if they're going to ask for 500 of each!

I can buy 5 or 10 a day of each of the non boosted, but then I'd either need to cross trade - which most people hate, but that's another topic - or get an extra 500 of the non boosted from the trader in order to trade back for the boosted

cwgiii

Shaman
I have absolutely no idea what Elven Architect has to do with this event... I've been using it since before it was released to the public in general as its author is a member of my FS on Arendyll...

I was replying to Tirake regarding planning. Sorry I did not include the quote earlier. See below:

Overall I like this event. I think it's kinda funny how with events like this different quests are difficult. In this one the toughest for me will be research a tech or upgrade building over level 12...because of where I am currently in tech tree. Not impossible, but I have to plan stuff right.

The Architect may not be directly related to this or any particular quest, but my point still holds true that this event, any event, and the entire game IS about planning. Since Tirake is a newer player, I was simply providing a possible resource to help with said planning.

On more than one occasion, I have gotten a particular quest and thought I might be stuck, until I referred to my city model in the Architect and figured a way around the problem. Sometimes, simply seeing the city (from a different perspective (flat) it is easier to see a structure or space that might be hidden otherwise. I believe this is one of the reasons the tool was created. So, I would argue that the Architect can be directly related to this event.

I for one, thank your fellow for developing the tool and keeping it up to date with new structures.

DeletedUser

I was replying to Tirake regarding planning. Sorry I did not include the quote earlier.

The Architect may not be directly related to this or any particular quest, but my point still holds true that this event, any event, and the entire game IS about planning. Since Tirake is a newer player, I was simply providing a possible resource to help with said planning.

On more than one occasion, I have gotten a particular quest and thought I might be stuck, until I referred to my city model in the Architect and figured a way around the problem. Sometimes, simply seeing the city (from a different perspective (flat) it is easier to see a structure or space that might be hidden otherwise. I believe this is one of the reasons the tool was created. So, I would argue that the Architect can be directly related to this event.

I for one, thank your fellow for developing the tool and keeping it up to date with new structures.
Ah that explains it.

I make planks and keep copies of all the links in a word document, that way I can often use one of those plans for another city when it gets near to a particular point - you should mail Konn and thank him, its always nice to know people appreciate the work a person does.

Tiriake

Soothsayer
I was replying to Tirake regarding planning. Sorry I did not include the quote earlier. See below:

A newer player? :D I would not have thought that as a player who is about to start sorcerers and dragons chapter I would still be considered newer player! Learn something new every day I suppose...

As for the advice about Elven archidect. It's no use for me with this problem. i know how to plan a city. I am not stuck, it's just bit more tricky for me. At this point I have built all the buildings I want and upgraded to my chapters max (except one MH level), which means that I either have to build brand new buildings from level 1 to level 12 for those quests or reach new upgrades via tech tree ( I highly doubt that I will manage to research those in time). I am not planning on building new buildings that I don't need to level 12 . I will get through those quests without it. It just needs planning. These quests will be my tough ones for this event. In winter event it was relics, I suppose it depends on where you are in the game in what quests can be hard to do.

However I do agree that this game is all about planning.

cwgiii

Shaman
A newer player? :D I would not have thought that as a player who is about to start sorcerers and dragons chapter I would still be considered newer player! Learn something new every day I suppose...

Sorry about that. I must have misread something or transposed your name with a newer player.

DeletedUser3978

in the march of the herds quests asking to produce x amount of workshop goods and gain x amount of supplies I believe it should read produce x amount of supplies as supplies gained from quest rewards are not being included in the gain total

DeletedUser3446

RE : March of the Herds - Step 30 > Pay a good amount of elixir - 0 / 2450 ??? ... [Player in Ch. 4 / Main Hall lvl. 10 / Winyandor ]

I have read through this thread and noone has yet mentioned anything so far about this step requiring a totally ludicrous amount of T3 elixir for me to pay as a player just starting into Ch 4, and only just finished researching and unlocking the advanced versions of the T3 manufactories (5-7), or thereabouts .. or a player having a similar relative figure for a different chapter ..

On steps 10 - 12, the questline asked for 900 of each T1 item, and on steps 20 - 22 for 500 of each T2 item .. so for step 30 to ask for this ' 2450 ' amount, I assume for each T3 item, would seem to be extremely odd in Ch. 4 to say the least .. nevermind also that 2 of the 3 items are un-boosted ...

