• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Other Suggestion: do not make anniversary gifts feel like a punishment.

DeletedUser1874

I have to say, the anniversary gift felt like a punishment to me, and presumably also to anyone who made the "mistake" of not logging in their main world today, since you can only claim one unicorn per account, you're not given any choice on the matter, and it came as a surprise.

In my case, and I suppose many others', this surprise was "here, there was this nice gift for the anniversary and you missed it, deal with it" - turning a celebratory event in a rather bitter circumstance.

The fix should be easy in my opinion: give players the ability to refuse it and claim it on their main server as a timed offer and not as a one-time pop-up, and/or give support the ability to switch the gift from one city to another.

DeletedUser5093

This is an issue with any of the free gift things they give out. I missed out on the 10 RR spells that got handed out a while back because I logged into an about-to-be deleted city first. I was pretty frustrated with that, but Inno refused to do anything about it.

Any of these things should really be per city, not per account.

DeletedUser4149

i have to disagree. if you're running multiple cities you should either care about all of them and be glad you got something for free or just consider this a side effect of having multiple cities to get diamonds for your main city by using wishing wells. in that case, the diamonds you're getting should be worth much more than a unicorn and you shouldn't be too greedy to complain about a free gift that will benefit a city that you are obviously still playing and using to boost a different city.

FieryArien

Necromancer
i have to disagree. if you're running multiple cities you should either care about all of them and be glad you got something for free or just consider this a side effect of having multiple cities to get diamonds for your main city by using wishing wells. in that case, the diamonds you're getting should be worth much more than a unicorn and you shouldn't be too greedy to complain about a free gift that will benefit a city that you are obviously still playing and using to boost a different city.
That’s hell of an assumption about players with multiple cities.

In other words, I have to disagree. I care about both my cities, but one is simply the main one. Because it was the first, because it’s more advanced (Elementals vs. Woodelves), because it’s developed enough to have even some free space to play around ... Also I don’t see a point in collecting these unique gifts, if half of them is in one city and half of them in the other. Very discouraging.

DeletedUser1874

If the devs had something against diamond farms I'm sure they wouldn't throw this many WWs at us, and/or they'd make diamonds city-bound as opposed to account-bound. This isn't about greed, this is about consistency. Besides, if someone cares about commemorative items that are worth less than other easily obtainable stuff such as craftable items, it's safe to assume they're contributors. But I'm sure you'd be able to spin it as to accuse people who invest good money towards the development of this game as just greedy, it's not a rare sight in discussion about freemium games.

DeletedUser4149

i think the expression "don't look a gift horse in the mouth" should apply to unicorns too.

Pauly7

Magus
Umm... I didn't get a unicorn and haven't heard about one. I only have one city and have not missed a day logging in for years.

I'm not saying I would have wanted it, but I certainly wasn't offered one.

Pauly7

Magus
Wait... scratch that.... Yeah I do have a unicorn. I just didn't know that it had appeared in my inventory. I didn't see a message.

I was right, I don't want it though, haha! :D