• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Summer Event: March of the Herds

Deleted User - 106219

Main Hall level 10
Coin Capacity: 1'600'000
Wholesaler offer: 38 Tier III for 243K Coins or 24'320 Suplies.

:( Yes, you can buy Tier III Goods from the Wholesaler even before you research them, but it's going to cost you - a LOT! :( :( :(

Timneh

Artisan
Thanks for clearing that up shadowblack and cregganroe.

I am in orcs chapter and the amount of supplies being demanded in addition to the workshop productions for this event are just bloody crazy. I'm starting to think it is not worth the effort just to get some buildings that i will have to sell in the next chapter to make way for mana producing buildings.

cwgiii

Shaman
I'm starting to think it is not worth the effort just to get some buildings that i will have to sell in the next chapter to make way for mana producing buildings.

I highly recommend taking a critical look at each event and the rewards to help choose which ones to participate in. Like most things in this game, you cannot do it all at the same time. You have to be choosy and strategic to get ahead.

DeletedUser3542

my understanding of the buildings you can gain are that they are only temporary and will vanish 5 days after you put them down, i could be wrong but i'm sure i saw that somewhere.:confused: i'll see if i can find that info again and i'll let you know. ok you can sell them or keep them but the boost they give is temporary.

New building type! Magnificent Mage Multiplier gives a temporary boost to your mage's fighting ability. It doesn't last long, however.
Note the expiration time for one just placed in the city. Once it expires, the effect wears off, and you can keep or sell the building.

DeletedUser3542

to be honest i'm only a few weeks into the game and still in chapter 3 so i'm not sure about this event and i'm trying to get my city in some sort of order and having seen the long list of quests for it and the huge cost in resources i'm thinking i'm prolly better off using what resources i earn and trade to keep working on my city and i'll catch other events like this later on. i'm a noob and still trying to figure this all out :eek:

Timneh

Artisan
These big events seem to come round every 4 months or so with some smaller ones inbetween so you will not have to wait too long for the next one.

Tonton-des-bois

Illusionist
I really liked that there were more "pay that" quests that are chapter dependent and at anybody's reach but the quests requiring to gain supply as well as doing some WS productions are hard to complete if you don't have a lot of PoP & EE spells to enhance your WS production... not everybody has a Magic Academy and a lot of these spells to spend... ;)
Inno made a step forward in balancing this event for more people but newbies are still disadvantaged... :rolleyes:

Also, i hope there will be some gardens in the rewards because all the rewards i saw atm are far under the gardens we were able to get from previous events... :(
Glossy gardens (phoenix event) had a ratio of 2.57 when even the best GP of this event has only 1.81 ratio (compared to standard residence and cultural buildings of same chapter) and the best known daily reward atm is the Mother Dragon with a 1.53 ratio...
(ratio means x times the residence and culture building efficiency for same chapter)

NB: I counted the ratios upon orc chapter that is the last one before the culture efficiency is lowered by the mana that appears in woodelves chapter...

Last edited:

DeletedUser441

Have you seen the price of third tier goods ? ! Very expensive . :eek:

DeletedUser3978

yes you can buy tier 3 from the trader 5 at a time , quests 30-32 in chapter 3 are pay 500 of each tier 3 thats 100 visits to wholesaler for each and then the goods are gone if it had been a collect quest instead at least the goods would still be available to trade . to me this is a very poor design decision considering how new the felyndral server is

m4rt1n

Adept
Also the price from the wholesaler goes up by 50% for every purchase on the same thing and resets daily so it could get extremely expensive to buy tier 3 goods.

DeletedUser3985

Do the daily quests carry over to the next day if you don't complete one (meaning you can complete multiple daily quests in a day)? Or do they last for the one day only?

DeletedUser3097

Do the daily quests carry over to the next day if you don't complete one (meaning you can complete multiple daily quests in a day)? Or do they last for the one day only?
They carry over, and as soon as you complete one, the next day's one becomes available (unless of course, you are up-to-date with the daily quests). :)

DeletedUser3985

They carry over, and as soon as you complete one, the next day's one becomes available (unless of course, you are up-to-date with the daily quests). :)
Thank you very much for such a quick response! Will pass on the info to my fellows.

Tiriake

Soothsayer
Overall I like this event. I think it's kinda funny how with events like this different quests are difficult. In this one the toughest for me will be research a tech or upgrade building over level 12...because of where I am currently in tech tree. Not impossible, but I have to plan stuff right.

DeletedUser

yes you can buy tier 3 from the trader 5 at a time , quests 30-32 in chapter 3 are pay 500 of each tier 3 thats 100 visits to wholesaler for each and then the goods are gone if it had been a collect quest instead at least the goods would still be available to trade . to me this is a very poor design decision considering how new the felyndral server is
They've made such a mess with these quests, I'm at the beginning of Chapter 3 and just finished the Advanced Crystal tech, I've managed to upgrade 3 of the 4 crystal factories, but now I need 500 scrolls to put into the advanced scrolls tech and 500 silk for the silk tech, both of which have the kp in, so I'm literally waiting to make enough crystal to trade for the goods.
Last night I managed to scrabble enough crystal to pay 500, but now its pay 500 scrolls followed by pay 500 silk on the event, I can't negotiate any encounters because I don't have the T2 goods and never will at this rate, and as Baralinka says above - T3 from the trader is 32k gold or 3.2k supplies for 5, but of course the price goes up each time we buy, where are we supposed to get enough gold/supplies for 100 transactions? But thats only for the T3 that I don't produce myself, what about the T3 that is my boosted good which isn't yet unlocked on the tree?
Someone, somewhere in Elvenar has made a really bad mistake with this, Felyndral is still new enough that a lot of people are in my position, what should have been a nice summer event to do in tandem with what we are already doing has become something of a nightmare, seems we can do the event (maybe) or we can carry on as we have been with the promise of nice rewards etc floating out of reach!

cwgiii

Shaman
Planning is key in this game, and patience.

I do like the City Architect to help with the former (see link below):
elvenarchitect.com

Deleted User - 106219

Planning is key in this game, and patience.
Neither of those can help with the fact that Felyndral is still new and very few people can produce Tier III goods. 500 of each Tier III good is too much. Hell, even 50 is too much for me. Like I said in an earlier post:
Main Hall level 10
Coin Capacity: 1'600'000
Wholesaler offer: 38 Tier III for 243K Coins or 24'320 Suplies.

You do the math and tell me how long it will take me to get 500 of each Tier III good.

Once I reach the first quest to pay 500 of a Tier III good the event will be practically over for me.

DeletedUser3985

I understand your point about being asked for goods you can't produce yet (if there are 99 quests then perhaps the tier 1 quests could've been in the first 33, tier 2 quests in the second 33, tier 3 in the final group of 33 quests) but I don't see the problem with having to decide between progressing down the tech tree or putting progress on hold in order to participate in the event. To me, it's similar to tournaments. Do you use your goods as per usual for research and/or buildings or do you delay spending them until the tournament is over?