Could someone be kind enough to check if this is a mistake ? ... I could accept possibly 200 or so, but I can't believe the enormous amount of 2450 is correct for my level .. the effort to make that amount for these three steps by themselves, let alone the other 65 steps to complete the whole quest in the 20 odd days left, would seem next to impossible !

screenshots below for illustration ..
View attachment 1982 View attachment 1983 View attachment 1984

Attachments

• elixir_prodrate.JPG
    elixir_prodrate.JPG
    107.5 KB · Views: 71
  • elixir_whole.JPG
    elixir_whole.JPG
    100.3 KB · Views: 62
  • elixir_2450.JPG
    elixir_2450.JPG
    88.1 KB · Views: 94
  • elixir_ch4.JPG
    elixir_ch4.JPG
    110 KB · Views: 86

DeletedUser3781

Yeah, the amounts they ask for are absurd. Each time this comes up I get a feeling that the herds lady is a member of the gang and I have to pay her for khem "protection". Not a nice feeling if you ask me.
I think the pay quests should either ask for way smaller amounts or have an alternative, especially that some people don't even produce requested goods :eek:

Timneh

Artisan
RE : March of the Herds - Step 30 > Pay a good amount of elixir - 0 / 2450 ??? ... [Player in Ch. 4 / Main Hall lvl. 10 / Winyandor ]

I have read through this thread and noone has yet mentioned anything so far about this step requiring a totally ludicrous amount of T3 elixir for me to pay as a player just starting into Ch 4, and only just finished researching and unlocking the advanced versions of the T3 manufactories (5-7), or thereabouts .. or a player having a similar relative figure for a different chapter ..

On steps 10 - 12, the questline asked for 900 of each T1 item, and on steps 20 - 22 for 500 of each T2 item .. so for step 30 to ask for this ' 2450 ' amount, I assume for each T3 item, would seem to be extremely odd in Ch. 4 to say the least .. nevermind also that 2 of the 3 items are un-boosted ...

Could someone be kind enough to check if this is a mistake ? ... I could accept possibly 200 or so, but I can't believe the enormous amount of 2450 is correct for my level .. the effort to make that amount for these three steps by themselves, let alone the other 65 steps to complete the whole quest in the 20 odd days left, would seem next to impossible !

These quests actually repeat so you are going to see them again and the amounts jump up quite a bit each time, also you are coming up to some workshop quests where you need to do 1hr, 3hr and 9hr productions and a totally stupid amount of extra supplies. Those quests also repeat. It took me hours doing 5 and 15 min productions to get the supplies. All the quests in this event where you need to gain or pay goods or coins involve crazy amounts.
The community manager on beta said that these quests have been designed to try and make players spend more time in the game but a lot of people are not going to be able to spend 5-7 hrs producing supplies. The devs must think none of us have lives away from this game.
If i remember correctly my last gain supplies quest was for 362K (chapter 8) so i am not looking forward to the next ones. I'm not sure the rewards for this event are worth the time as i will only need to sell them in the next chapter to make room for mana producing buildings.

DeletedUser441

Oh how I wish I understood the minds of the developers :( :confused: . I truly hope they are not driven by profit alone. o_O I like to think there is some logic to this game , but so far it eludes me.

DeletedUser4003

Hello, i got myself into impossible situation today, when it comes to completing quests 90/91/92.

I was at chapter 4, and i knew, that i need to push into chapter 5, so i get stronger event buildings, im talking about event ''March of the Herds''

Situation:

So i was pushed into chapter 5, by completing quest 89 (researched advanced scouts) and got quests 90/91/92, witch are:

90 - Pay a good amount of Elixir
91 - Pay a good amount of Magic Dust
92 - Pay a good amount of Gems

each quest asked me to pay 27 900 of each tier 3 resource.

Problem: Since it is a long way to go, in terms of research, to get superior versions of tier 3 goods manufactures, its impossible to gather by myself 83 700 tier 3 resources.

I understand, that donation amount depends on the chapter, but i think, it would be fair if that amount depended either you have tech researched (superior gems/elixir/magic dust manufactures) or you don't.

Hope this helps.

FatOldElf ;)

alsael

Enchanter
I'm new,at the start of chapter 2,no research of crystal,silk yet,and I was asked to pay 100 crystals as a quest.I guess that's it for me,summer event over...:(